Merchandise at Star Trek: The Experience

AlexM

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 12:30 am

Hi Everyone,

I was planning to go to the US just to see The Experience one last time, and intended to spend a large amount on memorabilia. However, Im now pretty disheartened as I've heard all kinds of things from people around Vegas who have said most of the merchandise is gone ?- including romulan ale/bloodwine etc., Im really concerned - once it goes on Sep 1st, where will we be able to get all these great things?

It just seems inconcievable to me, that things uniquely available to Star Trek The Experience would be unavailable anywhere else once its shut down, considering the many distribution channels available. Its not as though the promenade stores are an outlet that sells the same things, but many items are unique.

My question is could anyone suggest where else one could order such things? If nothing else, what of the remaining stock they have once it closes?

Mainly, Im interested in:

-NCC-1701D Starship Registration Plaque (copper)
-Beverages as stated above
-Clothing
-Die-cast models/busts
-Crockery
-Memorabilia related to ST:TNG/DS9 (particularly if unique to the Expeience)

Also, I've read many of the set designs and hanging art will be destroyed. If we contact Ceder Parks directly, will they make them available to collectors and fans for purchase?

Thanks,
Alex

trekker670

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 12:38 am

I'd say that if the product was not limited to just STTE you should be able to find it (probably online), otherwise we're out of luck (at least for a while)

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 8:03 am

Quote (AlexM @ Aug. 27 2008, 12:30 am)
Hi Everyone,

Mainly, Im interested in:

-NCC-1701D Starship Registration Plaque (copper)
-Beverages as stated above
-Clothing
-Die-cast models/busts
-Crockery
-Memorabilia related to ST:TNG/DS9 (particularly if unique to the Expeience)

Thanks,
Alex

I would go to the experience website and see if they still have it there.

Does that mean my case of romulan ale and my bottle of blood wine are collectibles now?

AlexM

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 11:54 am

Thanks for your replies and yoru optimism therein trekker670 and vgrbabe!

The online store has been rapidly depleting its inventory - and it does not stock all (or perhaps even most) of the stuff available at the Promenade. Case in point would be the Romulan Ale, and jumpsuits/jackets, which I picked up while there last time.

What Im really looking for is a replica of the Enterprise-D of similar quality and size to those available at the Promenade (16 inches or larger), or even those hanging off the ceiling if the quality could match.

There's apparently a replica of the TOS Enterprise going for about $1200 on the Web, but cant find anything similar for the Enteprise-D.

Thanks.

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 12:03 pm

Quote (AlexM @ Aug. 27 2008, 11:54 am)
Thanks for your replies and yoru optimism therein trekker670 and vgrbabe!

Thanks.

I was there for the covention and the store didn't have nearly as much as it did when I was there two years ago.

trekker670

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 12:24 pm

Since June (possibly before) they have not ordered any additional merchandise, so whatever was available at on site and in the warehouse was all they had for both in-store and online purchases. I've also heard that they've wholesaled some of their stuff to various online retailers (mainly shirts and small collectibles).

I dont recall any company making a 16" model of the Enterprise-D, but there is one of the Enterprise-E (the same company is releasing an E-D the end of this year). Could THIS be the ship you're thinking of?

As for the one's on the ceiling, I doubt there will ever be replicas created at that size because of the cost of doing so and the difficulty of delivering it to the customer.

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 1:13 pm

Quote (trekker670 @ Aug. 27 2008, 12:24 pm)

they still had those ships when I was there. But no promises on what's left, they're probably cleaned out by now

AlexM

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 1:42 pm

Quote (trekker670 @ Aug. 27 2008, 12:24 pm)

Thanks for your link - I might be wrong but it seems thats more like a toy though. What Im after is more of a display collectible, akin to what the 'Corgi' brand distributes, pewter or die-cast.

I imagined the really large ones would cost upwards of 1,000, and ofcourse shipping would be expensive, but I thought some of the deep-pocketed and most diehard fans would have ordered such replicas in the past, but I can't even find one online. I guess that means unless one is considering modeling kits (which go upto 18" I think), the largest collectible replicas are about 10"?

This is turning out to be a bad day, first nowhere to source bloodwine or romulan ale from, and now I can't get a large(ish)replica starship! ¿
I need a replicator...NOW!

CaptainLyraRose

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 4:41 pm

From my understanding, anything that is copyrighted by Paramount is to be destroyed. This excludes items from the museum, which were on loan and will return to Paramount. There are, at present, no plans for an auction or making items available for purchase. This info comes from various employees.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 5:11 pm

Quote (AlexM @ Aug. 26 2008, 9:30 pm)
Mainly, Im interested in:

-NCC-1701D Starship Registration Plaque (copper)
-Beverages as stated above
-Clothing
-Die-cast models/busts
-Crockery
-Memorabilia related to ST:TNG/DS9 (particularly if unique to the Expeience)

Well with the exception of the last one I would recommend

roddenbery.com they have dedication plaques (which STTE hasnt carried in quite some time). They also have some VERY cool TOS t-shirts that look like the uniform tops

Amazon or E-Bay for beverages, maybe some of the STTE clothing.

Die cast and head busts if you know who makes them (such as Art Ayslum) jus check the companies web page.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Aug. 27 2008, 5:15 pm

Quote (AlexM @ Aug. 27 2008, 10:42 am)
Quote (trekker670 @ Aug. 27 2008, 12:24 pm)

This is turning out to be a bad day, first nowhere to source bloodwine or romulan ale from, and now I can't get a large(ish)replica starship! ?
I need a replicator...NOW!

I actually have the ship you reffer to as a "toy". I would say its probably the best collectable of the ENT-E and is of excellent quality.

Just so you know the quality on the corgi line is rather disappointing in all honesty.

juise15

Report this Aug. 28 2008, 1:16 am

I wonder if they are going to sell anything from the Experience itself.

AdmiralJoelschooler

Report this Aug. 28 2008, 1:53 am

sorry the dedication plaque was bought by nasa and sent to Mars i hear

KosherCoder

Report this Aug. 28 2008, 6:35 am

Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 27 2008, 4:16 am)
I wonder if they are going to sell anything from the Experience itself.

They've said many times through several different sources that everything is being mothballed. Not sold. Hopefully, in anticipation of recreating it somewhere in the future.

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 28 2008, 8:10 am

Quote (KosherCoder @ Aug. 28 2008, 6:35 am)
Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 27 2008, 4:16 am)
I wonder if they are going to sell anything from the Experience itself.

there were many people in Vegas at the convention saying that they were shopping it around to other hotels on the strip