Enterprise music

1987daytona

Report this May. 13 2009, 9:39 pm

Does anyone know who/what group did the theme song from this series? What is the name of the song and was it ever recorded for sale?

grigori

Report this May. 13 2009, 9:54 pm

Diane Warren wrote it, Russell Watson (the British tenor) performed it; not sure if it's for sale but you can access the whole thing on Wiki Alpha (Wikipedia's ST)--both versions.

whyaduck

Report this May. 13 2009, 10:02 pm

RikersMailbox

Report this May. 14 2009, 2:34 am

The theme song is so bad and ridiculous it single handedly destroyed the series. People would turn the channel after the cool intro because of the theme song. If you liked Star Trek before Enterprise you gave it a shot, but the average TV viewer was lost as soon as that song was played. Show lacked mass appeal and this is the reason Enterprise failed.

RikersMailbox

Report this May. 14 2009, 2:35 am

Quote (RikersMailbox @ May 14 2009, 2:34 am)

Also, I'm a hardcore Enterprise fan and I still feel this way. And yes it grew on me eventually over time, but in a really really annoying way.

whyaduck

Report this May. 14 2009, 7:46 am

Quote (RikersMailbox @ May 14 2009, 2:34 am)

It's a pretty sweeping statement to make that a show failed because of its theme song. Come on. I think most of the people who have a problem with the theme song had watched the various STs before and don't like the departure from the regular type of theme. Those new to ST wouldn't be put off by a theme song.

gottahvtrek

Report this May. 14 2009, 8:43 pm

I really love the intro.:)

Commander_Zelkar

Report this May. 15 2009, 9:48 am

Quote (starbase63 @ May 14 2009, 8:31 am)
Quote (1987daytona @ May 13 2009, 9:39 pm)

It's in the episode opening credits of every episode of Enterprise...

Theme written by Diane Warren

Performed by Russell Watson

The original version of the song was performed by Rod Stewart in the movie "Patch Adams" in 1998 under the title "Faith of the Heart" but the Enterprise version is known as "Where My Heart Will Take Me."

:logical:

No Way! You learn something new every day.

Commander_Zelkar

Report this May. 15 2009, 10:09 am

Quote (starbase63 @ May 15 2009, 10:07 am)
That's why I never understood why so many people always ask who did the theme because it's in every episode of the series in the opening credits after the guest stars.

:logical:

I meant that there was an original version performed by Rod Stewart in Patch Adams.

Commander_Zelkar

Report this May. 15 2009, 10:23 am

Quote (starbase63 @ May 15 2009, 10:16 am)
Ah, gotcha!

:logical:

I gotta remember to tell the wife because she likes that movie, but says the ENT theme song ruins the show every time I watch it.

Admiral_JTK

Report this May. 15 2009, 10:40 am

Little too much Christian overtone in it for me.

I prefer the ending titles music - that is what they should have pursued for the opening title with modficiations

TwoOfThirteen

Report this May. 15 2009, 1:47 pm

ENTERPRISE title theme song was just dreadful and probably cost the show a lot of viewers and hastened its demise... I could never find ENTERPRISE on UPN, or hardly find UPN itself for that matter.. I only saw maybe 4 episodes while in production, but now own the entire series on DVD. I think it might be the best series of the franchise.

RatherBeInSpace

Report this May. 15 2009, 1:56 pm

I didn't like the song at first, but now I like it.

shorty135

Report this May. 21 2009, 2:12 pm

i don't think the song in anyway bought enterprise down. it's a great opening for a great show

silvik123

Report this May. 21 2009, 2:24 pm

I  didn't like the song at first went I first heard it also but now I really like it! The words are very meaningful and I love to sing it.