A Question About The TNG Relaunch

DeltaQuadrantCrew

Report this Mar. 30 2008, 6:12 pm

I was wondering if it's necessary to read "Death In Winter" to kick off the TNG Relaunch.

I'm not a great romance fan and it doesn't seem to be as connected to the novels that follow it, other than the fact that it sets up the Picard/Crusher relationship.

Is it necessary or a good read, or shall I go straight onto "Resistance"?

Thanks!

krad

Report this Mar. 30 2008, 11:35 pm

There is considerably more to Death in Winter than romance, but you can jump straight to Resistance without a problem, sure.

EmeraldWarrior

Report this Mar. 31 2008, 3:29 am

I never read "Death in Winter", and I really enjoyed "Resistance". So you really don't have to read it 1st. But that's not to say "Death in Winter" was bad, I don't have an opinion on the book either way.

-Nate-

_Roadhog_

Report this Mar. 31 2008, 7:33 pm

Quote (DeltaQuadrantCrew @ Mar. 30 2008, 10:12 pm)

Is it necessary or a good read, or shall I go straight onto "Resistance"?

Thanks!

I've read Death in Winter, and I don't consider it a romance novel.

Frankly, I'm not a big fan of Michael Jan Friedman's works, but this was an exception - it was a great book.

I'd recommend you read it before continuing on to Resistance, but like krad said, it's not necessary.

DeltaQuadrantCrew

Report this Apr. 01 2008, 4:54 pm

It seems I've been misled about the book, then :bugout: In which case, I'll definitely pick it up.

PikeFan

Report this Apr. 05 2008, 6:56 pm

On of my favorite writers in all of the Trek universe is Kieth R.A. DeCan####, his novels are the best for "historic" acuracy. Q&A is the best "New" Next Gen yet!

PikeFan

Report this Apr. 05 2008, 6:57 pm

Why can't I say DeCan#### without being edited?

PikeFan

Report this Apr. 05 2008, 6:58 pm

d i d o is not a dirty word... I'm confused can someone explain

_Roadhog_

Report this Apr. 05 2008, 6:59 pm

Quote (PikeFan @ April 05 2008, 10:58 pm)
d i d o is not a dirty word... I'm confused can someone explain

Ask Keith...  :laugh:

PikeFan

Report this Apr. 05 2008, 7:01 pm

Quote (_Roadhog_ @ April 04 2008, 7:59 pm)
Quote (PikeFan @ April 05 2008, 10:58 pm)
d i d o is not a dirty word... I'm confused can someone explain

Ask Keith... ¿:laugh:

He's here. :blushes: I'm in the presence of a great writer.. wow.

DeltaQuadrantCrew

Report this Apr. 06 2008, 12:45 pm

I caved and picked up "Resistance" instead of "Death In Winter".

I'm really, really enjoying it. I only got it yesterday and I'm almost finished - I can't put it down, and "Q&A" looks to be just as entertaining :bored:

domo_arigato

Report this Apr. 06 2008, 12:57 pm

Q&A will blow your socks off.

_Roadhog_

Report this Apr. 06 2008, 3:13 pm

Quote (domo_arigato @ April 06 2008, 4:57 pm)
Q&A will blow your socks off.

which is exactly why it's up for, and deserving of, an award!!

DeltaQuadrantCrew

Report this Apr. 08 2008, 9:27 am

I finished "Resistance" last night. It was fantastic! I really enjoyed it, although I was disappointed that Sara Nave took the fall. I hope we see more of Sandra Chao in later novels; it'll be interesting to see how the only non-senior officer to survive the mission would cope with the fallout.

I still really like T'Lana, and I think she's a fantastic addition to the crew. The Picard/Worf dynamic was spot-on, and I like the fact that Beverley played a large role. I'm also glad that they got rid of B-4, though I admit that I did miss Data's presence throughout the story (even though I prefer Worf as a character and an XO).

NuclearWessels

Report this Apr. 08 2008, 10:19 am

Quote (PikeFan @ April 05 2008, 4:58 pm)
d i d o is not a dirty word... I'm confused can someone explain

someone must've mispelled the word 'dildo' when they were adding the words to filter out.

edit: see? Not filtered  :O  :laugh: