So what's going to happen to the Experience

juise15

Report this Aug. 13 2008, 12:48 pm

September 1st is rapidly approaching, which sucks, and all of us are wondering what is going to happen.  From what I gathered from my sources, all CBS owned props and such will be returned.  The ships hanging from the ceiling will not meed their doom, but be sent elsewhere.

Now, what I also found out is that Michael Jackson will replace the Experience for what will become "the Michael Jackson Experience".

I sure wish that Paramount would have released the videos from inside the rides (Klingon and Borg).  I know a couple of Klingon videos are on youtube, but too bad there aren't anymore.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Aug. 13 2008, 1:55 pm

Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 13 2008, 9:48 am)

The Michael Jackson Experience???  They sure know how to TURN away parents with kids under the age of 14.

Go figure!

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 13 2008, 1:59 pm

Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 13 2008, 12:48 pm)
September 1st is rapidly approaching, which sucks, and all of us are wondering what is going to happen. ¿From what I gathered from my sources, all CBS owned props and such will be returned. ¿The ships hanging from the ceiling will not meed their doom, but be sent elsewhere.

I sure wish that Paramount would have released the videos from inside the rides (Klingon and Borg). ¿I know a couple of Klingon videos are on youtube, but too bad there aren't anymore.

I have heard from several sources that the owners of the experience are trying to get it into another hotel, one actualy on the strip

Biggshow

Report this Aug. 13 2008, 2:48 pm

I have a hunch that a more scaled down version will find a home soon, especially if the new movie does well.  I'm also guessing it will be a lot more TOS intensive than the current version (although I would like to see Quark's continue as the bar theme).

Many of us over the weekend were speculating that Planet Hollywood seems like a good fit.

We'll see.

LauraJ

Report this Aug. 14 2008, 8:12 pm

I just found out today that the Experience and Quarks is going bye bye.  This hurt me and really upset my husband.  He said he sees no reason now to attend one in Vegas.  That was the whole point.  The hotel felt like Star Trek and going to Quarks and having a "James T. Kirk" was part of the experience of attending the convention.  Isn't that the whole reason why they have them in the LV Hilton?  Will they move it to another hotel?  It just won't be the same.

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 15 2008, 8:15 am

Quote (LauraJ @ Aug. 14 2008, 8:12 pm)
I just found out today that the Experience and Quarks is going bye bye. ¿This hurt me and really upset my husband. ¿He said he sees no reason now to attend one in Vegas. ¿That was the whole point. ¿The hotel felt like Star Trek and going to Quarks and having a "James T. Kirk" was part of the experience of attending the convention. ¿Isn't that the whole reason why they have them in the LV Hilton? ¿Will they move it to another hotel? ¿It just won't be the same.

The convention in Vegas is not the only one that they do. They do others around the country and they are all great. Just because the experience isn't there doesn't mean the convention sucks

LauraJ

Report this Aug. 15 2008, 9:28 am

Quote (vgrbabe @ Aug. 15 2008, 8:15 am)
Quote (LauraJ @ Aug. 14 2008, 8:12 pm)
I just found out today that the Experience and Quarks is going bye bye. ?This hurt me and really upset my husband. ?He said he sees no reason now to attend one in Vegas. ?That was the whole point. ?The hotel felt like Star Trek and going to Quarks and having a "James T. Kirk" was part of the experience of attending the convention. ?Isn't that the whole reason why they have them in the LV Hilton? ?Will they move it to another hotel? ?It just won't be the same.

Yes I know they have them in other places.  I was wondering if they have it at all in Vegas will it be in the Hilton? I don't really care that much about The Experience as I do about Quarks. It was a fitting place for the convention goers to hang out together which made the Vegas one stand out among all the others.

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 15 2008, 9:38 am

Quote (LauraJ @ Aug. 15 2008, 9:28 am)
Quote (vgrbabe @ Aug. 15 2008, 8:15 am)
Quote (LauraJ @ Aug. 14 2008, 8:12 pm)

Yes I know they have them in other places. ¿I was wondering if they have it at all in Vegas will it be in the Hilton? I don't really care that much about The Experience as I do about Quarks. It was a fitting place for the convention goers to hang out together which made the Vegas one stand out among all the others.

at least for next year they are still doing the con at the Hilton. It's a good thing too, it's a lot cheaper than the other hotels on the strip

LauraJ

Report this Aug. 15 2008, 10:02 am

Quote (vgrbabe @ Aug. 15 2008, 9:38 am)
Quote (LauraJ @ Aug. 15 2008, 9:28 am)
Quote (vgrbabe @ Aug. 15 2008, 8:15 am)
Quote (LauraJ @ Aug. 14 2008, 8:12 pm)

Yes I know they have them in other places. ?I was wondering if they have it at all in Vegas will it be in the Hilton? I don't really care that much about The Experience as I do about Quarks. It was a fitting place for the convention goers to hang out together which made the Vegas one stand out among all the others.

That is true.  :laugh:

closettrekkie808

Report this Aug. 15 2008, 2:13 pm

I will be in Las Vegas the last week in August and if anyone wants to join me in paying tribute to the Experience at Quarks, I will be there almost every day til it closes.  Hopefully I won't indulge too much on the Warp Core Breaches.  Just bring your own kleenex or crying towel.

samuel703

Report this Aug. 15 2008, 4:54 pm

Quote (vgrbabe @ Aug. 15 2008, 8:15 am)
Quote (LauraJ @ Aug. 14 2008, 8:12 pm)

Maybe not, but it was one helluva pull to attend.  I have to agree, without the experience, I am much more likely to attend conventions far closer to home.  LV had everything.  Now they only have somethings...  Will miss ST Experience, the place was home...

LauraJ

Report this Aug. 15 2008, 9:13 pm

I wrote to creation yesterday and they replied very quickly. ¿I was asking if the convention will be held further still at the Hilton now that the attraction and the bar will be gone. ¿Here is what Gary Berman said:

Thank you for writing.
I seriously doubt there will be a Michael Jackson attraction at the
Hilton.
We are running there again next year, mainly because the hotel rooms
are priced fairly and the facilities are affordable for us.
We hope to recreate Quark's on our own with help from the studio as we
know hanging out there is a big part of the overall convention.
Best,
Gary

Well I feel a little better. ¿I have more questions for him but I don't want to be a pain.

juise15

Report this Aug. 16 2008, 11:17 am

Download the menu from Quark's before they take it down... Quark's

Ed3091

Report this Aug. 16 2008, 9:43 pm

Wife and I will be there for the last three nights.  I will make the mid-west proud.  Warp Core Breach melt-down.   Three day liquid diet.   See you all there.

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 16 2008, 11:12 pm

Quote (LauraJ @ Aug. 15 2008, 9:13 pm)
I wrote to creation yesterday and they replied very quickly. ?I was asking if the convention will be held further still at the Hilton now that the attraction and the bar will be gone. ?Here is what Gary Berman said:

Thank you for writing.
I seriously doubt there will be a Michael Jackson attraction at the
Hilton.
We are running there again next year, mainly because the hotel rooms
are priced fairly and the facilities are affordable for us.
We hope to recreate Quark's on our own with help from the studio as we
know hanging out there is a big part of the overall convention.
Best,
Gary

Well I feel a little better. ?I have more questions for him but I don't want to be a pain.

knowing Creation it will cost $199 to get in :laugh:

Users browsing this forum: darmokattanagra