ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Alternate realities

JAHLON

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11

Report this Jan. 03 2013, 4:37 pm

Let's hope to the dear lord in heaven that ST: Into Darkness isn't a "Where No Man Has Gone Before" remake. Cuz that would suck. Here's what it should be: the Benedict Cumberbatch villain character is a victim (as are many) of the alternate timeline created by Nero's incursion. In fact, in this timeline, his entire family was either killed or wasn't even ever born because of the incursion and the alternate timeline it created. The "vengeance" part is because he's getting even with anyone who had anything to do with the alternate timeline (basically, the entire Federation). The Japanese extended trailer has him saying, at the end, something like "wouldn't you do *anything* for your family?" So, this is my theory. And I hope I'm right. 


It's not a "trek into darkness" it's "Star Trek: Into Darkness". Mkay?

AtoZ2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1297

Report this Jan. 20 2013, 4:18 am

Doesn't bother me in the least. Opens up entire new stories with my favorite characters.

RDJ

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8

Report this Feb. 13 2013, 5:15 pm

Hello guys. I love almost every Star Trek movie I have seen. Well, exept for a few of the old ones, especially the Undiscovered country. I am a huge fan of the 2009 movie reboot, and I have been trying to find blueprints so I can build a scale model on Minecraft. Unfortunatly, i cant find any anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find one?

RDJ

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8

Report this Feb. 13 2013, 5:19 pm

Quote: JAHLON @ Jan. 03 2013, 4:37 pm

>

>Let's hope to the dear lord in heaven that ST: Into Darkness isn't a "Where No Man Has Gone Before" remake. Cuz that would suck. Here's what it should be: the Benedict Cumberbatch villain character is a victim (as are many) of the alternate timeline created by Nero's incursion. In fact, in this timeline, his entire family was either killed or wasn't even ever born because of the incursion and the alternate timeline it created. The "vengeance" part is because he's getting even with anyone who had anything to do with the alternate timeline (basically, the entire Federation). The Japanese extended trailer has him saying, at the end, something like "wouldn't you do *anything* for your family?" So, this is my theory. And I hope I'm right. 

>


Im pretty sure in this new story line, Benedict Cumberbatch plays Kahn. The preview is very vauge, but it does give the viewer a few strong hints that he is kahn. Personally, I cant wait for this movie. I have been waiting for a sequil since I got out of the theater back in 2009.

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 13 2013, 7:12 pm

Quote: RDJ @ Feb. 13 2013, 5:19 pm

Quote: JAHLON @ Jan. 03 2013, 4:37 pm

>

>

>Let's hope to the dear lord in heaven that ST: Into Darkness isn't a "Where No Man Has Gone Before" remake. Cuz that would suck. Here's what it should be: the Benedict Cumberbatch villain character is a victim (as are many) of the alternate timeline created by Nero's incursion. In fact, in this timeline, his entire family was either killed or wasn't even ever born because of the incursion and the alternate timeline it created. The "vengeance" part is because he's getting even with anyone who had anything to do with the alternate timeline (basically, the entire Federation). The Japanese extended trailer has him saying, at the end, something like "wouldn't you do *anything* for your family?" So, this is my theory. And I hope I'm right. 

>

Im pretty sure in this new story line, Benedict Cumberbatch plays Kahn. The preview is very vauge, but it does give the viewer a few strong hints that he is kahn. Personally, I cant wait for this movie. I have been waiting for a sequil since I got out of the theater back in 2009.


a few strong hints>???


really???


can you even point out 1 "strong" hint that doesnt require wihfull thinking?




Photobucket

RDJ

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8

Report this Feb. 14 2013, 12:11 pm

Well, I had written a long answer, but it didn't post. Let me give you the short version. The famous kirk Spock hand against the glass from the wrath of khan is repeated at the end of the preview. Second, it show cumberbatch knocking a man across the screen, which implies a genetic expirament, like Kahn and his "family" which would explain the what would you do to protect your family quote said by cumberbatch in the preview. Finally, on IMDB it say cumberbatch plays Kahn(rumored). That all combined really screams Kahn. In the words of Spock, its only logical

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 14 2013, 2:06 pm

The thing is theres no way gto know if thats Kirk's hasnd and not, lets say, Pikes maybe.


cumberbatch knocking a man across the screen only implies hes stronger then most men, something we have seen plesanty of in trek stories


Khan didnt have a family, all he had was a wife and he wouldnt have met her yet in the new timeline.


And IMOD originally claimed thast Shatner was going to be in the 09 film.


Sorry, but again, you dont have anything I would call, "a strong hint"

switcherdawna

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 400

Report this Feb. 14 2013, 2:37 pm

Kirk had a brother Sam, in the TOS shows, he was stationed on the planet Deneva on the episode "Operation Anniahilate"... Sam had a wife and a son.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdRXj2jJFv4


 


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation:_Annihilate!

RDJ

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8

Report this Feb. 14 2013, 2:56 pm

He had a group of other super soldiers that he was with on the botiny bay. He was with them in the wrath of khan. He even called them his family. And cameos often have a pattern of being canceled. But cumberbatch isn't a cameo, he's a main charecter.

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 14 2013, 11:24 pm

Quote: RDJ @ Feb. 14 2013, 2:56 pm

>He had a group of other super soldiers that he was with on the botiny bay.He was with them in the wrath of khan.


which not once in" Space seed" or "TWOK" did he ever refer gto any of those persons as "FAMILY", so whats your point?


He even called them his family.


can you back that up??


I know you cant but anywasy....I challenge you to give me a quote in which Khan refered to his crew as "HIS FAMILY" in either TWOK or the episode ""Space Seed".


And cameos often have a pattern of being canceled.


And IMOD has a habit of posting false info.


But cumberbatch isn't a cameo, he's a main charecter.


whats your point?, nothing you have posted so far even remotly hints to his being Khan.


Photobucket

stovokor2000-A

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2001

Report this Feb. 14 2013, 11:26 pm

Quote: switcherdawna @ Feb. 14 2013, 2:37 pm

>

>Kirk had a brother Sam, in the TOS shows, he was stationed on the planet Deneva on the episode "Operation Anniahilate"... Sam had a wife and a son.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdRXj2jJFv4

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation:_Annihilate!

>


whats your point?


theres nothing in the new films that precludes the possibility that Jim has a brother.


Photobucket

AtoZ2

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1297

Report this Feb. 19 2013, 5:05 am

Quote: probablyjeff @ Nov. 19 2012, 4:27 pm

>

>Star Trek Into Darkness should be about Spock trying to restore the timeline and preserve the temporal prime directive

>


There's no need to restore the time line.
If your even half as intelligent as you parade yourself to be and had actually watched and understood the movie you would know with that a totally new "ATLERNATE" Time Line was created.
 
 
You do know what the word ATLERNATE means?

"Thank Pitch Forks and Pointed Ears"

RDJ

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8

Report this Feb. 19 2013, 6:04 am

All right. I hate to admit defeat, but I'm not gonna be an asshole. My new issue of STAR TREK magazine tells that Benidict Cumberbatch will be playing a man names John Harrison. I personalty have no idea who he is, so if someone could tell me, I would really appreciate it.

RDJ

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8

Report this Feb. 19 2013, 6:12 am

Also, in this new timeline, kirk does still have a brother Named Sam. Unfortunately, this is one of the scenes that didn't actually make it to the film. The scene is still located in the deleted scenes section. With the final cut of the movie, you only see young kirk driving his uncles camaro that he stole. Remember the part where he passes that boy who is trying to hitchhike? Well if you watch the scene you find out that that kid is kirks brother Sam who is running away from home because his uncle was being a jerk.

fireproof78

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 342

Report this Feb. 21 2013, 10:48 pm

Quote: RDJ @ Feb. 19 2013, 6:12 am

>Also, in this new timeline, kirk does still have a brother Named Sam. Unfortunately, this is one of the scenes that didn't actually make it to the film. The scene is still located in the deleted scenes section. With the final cut of the movie, you only see young kirk driving his uncles camaro that he stole. Remember the part where he passes that boy who is trying to hitchhike? Well if you watch the scene you find out that that kid is kirks brother Sam who is running away from home because his uncle was being a jerk.


His brother is also featured in one of the new comics, a redo of Operation: Annihilate! http://www.comicvine.com/star-trek-operation-annihilate-part-1/37-311829/


 

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum