Tulsa Trek Expo

Targallian

Report this Apr. 15 2009, 3:46 pm

They have finally announced the guest for this years Trek Expo in Tulsa, OK. It is a great line up, although I have seen most of these guest multiple times. I'm a little disspointed that there are no Firefly guests this year. We're still planning to go though.

Guests are:
Leonard Nimoy
Avery Brooks
Marina Sirtis
John de Lancie
Garret Wang
Anthony Montgomery
Cirroc Lofton
Chase Masterson (Leeta from DS9)
Bobby Clark (Gorn Captain from TOS)

also:
Phil Morris (from Smallville, he was also one of the kids on "And the Children Shall Lead" from TOS)
Corin Nemic (Stargate SG-1)
Mira Furlan (Babylong 5 and Lost)
Luciana Carro (from the new Battlestar Galactica)

also Keith Birdsong, who illustrated the covers of tons of Trek novels, will be there again. He is a really cool guy, and displays a lot of his work.

The website is www.trekexpo.net

Targallian

Report this May. 06 2009, 11:14 pm

They have now added Tony Todd (Kurn from TNG, but other roles of DS9, VOY, Chuck, The Rock, etc.) and Herb Jefferson, Jr. (Boomer from Original Battlestar: Galactica).

Very cool, but I'm still hoping for another Firefly guest.

Targallian

Report this May. 09 2009, 4:03 pm

If you do make it, let me know so we can hopefully meet.

Targallian

Report this May. 17 2009, 1:11 am

Yes, my wife and I along with some friends will be there. When it gets closers to make plans to meet up.

Targallian

Report this May. 25 2009, 9:24 pm

They just announced today that Herb Jefferson Jr. had to cancel due to a scheduling conflict. I hope they replace him with someone cool that I haven't seen before.

SLagonia

Report this May. 25 2009, 11:55 pm

Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 12:24 am)

Cardinal should be announced as a guest this weekend, so there's a replacement for you.

Targallian

Report this May. 26 2009, 6:40 am

Quote (SLagonia @ May 25 2009, 10:55 pm)
Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 12:24 am)

And why would Cardinal be a guest?

vgrbabe

Report this May. 26 2009, 8:47 am

Quote (Targallian @ May 26 2009, 6:40 am)
Quote (SLagonia @ May 25 2009, 10:55 pm)
Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 12:24 am)

And why would Cardinal be a guest?

yeah, I don't get why fanfiction needs to be at a convention

SLagonia

Report this May. 26 2009, 9:58 am

Quote (vgrbabe @ May 25 2009, 11:47 am)
Quote (Targallian @ May 26 2009, 6:40 am)
Quote (SLagonia @ May 25 2009, 10:55 pm)
Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 12:24 am)

And why would Cardinal be a guest?

yeah, I don't get why fanfiction needs to be at a convention

You know, it's not worth it.  I know there's this whole; 'I can't actually fight against you so I'm just going to marginalize your work' thing among a few of you, and I'm frankly just sick of it.

SLagonia

Report this May. 26 2009, 10:09 am

Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 9:40 am)
Quote (SLagonia @ May 25 2009, 10:55 pm)
Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 12:24 am)

And why would Cardinal be a guest?

Anyway, Cardinal was invited to speak to the audience, it only makes sense that we would be announced as a guest.  I'd be kind of insulted if they didn't.

Targallian

Report this May. 26 2009, 10:21 am

I'm assuming by the previous comments that Cardinal will be one of the several writers there, then. Right?

But if one of the scheduled actors cancels, they usually replace them with another actor. From what I've seen from previous years, the number of actors/production people has nothing to do with the writers that are at the con.

SLagonia

Report this May. 26 2009, 10:23 am

Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 1:21 pm)

Depends on the con.  It's possible Cardinal will be filling a different spot than the actors, and another actor will be anounced.

vgrbabe

Report this May. 26 2009, 10:29 am

Quote (SLagonia @ May 26 2009, 9:58 am)
Quote (vgrbabe @ May 25 2009, 11:47 am)
Quote (Targallian @ May 26 2009, 6:40 am)
Quote (SLagonia @ May 25 2009, 10:55 pm)
Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 12:24 am)

And why would Cardinal be a guest?

yeah, I don't get why fanfiction needs to be at a convention

You know, it's not worth it. ¿I know there's this whole; 'I can't actually fight against you so I'm just going to marginalize your work' thing among a few of you, and I'm frankly just sick of it.

it has nothing to do with any previous fights. Cardinal is fanfic...nothing more, nothing less. I've read it, I've enjoyed it. But it's fanfic

SLagonia

Report this May. 26 2009, 10:35 am

Quote (vgrbabe @ May 25 2009, 1:29 pm)
Quote (SLagonia @ May 26 2009, 9:58 am)
Quote (vgrbabe @ May 25 2009, 11:47 am)
Quote (Targallian @ May 26 2009, 6:40 am)
Quote (SLagonia @ May 25 2009, 10:55 pm)
Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 12:24 am)

And why would Cardinal be a guest?

yeah, I don't get why fanfiction needs to be at a convention

You know, it's not worth it. ?I know there's this whole; 'I can't actually fight against you so I'm just going to marginalize your work' thing among a few of you, and I'm frankly just sick of it.

Now, I know better.  If what I've been told is true, you're actually very talented and deserve respect for what you are doing.  However, if someone had no idea who you are, they wouldn't bother shopping at your store after hearing someone say your work is worthless.

To be honest, the only chance I have to get this thing through is if a big enough buzz can be created around it, and having a few people (and it's really only a few people) try to knock it down is really hurting the project.  Because of the secrecy around parts of the show, it's so hard to present a product for an up or down vote.  So when people tell you "Oh, that?  That's just some silly little thing that doesn't matter," then that's pretty much all those people bother finding out about the project.

vgrbabe

Report this May. 26 2009, 10:48 am

Quote (SLagonia @ May 26 2009, 10:35 am)
Quote (vgrbabe @ May 25 2009, 1:29 pm)
Quote (SLagonia @ May 26 2009, 9:58 am)
Quote (vgrbabe @ May 25 2009, 11:47 am)
Quote (Targallian @ May 26 2009, 6:40 am)
Quote (SLagonia @ May 25 2009, 10:55 pm)
Quote (Targallian @ May 25 2009, 12:24 am)

And why would Cardinal be a guest?

yeah, I don't get why fanfiction needs to be at a convention

I'm not sure if you realize this or not, and since you're not a bad person, I take it you don't, but telling me what I'm doing is just some silly little fanfic is the equivilant of me going into your store and telling you that you don't make real jewlery, that it's just some silly little hobby you have and you should go get a real job. ¿

Now, I know better. ¿If what I've been told is true, you're actually very talented and deserve respect for what you are doing. ¿However, if someone had no idea who you are, they wouldn't bother shopping at your store after hearing someone say your work is worthless. ¿

To be honest, the only chance I have to get this thing through is if a big enough buzz can be created around it, and having a few people (and it's really only a few people) try to knock it down is really hurting the project. ¿Because of the secrecy around parts of the show, it's so hard to present a product for an up or down vote. ¿So when people tell you "Oh, that? ¿That's just some silly little thing that doesn't matter," then that's pretty much all those people bother finding out about the project.

well since you pretend to know me, you would know that I don't have any store...I do say that I make jewelry as a hobby, and that I do have a 9-5 office job.. so please try again :D

and like I said, I thought cardinal has graet ideas in it. But it's the fanfic of a few people, pretending it's the next big tv show is not going to make it actualy happen