New Star Trek Series in the Works

mikmoth

Report this May. 30 2009, 1:01 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to post and tell ya how we're doing on the Star Trek Q series.

First off... we're just fans. We're writers who also have some 3D talent. We're in no way official. Nor ever dream of being... we're just having fun!

Anyway... here is the site:

STARTREKQ.COM

We're thinking of animating the whole series. Actors and sets would be awesome of couse. But since we're just "nobodys" we do what we can.

There is a teaser movie on there too worth checking. Kinda supposed to make you ask "Huh?" :)

My partner did the audio... I do all the writing and graphics.

What do you guys think of a series based on the Q? Their history... who they really are... how they got started. Their struggle to understand the universe and how they did it?

Any polite comments would be appreciated!

Edit:

MISSION STATEMENT:

What would happen if someday you woke up and realized that you were different? Nobody understood. Nobody could see the magic that it was to be human anymore.

And then it happened. You woke up! You were free from Earthly bounds!

This is the story of a young man and a young girl who stumbled upon the mystery. They struggled to understand it. It affected every part of their lives until they were finally outcasts.

With no one to turn to but themselves they began to learn their gifts. The gift that every human has but has forgotten. Are they teachers? Prophets? Saints? No, not really. Just a young boy and a girl who stumbled upon the mystery.

Finally united, their numbers grew... carefully and quietly. They were not out to claim Power and their hearts still beat like humans.

Adrift in a sea of possibilities they would strike out on their own. Create a new Starfleet where they could watch and help - to ascend and build the ladder for humanity so that one day we might all be free.

JasonMartell

Report this May. 30 2009, 3:30 pm

Well you asked for polite comments so here it goes.  I'm sorry but I don't believe I could watch this.  It seems like it was conceived by a die hard Miley Cyrus fan.  Star Trek is not about butterflies, unicorns, and pink flashy, little girl, retro outfits.

frimmel

Report this May. 30 2009, 4:37 pm

Those outfits are wrong in a 'Batman & Robin' nipples on the costumes kind of way.

OtakuJo

Report this May. 30 2009, 5:41 pm

erm.... Looks cool. But what's with the codpiece?

mikmoth

Report this May. 30 2009, 7:33 pm

Well... the moths are definately symbols for the Moth Phenomena...

The background is the abstract... the unknown.

Anyway... I agree sorta. But its meant for young people too. To bring them into the Star Trek experience. (I went to Barns and Noble... all the Star Trek books but have disappeared. We need fresh new talent and young people to keep ST going.)

Well to answer your question... The series is about leaving Starfleet. There comes a point where someone *wakes up* and has to leave everyone else behind. In this case its a young boy and girl... they gather a small tribe of like-minded souls and start the *new* Starfleet... circa 2699. And that is the whole twist. The Q were once *human*...

This story is based on a true story of course... all me and my friends experiences. We've been to the fringe... seen what's out there... beyond coincidence... 42,84,101,19, etc. The only way to advance the human race is to "trick" them into it. Bring them in slowly... what a better way then to appeal to young people? Because... really... we have fallen from grace.

01101001

Report this May. 30 2009, 8:09 pm

the video in the link doesn't work for me...

Great 3D talent, judging from the picture.

AGrey

Report this May. 31 2009, 4:59 am

oh....

my...

god...

:sick:

I think i just got diabetes... :(

sizro_spunkmire

Report this Jun. 01 2009, 4:36 pm

The comment about Miley Cryus is bang on.  You have great animation skills but this needs more Trek and less Hello Kitty flare.

mikmoth

Report this Jun. 02 2009, 12:21 am

Maybe you guys dont understand the premise (?).

Here is our Mission Statement. Like I said... if we could do this with real actors we definately would! We just don't have the money of course (Paramount)

MISSION STATEMENT:

And then it happened. You woke up! You were free from Earthly bounds!

AGrey

Report this Jun. 02 2009, 4:35 am

I'm going to try to be gentle, so instead of stating outright the impression I am getting of your project, I'll simply link some reference material for you.

I think that just about covers what you're going for.

[edit]Looking back, that mission statement you posted seems to be quite literally copy/pasted from your first post.
I understand what you're trying to do, I just don't think it will be any good.

coloradochaz

Report this Jun. 02 2009, 8:50 am

I would suggest you get legal permission from Paramount and CBS for using the name star trek before you proceed further with this.

mikmoth

Report this Jun. 02 2009, 9:42 am

Hey, thanks for the glimer... I think. ?:)

Oh... Mary Sue is old news. I mean who cares about our little fragile egos... when *that* is out there - the unknown, the abstract, what it means to live with your full potential! Like I said... this is the response me and my friends have gotten everywhere.

I mean sci-fi comes from three places. The past, what we've learned from our elders. The present, from our own experience and peers. And the vision of our future.

Like I said from the first post... this is our journey. We are doing this for us. We're not on a quest to make you like it... or to get picked up. I mean that would be awesome... but we *have* to go on this journey (me and my friends).

We're jut fans for god sake. Its not like we're a studio or something. And in the end... someone might actually enjoy it! Oooooh! the humanity! lol

(i always think of Gene at moments like this)

thanks anyways

sizro_spunkmire

Report this Jun. 02 2009, 1:40 pm

Quote (mikmoth @ June 01 2009, 10:42 am)
Hey, thanks for the glimer... I think. ?:)

(i always think of Gene at moments like this)

thanks anyways

Drop the words of wisdom and listen to the existing fanbase.
You have excellent 3D and animation skills but should seriously consider reapplying them. ¿You Mission Statement has nothing to do with Star Trek and can be rehashed for any series or topic in existance.

"What if you woke up one day and could redo the entire Jedi Order?"

"What if you woke up one day and could prevent the Cylon nuking of Caprica?"

"What if you woke up one day and put your awesome animation skills to work by modelling the Federation after Reboot, Hello Kitty, Hanna Montana and The Notebook?"

Seriously dude, you have great skills and could really put together something awesome.

mikmoth

Report this Jul. 05 2009, 1:19 pm

'The first thing you must do is discover your will,' Felix said.

'What is will? I mean, how do I find my will?' Sara asked genuinely.

'Finding your own will is the secret of secrets, Sara. It is hardly ever taught, and you will find very few who will speak of it openly. For you, will is a point outside yourself, outside everything you know. You cannot grasp it and you can hardly even recognize it as part of you. It's the only part of yourself that you cannot know because it is the mystery of mysteries.'

'Well then, how am I supposed to use it, if I don't know about it?'

'Your will is yours to command. It is intent proper, outside of fear and hope. It is outside the realm of mind and talk and words. Let's say, that for you, will is a feeling. If you can touch that part of yourself that is outside of you, it will come. It is your dreamer, and for this reason, you can only use it for good and protection.'

'My dreamer? ' Sara asked curiously.

'A person's dreamer is the light-sided, beautiful one, who lives in all of us. He is happy ,and joyous, and is always ready to do a good deed. He or she is very humorous and shiny as well. That is the feeling you must cultivate, because he is the only part of you that can command your will, your power.'

'I don't understand.'

'It's very simple, actually. You have to stop reasoning it out first of all. Your mind cannot grasp such a concept as your will. You have to use other methods. Usually for beginners it is shiny feeling on their left side. As you become familiar with it and begin using your will to get the things you want, it will become a feeling somewhere under your belly-button.'

A bumble-bee suddenly started bumping into Sara for attention. And then just as suddenly, it flew away.

'Ok, Felix. I think I understand.'

'Remember, fear and doubt make it go away. You should trust your power in all regards. You are strong, little one, I know you will soon find your power.'

mikmoth

Report this Jul. 05 2009, 8:37 pm

'Do you ever get lonely Allie?' Sara asked.

'I used to when I was younger.'

'You used to??'

'Well, you know... the best friend to have when you're feeling lonely is Wisdom.'

'Huh?'

'Well, Wisdom isn't something you get when you grow old. Or something you learn after being experienced. Its something you remember.'

Sara was quiet as Allie threw stones into the lake.

'Sara, real Wisdom comes from the universe itself. It sorta is the universe - I'm sure Felix can explain it better. But Wisdom, the kind we're talking about, is an energy you can tap into spontaneously. Its like a real friend to all people like us.'

'Really...' Sara started throwing her hand-full of pepples into the lake one by one like Allie.

'So when you're alone and need company, just call on Wisdom. Sometimes, mine takes the shape of an old man or a beautiful green Goddess... you know. Sometimes I just feel it like a presence taking care of me.'

'Its different for everyone?' Sara asked.

'Well... its like this force that knows everything. It can guide you. So... that is why I never feel lonely anymore.' Allie threw her last stone into the lake, where it sent ripples dancing across the water. 'Common, lets walk up the hill and see if we can catch the sunset.'

Sara swung back and threw her last stone deep into the lake.

More here: STARTREKQ.COM