Vegas 09

juise15

Report this Dec. 23 2008, 12:21 am

Well its not too early to think about going to Vegas next year.  Lets try to help everyone get the best rates on rooms and what not.

Ill begin, I need someone to room with for the event.  I have no one from my area who wants to goto vegas so I have to travel alone and room alone (no fun).

vgrbabe

Report this Dec. 23 2008, 8:45 am

I was hearing from some people who walked into the hilton and got realy cheap rates, like $70 ish a night.

Star54

Report this Jan. 15 2009, 11:26 pm

Booked my air and hotel..yippee....needed something to cheer me up in the deep freeze....

vgrbabe

Report this Jan. 16 2009, 8:00 am

not going this year :(

juise15

Report this Jan. 16 2009, 8:23 am

Well with the economy its making people not want to spend 700 for a ticket. ¿And if I went this year I would be going by myself, and since I have to drive that equals impossibility.

Probably just going to DragonCon instead. ¿I could still change my mind.

vgrbabe

Report this Jan. 16 2009, 8:32 am

yeah, money is realy tight, and especialy with the other convention just a few days before this one

juise15

Report this Jan. 17 2009, 11:26 pm

They need to drop the prices of their tickets a lot

vgrbabe

Report this Jan. 18 2009, 1:35 pm

Quote (juise15 @ Jan. 17 2009, 11:26 pm)
They need to drop the prices of their tickets a lot

yeah :(

but I understand that it costs a lot of money to get each actor there and they have to make some money themselves.

Harrald

Report this Jan. 18 2009, 2:34 pm

A short 6 months ago I would have dropped the 300 and change each for my wife and myself. Now there's no chance I would think of spending that much for a gold package ticket. The economy is in the toilet. Everyone is looking to save a few bucks. The $1000 or so it would have cost me for 3 days is going to stay right where it is. Maybe we'll just go to the NJ con for a day.

MattJC

Report this Jan. 18 2009, 3:04 pm

I've already gotten my gold tickets and my hotel reservations.
I'll probably make my plane tickets reserved next weekend after I get paid.

Targallian

Report this Jan. 20 2009, 8:10 am

My wife and I are tentatively planning to go, assuming there are a lot of guests there we haven't seen before. If we've already seen everyone recently, we may take a year off.

As I told Vgrbabe recently, we did Gold tickets in 2007, and last year, I didn't think I know that my schedule would allow me to go until just a few weeks before the con. We just got General Admission tickets ($149 each) and actually ended up having more fun than we did with the Gold. We'll probably go that route again this year.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Jan. 20 2009, 12:02 pm

Quote (Targallian @ Jan. 20 2009, 5:10 am)

Gen Admission Tickets were only 40 each at the door in 2007.

Targallian

Report this Jan. 20 2009, 2:02 pm

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Jan. 20 2009, 11:02 am)
Quote (Targallian @ Jan. 20 2009, 5:10 am)

Gen Admission Tickets were only 40 each at the door in 2007.

Yeah, that's $40 per day. The $149 covers all 4 (or last year 5) days. That one general admission for the whole con, not per day.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Jan. 20 2009, 9:26 pm

Quote (Targallian @ Jan. 20 2009, 11:02 am)
Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter @ Jan. 20 2009, 11:02 am)
Quote (Targallian @ Jan. 20 2009, 5:10 am)

Gen Admission Tickets were only 40 each at the door in 2007.

Ahhhhh... OK Cool!

juliansgirl7

Report this Jan. 20 2009, 10:32 pm

I remember back in the 80's(and early 90's) when gem adm tickets were around $15

Users browsing this forum: DS9TREK