For Fans of Star Trek: The Experience

Biggshow

Report this Feb. 28 2009, 7:47 pm

Hey, kids check out these two websites:

and

Vernon was the unofficial video and photography historian of STTE.

Excellent work.

MattJC

Report this Feb. 28 2009, 10:33 pm

How long is this documentary going to be?
The first 2 parts look to be an hour and a half long.

trekker670

Report this Feb. 28 2009, 11:54 pm

Vernon has said that he's planning a total of 12 episodes, most will be 45 minutes long. The first premiere episode was double length.

Biggshow

Report this Mar. 03 2009, 2:16 am

Quote (Scoobydog @ Mar. 02 2009, 6:57 pm)
I've heard there's already a contract signed to have The Star Trek Experience moved to the Downtown Vegas area....

WOOT!

It's true.  There are stories all over the net about it.  Try trekmovie.com for the most complete coverage.

Biggshow

Report this Mar. 07 2009, 2:02 am

Yes I did and it will still be in Vegas, just moved downtown near the Fremont Street Experience.

jedivet

Report this Mar. 11 2009, 1:17 am

This is the best news I've heard in a while!  w00t!

ldb1958

Report this Mar. 17 2009, 8:52 am

Does any know when it will be finished

Biggshow

Report this Mar. 18 2009, 5:28 am

Details are very sketchy but the last word is that they hope to have Quark's and retail open by the movie opening, May 8.  However, that is now less than two months away with no apparent construction going on at the site.  Make of that what you will.

The overall plan is to open in stages (a sound busines practice if you ask me) and be fully restored by summer 2010.  However, see above.

Biggshow

Report this Mar. 18 2009, 5:28 am

Double post.  Waah.

Ed3091

Report this Mar. 24 2009, 5:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have some bad news....unless things change.

I have spoken with Rohit Joshi (Neonopolis), he advises that the opening for STTE will not happen until at least May 2010.

I asked about Quark's and the retail shop for the movie opening....It does not look good.

I will be in touch with him in the weeks and months to come about ideas and upgrades.

Best wishes all.

MattJC

Report this Mar. 25 2009, 4:13 am

A blessing in disguise. I don't want to spend alot of money n cabs going back and forth from the Hilton to the neonopolis.
Assuming this new Experience isn't dedicated solely to Abram's movie.

juise15

Report this Mar. 25 2009, 8:28 am

Yea I agree, it will ensure the attraction isn't rushed and that I can be there when it opens ;)

MattJC

Report this Mar. 25 2009, 2:32 pm

I'll probably go see the site where it is being built though, when I am in town for the convention.

Ed3091

Report this Apr. 03 2009, 3:53 pm

Hello All,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have spoke with Mr. Joshi of the Neonopolis this week. ¿The plans for the Experience is set for May 2010. ¿There will be no staged opening this year. ¿Unless he is lying to me, I would think that STTE will not be ready until the 2nd Abrams Star Trek movie is ready.

Yes, if you have not heard, talks are already in the works for a second movie by Abrams and his crew.

But back to STTE, we will all have to wait. ¿I have tried to establish a time line, but no luck. ¿Design and planning is underway.

I will keep you all posted.

Best Wishes,
Ed

MattJC

Report this Apr. 04 2009, 12:49 am

Thanks for the updates.
I would hope the Experience would be ready by the next convention in the summer of 2010.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam