People disrespecting Gene Roddenberry

TheBear82

Report this May. 14 2009, 5:40 pm

Greetings,

On a website www.roleplayoasis.com they are disrespecting Startrek.  They are not keeping their Sci fi Shows seperate.  They call it a Star Trek Room and use Stargate Terms and Storylines.  They are not keeping the timeline or the information straight.

Bear

Commodore_Dingbat

Report this May. 14 2009, 6:14 pm

Nice information...I don't think anyone really cares though...!

This_Is_Not_A_Test

Report this May. 15 2009, 3:38 pm

It's a game. People are free to do whatever they like in a game. If I want to create a game where Captain Kirk has sex with men for money on the Death Star while Green Lantern fights Doctor Who to the music of Oingo Boingo, I'm pretty sure no one can stop me.

TheBear82

Report this May. 16 2009, 7:20 pm

Quote (This_Is_Not_A_Test @ May 15 2009, 3:38 pm)

Your right no one can, but it would still be disrespectful and dishonorable.

Davros_

Report this May. 19 2009, 2:34 am

Actually I'd pay cash to see that in a theatrical format. :laugh:

This_Is_Not_A_Test

Report this May. 19 2009, 3:39 pm

Well you would, wouldn't you, you Dalek-creating bastard?

I'll get to work. :cool:

Starbasecommander

Report this May. 20 2009, 10:06 am

Quote (This_Is_Not_A_Test @ May 15 2009, 8:38 pm)

Bravo! Eloquently put.  :laugh:

Mr_Rixx

Report this May. 23 2009, 7:24 pm

Wow they have a BDSM forum! At least, I think they do, I didn't want to go too far in case I suddenly found myself in handcuffs being whipped...

Harbinger1

Report this May. 25 2009, 10:43 am

Oingo Boingo?!?

I pictured Kirk having sex with men for money to the tune of "My Sharona" by the Knack.

Borg1978

Report this May. 25 2009, 2:54 pm

or " it's raining men"

This_Is_Not_A_Test

Report this May. 26 2009, 8:51 am

Well, I was really thinking about Oingo Boingo for the Green Lantern/Doctor Who battle, but this is just a rough draft of the game/stage musical right now. I'm sure we can come to some agreement.

Actually, come to think of it, Kirk having sex with men to "Sometimes When We Touch" by Dan Hill would be both touching and ironic, since everyone knows Kirk is only in it for the money and doesn't like to cuddle.

the_original_koloth

Report this May. 27 2009, 3:36 pm

About 10 years ago, a very good friend of mine created an RPG with elements from pretty much all sci-fi universes along with his own. Some with star wars, some with star trek, his own imagination, etc. It was the best, most imaginative (and most addictive) game I ever played.
Many days of my life I lost to that great game. :D I think there's nothing wrong with it, in gaming such as this, I think it would be more flattering to Gene than blasphemous.

Users browsing this forum: corndogs