Nemesis vs. Star Trek XI

Zaltar

Report this May. 08 2009, 10:57 pm

With the new film release for those who didn't like Nemesis, after seeing the new film had your opinion of Nemesis changed?

I have always thought that Nemesis was a good film (although with some flaws).  Vote for your favorite and explain why.

Thanks and Live Long and Prosper!

WesleyCrushersGirl729

Report this May. 08 2009, 11:06 pm

I voted for Nemesis because I haven't seen Star Trek XI yet.

Miquai

Report this May. 09 2009, 12:56 am

11 > 10

Not just numerically, but in every other respect as well.

Ndirsch11

Report this May. 09 2009, 1:17 am

"Nemesis" is the better film and by a wide margin too.  It was thoughtful, moral, introspective, and thrilling.  "Nemesis" was well shot, well made, mostly well acted, and it featured another wonderful score by Jerry Goldsmith (that alone elevates it above the new film).  Sometimes, it takes an act of courage to stand apart from the crowd and to declare something everyone else thinks is trash to be a treasure or to declare something everyone else thinks is a treasure to be trash.  I refuse to conform to an imaginary set standard or to smile when I really feel like frowning.

Original_trek_fan

Report this May. 09 2009, 5:40 am

Nemesis was an OK movie, it was a bad TREK movie. The new abomination is not a good movie in any way!

Sybok33

Report this May. 09 2009, 10:35 am

Quote (Ndirsch11 @ May 08 2009, 2:17 am)
"Nemesis" is the better film and by a wide margin too. ¿It was thoughtful, moral, introspective, and thrilling. ¿"Nemesis" was well shot, well made, mostly well acted, and it featured another wonderful score by Jerry Goldsmith (that alone elevates it above the new film). ¿Sometimes, it takes an act of courage to stand apart from the crowd and to declare something everyone else thinks is trash to be a treasure or to declare something everyone else thinks is a treasure to be trash. ¿I refuse to conform to an imaginary set standard or to smile when I really feel like frowning.

Whatever. NEM sucked. It sucked so bad that it was not even #1 at the box office for it's opening week, the only ST movie be be so honored. The #1 spot went to *shudder* a Jennifer Lopes crap comedy.

Captain_Storma

Report this May. 09 2009, 10:40 am

NEMESIS was an awesome movie. The fresh blood induced by the new director was spot on.

The characters were great, as was Shinzon. A really well developed villain, who simply went mad.

I haven't seen XI, nor do I plan to see it, but NEMESIS and FIRST CONTACT will be forever unbeatable for me.

Sybok33

Report this May. 09 2009, 11:22 am

Quote (Captain_Storma @ May 08 2009, 11:40 am)

Yeah, well...that's like you're opinion, man.

dffd

Report this May. 09 2009, 12:01 pm

I liked star trek 11 way better. I don't know why but nemesis just didn't have the right vibe.. it lagged in places and the story line was kind of bad.

yogofatso

Report this May. 09 2009, 12:37 pm

Quote (Ndirsch11 @ May 09 2009, 1:17 am)

Though I enjoyed 11 better, you're dead on for the movie score. I felt a bit disconnected with the music presented in the latest film.

Ali88

Report this May. 09 2009, 12:37 pm

Quote (dffd @ May 09 2009, 12:01 pm)

at least Nemesis had a plot

Zaltar

Report this May. 09 2009, 1:13 pm

Quote (Ndirsch11 @ May 09 2009, 1:17 am)

Amen

Captain_Storma

Report this May. 09 2009, 4:29 pm

Quote (Sybok33 @ May 09 2009, 8:22 pm)
Quote (Captain_Storma @ May 08 2009, 11:40 am)

Yeah, well...that's like you're opinion, man.

It is, and I hope that with the advent of the new film, and different opinions about it, people will finally stop bashing NEMESIS for no other reason but for fun.

CMO_Crusher

Report this May. 09 2009, 5:48 pm

i loved nemesis, the new one was good, i did enjoy it but i was a little confused by its story line... was it basically saying that the whole STXI was an alternative reality... cause vulan exists... its one of those bad dream things where everyone wakes up and its fine again... i suppose it opens up an opportunity for the new cast to carry on along an alternate reality with new storylines...
but if i was to chose which is the whole point of this thread i would chose nemesis. but there was desperate need for a new trek movie so we should count our blessings.

guideX

Report this May. 09 2009, 7:28 pm

Nemesis was pretty bad, I haven't decided how much I like this new one or not. Right now I am stick soaking it up and thinking about it.