Voyager DVDs

NCLPN_Parker

Report this Apr. 10 2008, 9:21 am

Just wanted to throw this out there for all the folks drooling over the DVDs like I have been.

So I thought I had a good deal when I ordered seasons 1 and 2 from best buy.  I had checked the sites a month or so back and thought they were the folks w/ the best rep and cheapest price.   Got online this morning to order season 3,4,and 5. (they didn't have 6 and was waiting before I kicked out more money to get the last two)  For 3-5 it was going to be $260.  100 for 3 and 4, $60 for 5.  So I thought I'd check the price for season 6 on St.com and amazon.

Jaw hit the floor when I found all season for $35 a pop at amazon!

So here's where I'm sweating.  A) making sure those folks at BB.com return the money to my credit card.

B)  The last time I ordered a DVD from amazon it arrived so scratched not a single second would play.

Send some good ST vibes my way ya'll!  I'm praying this move doesn't end up hurting in the long run.  And those wanting but not wanting to pay that outrageous price... 35 at amazon!!!!

I'm starting to wonder if I should've just kicked out the extra dough though.   maybe just picked up season 6 at the cheap price.

Anyone else had a bad DVD experience at Amazon!?

vgrbabe

Report this Apr. 10 2008, 9:36 am

Quote (NCLPN_Parker @ April 10 2008, 9:21 am)

So I thought I had a good deal when I ordered seasons 1 and 2 from best buy. ¿I had checked the sites a month or so back and thought they were the folks w/ the best rep and cheapest price. ¿ Got online this morning to order season 3,4,and 5. (they didn't have 6 and was waiting before I kicked out more money to get the last two) ¿For 3-5 it was going to be $260. ¿100 for 3 and 4, $60 for 5. ¿So I thought I'd check the price for season 6 on St.com and amazon. ¿

Jaw hit the floor when I found all season for $35 a pop at amazon!

So here's where I'm sweating. ¿A) making sure those folks at BB.com return the money to my credit card.

B) ¿The last time I ordered a DVD from amazon it arrived so scratched not a single second would play.

Send some good ST vibes my way ya'll! ¿I'm praying this move doesn't end up hurting in the long run. ¿And those wanting but not wanting to pay that outrageous price... 35 at amazon!!!!

I'm starting to wonder if I should've just kicked out the extra dough though. ¿ maybe just picked up season 6 at the cheap price.

Anyone else had a bad DVD experience at Amazon!?

Amazon's new stuff is great. The used stuff depends on the person selling it. It's not Amazon's fault if the dvds are scratched.

But for that price are you sure you're getting the real dvds and not bootlegs?

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Apr. 10 2008, 10:25 am

Voyager DVD's Good price

BekkCase

Report this Apr. 10 2008, 10:28 am

Got all of mine on ebay for 75quid, japanese version but just as good :cool:

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Apr. 10 2008, 10:35 am

Quote (BekkCase @ April 10 2008, 10:28 am)
Got all of mine on ebay for 75quid, japanese version but just as good :cool:

You speak Japanese :question:

BekkCase

Report this Apr. 10 2008, 10:52 am

They are all in english, the packaging is japanese!

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Apr. 10 2008, 11:00 am

Quote (BekkCase @ April 10 2008, 10:52 am)
They are all in english, the packaging is japanese!

Oh :laugh:

mcurield

Report this Apr. 10 2008, 10:16 pm

send them all back and just wait for the blue-ray release

NCLPN_Parker

Report this Apr. 12 2008, 9:38 pm

I really doubt they'd release voyager on DVD.   I think it was the least watched series sans Enterprise (not to take sides, I love both of them.  ratings wise is a diff story) But nah, these lil puppies are sold by amazon.  Not the used section, the actual retailer.  I think right now they are running all their scifi DVDs %50 off.   The DVD I ordered that wouldnt play was also a new copy from them too though.   The plastic tab that held the DVD in place had broke so it slid around during transport.  I've still got my fingers cross.

KentButabi

Report this Apr. 16 2008, 8:25 pm

I can't make up my mind whether or not to take advantage of AMAZON's pricing. On one hand, these are probably the cheapest they'll be for a while. On the other hand, with Blu-Ray around the corner, I don't want to double-dip.

Thoughts and/or insight?

Josh_Lyman

Report this Apr. 17 2008, 8:50 pm

Quote (NCLPN_Parker @ April 09 2008, 10:21 am)
Anyone else had a bad DVD experience at Amazon!?

Once, I bought TNG seasons 1-7 on via Amazon Marketplace. The seller never shipped them and Amazon refunded my money. I never had a problem with anything new that I bought on Amazon.

Optimus_lion

Report this Apr. 17 2008, 9:17 pm

Quote (BekkCase @ April 10 2008, 7:28 am)
Got all of mine on ebay for 75quid, japanese version but just as good :cool:

Thats all well and good, but if the dvd's are not within the dvd player "region", well, they're no good.

The VOY dvd bootlegs from korea, or china or wherever have a problem not being region 1, which happens to be USA region.

But I'm glad it worked for you bekK.
:cool:

_Roadhog_

Report this Apr. 18 2008, 3:22 pm

I'd wait...
all 7 legit seasons should be released as a package sometime soon, I would think... just like how TNG was released just a couple months ago.

X24

Report this Apr. 19 2008, 5:05 am

Quote (_Roadhog_ @ April 19 2008, 3:22 am)
I'd wait...

Actually, they are available in a package. It's on Amazon.com and I always see it at Costco.

Legate_James_T_Shatner

Report this Apr. 20 2008, 4:21 am

Let me say I recently took advantage of the Amazon offer. I now have my Star Trek DVD collection complete! It's been a fun 4 years...

There was some slight damage to my season 3. The plastic case was cracked in the front. Amazon was unable to replace it. Luckily, the disc is just fine, and the crack does not go down that far. I decided I can live with it.

The other 4 Voyager ones I ordered were received in mint condition. Absolutely perfect!

So was it worth $177 for 5 boxed sets, one being cracked? Hell yes!

Everyone must take advantage! I highly recommend it!

-JTS