USS Hestia NCC-1307

Superleben

Report this Oct. 27 2008, 3:45 pm

I'm trying to start a RPG/SIMM and currently I'm in need of members who can fill in vital positions.

USS Hestia, Celestial class starship

Facts:
The year is: 2581

Storyline:
The war with the dominion ended, the Federation rebuilt their strength and glory from the pieces that still were intact. An alliance with the Klingon was formed, a non-aggression pact was formed and signed with the Romulans. And the Cardassians remained to be as how they always have been; violent and cruel.

Everything seemed to back to normal, and for many decades peace had come back to the Alpha Quadrant. Science went forward, improvements were added to daily life and new vessels saw the daylight for the first time. Everything was just fine until the true year of hell begun.

The borg was back, and they were strong. But the Alpha Quadrant understood the threat and took it serious, therefore, for the first time in the Quadrant¿s history, an alliance between the Klingon Empire, Romulan Empire, Cardassian Union and the Federation was formed. A common fleet was built consisting of thousands of ships working towards a common goal; to defend the quadrant from the borg threat.

In the beginning they were successful. The borg vessels were easily defeated by the massive fleet the allied parties had to their disposal. But the borg had resources, and they could build more ships; fast. The allies couldn¿t maintain the production speed of new ships, so they brought back old ship classes. The old classes were improved and equipped with latest technology, but this was in the not enough to defeat the borg threat.

One by one the fleet got smaller, one by one outer planets started to fall to the borg dominion. But when the Romulan homeworld was destroyed, the alliance went down with the planet. The Cardassians sealed of their boarders, hoping to protect them against the borg. The klingons did the same. The Federation didn¿t want to abandon those we were without protection, but in the end they were. The USS Celestial and USS Enterprise-J were completely destroyed to protect the latest advancements in the engineering sector. Knowledge concerning the new hull type, weapons, defences and propulsion were deleted to make sure that the borg wouldn¿t get stronger. The scientific knowledge that was essential was moved to the Federational outpost in the Beta Quadrant, where the Celestial class ship USS Hestia was built.
The Federation was hoping to rebuild their forces in the Beta Quadrant, but the time ran out. And in the end the Federation was defeated, and all that remained was the outpost in the Beta Quadrant, the USS Hestia and some older ship types. And the Alpha Quadrant had become a desolated place.

Interested? Please check it out!
USS Hestia

Hestia

Report this Oct. 27 2008, 9:51 pm

You little rascal.

Lucifer_

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 12:33 pm

Supreme Fleet Captain?

Angel_of_Shadows

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 12:57 pm

Okay! Let's start with your rank...Supreme Fleet Captain? Are you serious? First of all, Fleet Captain isn't even a real rank, and there's no such thing as a Supreme Fleet Captain. A "Fleet Captain" is a Captain placed in charge of a small "fleet". They wear a token fifth pip as a visual reminder.

Next topic. Registry number. It's too low. By the 26th Century, they'd be six or seven digit numbers with the possible exception of Enterprise (if they keep rebuilding her) still having the NCC-1701-(enter letter here) designation.

Next...your storyline has you defeating the Borg way too easily. One cube destroyed an entire task force defending Earth, and it was only destroyed because Picard knew where to fire. Also, when the Borg rallied again, they rebuilt too fast. Even the Borg couldn't mass a fleet that quickly. There's not enough raw material in any one place to do so.

The Federation would never retreat to the Beta Quadrant either. They'd stay and fight until they were annihilated. Besides. The Borg would just follow them. Earth is very close to the Beta Quadrant border (Hello! Sector 001! ), and Romulus is in the Beta Quadrant, not the Alpha Quadrant.

Let's move on to your rules, but only a couple of them.

Spam is not tolerated. Anyone posting unsolicited advertisements on this forum will be instantly banned.

Yet you posted your advertisement on a site that you are not a member of. (I happen to be an admin on Star Trek Revelations, where you posted an "unsolicited ad".)

If you strongly disagree with our forum's policies, either keep it to yourself or leave. This is our game, these are our rules, and if you don't like it, there are plenty of other simms out there. If you insist on staying and ranting about how you much you object to our rules, we will make you leave.

Have fun keeping members then. Your rules are too restrictive.

Onto the specs!

Three advanced Celestial cores feeding to warp nacelles; two transwarp drives; One Inter-galactic drive; four subatomic unified zero point impulse engines.

No such thing as "Celestial" cores, you can't have two transwarp drives on one ship, and there's no intergalactic travel because of the Galactic Barier. And WTF is subatomic zero point? Impossible.

Auto modulated chronophasic shield generator

More time warping?

In short, your ship is impossible.

Have fun.

Mr_Rixx

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:07 pm

Quote (Angel_of_Shadows @ Oct. 28 2008, 12:57 pm)

Yet you posted your advertisement on a site that you are not a member of. (I happen to be an admin on Star Trek Resurgance, where you posted an "unsolicited ad".)

I have seen ads for this ship on two forums I belong to. Talk about spamming, there are probably hundreds of ads out there by now. I deleted one (ahh the privileges of being a global moderator) and the other isn't my responsibility.

Supreme fleet captain?

If you're going to make a god-modded ship, atleast have a proper rank like admiral. Or atleast coordinate your rank image with your actual rank.

Angel_of_Shadows

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:11 pm

I forgot a part.

The quantum singularity torpedoes are impossible, and polaron weapons are illegal in the Federation.

Mr_Rixx

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:12 pm

And then there's the spelling mistakes. 'Du' instead of 'do'.

All in favour of placing adverts for our own ships on the USS Hestia?

Angel_of_Shadows

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:17 pm

I'd rather not advertise my starbase where I'll get godmoders. Hence, I don't advertise on ST.com. (Not saying everyone here godmodes, but I learned not to advertise here.)

Mr_Rixx

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:20 pm

Oh yeah. Didn't think of that..

CaptJaimieKirk

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:30 pm

I'm the CO of Star Trek Revelations, and I never advertise on a site I'm not a member of, and where I dont have permission to advertise. ¿If you've seen advertisements for my site there, I have permission...I'm a member and I posted in the advertising forum. ¿And if it was unauthorized advertisements, I didn't put it up, people do take matters into their own hands at times. ¿

As for the ship this is advertising, I already have given the CO my opinion of her site and her unsolicited advertising. ¿ I don't think I need to say anything further.  And Angel..it's Revelations..lol, not Resurgance

Mr_Rixx

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:33 pm

Ahh the supreme fleet captain appears to have posted a retort in the c-box on her esteemed ship...

Angel_of_Shadows

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:36 pm

I fixed it, Jaimie. :p

CaptJaimieKirk

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 1:48 pm

lol

Lucifer_

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 5:38 pm

Superleben, you're using forum rules from the USS Chenonceau or the Galactica, one of the two. Who did you get permission from to use a document I authored?

Lucifer_

Report this Oct. 28 2008, 5:59 pm

Just saw the chatlog, and you borrowed someone's bio template also. You're a plagarist.