Why You Like or Dislike Wesley Crusher

CMDRCharlesott

Report this Mar. 31 2009, 7:29 pm

Wesley Crusher is an interesting topic. People seem to love him or hate him. As for me, I never cared for him, and was glad that his charactor took the path that he did. So what do you guys/gals think of the famous/infamous Weasley Crusher.

LunaKompton

Report this Mar. 31 2009, 8:12 pm

I like Wesley. Mostly because he's smart, I guess? I don't know, I just do. But I still don't see how an acting ensign who can't even get into Starfleet beats out Starfleet's best and brightest.

I also dislike his final episode. The Traveler? Really?

CMDRCharlesott

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 3:11 am

The Traveller concept may have been a little too kooky but he did say that Wesley was special. I felt that haveing him pick up mentoring Wesley was a fitting end.

Captain_Hammond

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 9:06 am

I can't tell if it was the acting or the writing.  I mean...seriously?  I never took him serisouly at all, he always was just that kid they put on the bridge because his mommy  and the captain secretly love each other :laugh:   But honestly, I just never liked him at all.

Commander_Zelkar

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 10:09 am

I hated the idea of a dorky kid, with no starfleet training, automatically given the helm of the flagship of the federation. Stupid idea from the get go.

Captain_Hammond

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 10:18 am

Quote (Commander_Zelkar @ April 01 2009, 1:09 pm)

It reminds me of Power Rangers.  Anyone remember Power Rangers Turbo?  With the kid that was like 12 saving the world?  When he morphed it literally showed the suit expand to adult size.  Same with Wes, it just seems they were trying to hard to reach another demographic.

LunaKompton

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 4:06 pm

I can't tell if it was the acting or the writing

...JMO of course, but I think Wil Wheaton did at least a decent job with what they gave him.

Leticia

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 4:29 pm

I liked Wesley.  There were times when he got on my nerves and I was not thrilled when he became a traveler.  I thought they should have allowed to go to Star Fleet and become an officer, he was brilliant.

LunaKompton

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 4:36 pm

Apparently he eventually goes back, though, because of Nemesis.

quantumstring12

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 6:29 pm

I liked the idea of a child prodigy, but perhaps the casting of Wil Wheaton wasn't the best choice. Overall, though, I liked the character.

NXstartrekker

POSTS: 1963

Report this Apr. 01 2009, 6:52 pm

He was fine, I was never really bothered by Wesley and think the flak he gets is unfair.

Star_gazer1

Report this Apr. 02 2009, 8:17 pm

i dislike him coz he's a woos, goody two shoes and just annoying.

LunaKompton

Report this Apr. 02 2009, 8:28 pm

Out of curiosity, what is a 'woos'?

Star_gazer1

Report this Apr. 02 2009, 9:32 pm

lol, its like a wimpy sissy boy, even tho he does look like a doppleganger of one of my buddys.

NextGenAddict

Report this Apr. 03 2009, 11:02 pm

I didn't like his character at first...I thought he was kind of annoying. I started to like him after the first two seasons though. I especially liked him in "The Game"...I'm not sure why though.