Favorite Klingon Episode

Zaltar

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 1:39 pm

So, which Klingon episode is your favorite?

Mine is "Redemption, Parts I & II."

:honorable:  :honorable:  :honorable:  :honorable:  :honorable:

coloradochaz

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 1:47 pm

Redemption is good, and I especially like looking at the cleavage on Lursa and B'Etor, but I voted for Way of the Warrior, maybe because it marked Worf's beginning on DS9.

01101001

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 2:13 pm

I will list a couple favorites.

Heart Of Glory

The Emissary

Redemption, Parts I & II

In Purgatory's Shadow, By Inferno's Light

coloradochaz

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 2:22 pm

The Emissary is also an excellent Klingon episode. Suzie Plakson is perhaps the most attractive of all the Klingon females in her role as K'Ehleyr, who is Worf's mate (and mother to their child Alexander). That episode concludes with a peaceful settlement to a volatile situation as Worf and K'Ehleyr assume the temporary positions of Captain and Commander of the Enterprise.

Venicius

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 2:36 pm

trouble with tribbles, No bloody honor crap.

TheDriver

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 4:58 pm

Wait, you make sure to include "The Time Trap" from TAS?

But not "The Sword of Kahless," "Apocalypse Rising," "Soldiers of the Empire," or "Tacking Into the Wind" from DS9?

Color me confused...

AGrey

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 5:04 pm

I really detest 'klingon episodes'.

now, i don't mind klingon characters, or episodes with klingon characters, but for me, any episode that delves into klingon honor and all that crap usually hits narm so fast i can't bear to watch it.

that's not to say that there aren't good episodes up there.  DS9 (with a few exceptions) did Klingons well, mostly because they focused on the politics.

Voyager, on the other hand, had terrible with 'klingon episodes', and for me, the Torres-centered episodes which focus on her klingon background are almost unwatchable.  (barge of the dead is just about the only episode I will skip when I go through the DVDs.  I would rather watch Threshold than Barge of the Dead)

Harbinger1

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 11:01 pm

I am not the biggest fan of Klingon episodes, but I enjoyed DS9's "Blood Oath" since it brought back so many classic actors to reprise their Klingon roles.   :honorable:

ghostcaptain

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 11:43 pm

Klingon episodes have been some of my favorites, Kor was my very favorite Klingon among the varied Star Trek series. :honorable:

BrotherofShran01

Report this Jun. 13 2009, 11:52 pm

Here are my favorites:

Errand of Mercy
The Trouble with Tribbles
Day of the Dove
The Emissary
Sins of the Father
Redemption, Parts I & II
Blood Oath
The Way of the Warrior, Parts I & II

ghostcaptain

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 12:06 am

By the way I would have selected Errand of Mercy as my favorite episode :honorable: , however my very first exposure to Star Trek, that I paid any attention to at that time, was on Nickelodeon in 1987 or 1988 when I watched one of the few animated Star TRek episodes that I have ever seen "The Time Trap".  I was only six or seven at the time and I remember that episode fondly today.  That is why I actually voted for "The Time Trap" instead of "Errand of Mercy", it has emotional significance for me.  I will also never watch that episode or the cartoon again because I know that they will be too awful for me today and will just ruin my memory of it ;).

Phlox01

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 9:07 am

"Vote or be Dishonored!!!!"

It is YOU who are without honor, as Sins of the Father was not included on your puny, human list.   :p  :honorable:

challengerdyer

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 9:36 am

"Soldiers of the Empire" is my vote, although alot of Klingon episodes are tied for best.  DS9's "Children of Time" has a great Worf moment:
 Klingon warrior:"You said there was an enemy to defeat. I see no enemy here."
 Worf: "Their enemy is time. We must help them defeat it."

TheDriver

Report this Jun. 14 2009, 9:40 am

Quote (Harbinger1 @ June 14 2009, 2:01 am)
I am not the biggest fan of Klingon episodes, but I enjoyed DS9's "Blood Oath" since it brought back so many classic actors to reprise their Klingon roles. :honorable:

*smacking head*

Yeah, I can't believe I forgot to list "Blood Oath," another great Klingon episode.

vulcan7

Report this Jun. 16 2009, 11:12 pm

the way of the warrior,honorable mention,soliders of the empire.

Users browsing this forum: 22123magic