My new Star Trek book just popped up on Amazon.com

fieroshark

Report this Mar. 12 2008, 9:29 pm

As some of you may know I am authoring a new updated (finally) Star Trek Collectibles and Memorabilia book that is due to be released sometime this fall around Sept or Oct.
It will feature most of the collectibles produced over the years based on the original series, animated series (featuring the voices of the original series) and the first six movies - with some mention of Generations here and there.
Well, today I happened to be searching Amazon and decided to see what, if any, of the older Star Trek collectibles books they might still have listed.... and to my amazement my own book shows up in the search!

Sweet!!

I wonder when the publisher will have my cover finished so places like Amazon can update the listing with an actual cover shot.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool    :)

Sooo, has anyone here pre-ordered a copy of my book yet?  LOL

Steve

BekkCase

Report this Mar. 12 2008, 9:34 pm

Added to my wish list, im on 3 pages of just star trek books, and still have atleast 20 yet to read at home! :blush:

fieroshark

Report this Mar. 12 2008, 11:47 pm

This is a collectibles and memorabilia book as well as a price guide and reference book.
It will also make a great coffee table book, or a good bathroom reader LOL

BekkCase

Report this Mar. 13 2008, 12:46 am

Someone wants to get paid! :p

fieroshark

Report this Mar. 13 2008, 12:49 am

I want the book to be successful so the publisher will want me to do the next one:
Star Trek: The Next Generation Collectibles  :)

BekkCase

Report this Mar. 13 2008, 12:50 am

I was curious as to why it was just tos and tos films.

I take it your looking to do a full series, or are you just stopping at tos and tng?

fieroshark

Report this Mar. 13 2008, 1:12 am

I have been working on this book for well over two years now.
Sadly it went from originally being a book covering all the series and movies to date down to a book that focuses on just the original series, animated series and the first six and half movies. Basically a book that features the collectibles and memorabilia of anything based on or around the original cast.

The publisher pointed out that to attempt to do ONE pretty accurate book on ALL of the Trek stuff would be literally impossible and keep it from not being a 50 pound volume costing $100.

So we are doing the original series cast, TV series, animated and 6 1/2 movies first. If it does well we then move on to TNG and then DS9, Voyager etc

BekkCase

Report this Mar. 13 2008, 1:18 am

I look forward to seeing it!

Baratine

Report this Mar. 13 2008, 6:52 am

fieroshark

You should check in here more if possible to answer some of the people who want to know if their, what they believe is a really rare Trek item, is worth thousands of dollars.

I'll point your book out to my friend. He has stuff from the 70s and 80s he is selling on E-Bay to reduce the sheer unmanageable number if things he's collected over the years.

fieroshark

Report this Mar. 13 2008, 10:14 am

I have been on this board for awhile and have tried to find other "big" collectors (do a search and you will find my older threads) but it seems that most of the big collectors out there either are not on here or don't post about their stuff.

I have quite a few vintage stuff from the late 60's through the 70's including a few of the 60's Remco Astro toys, etc
Here is a link to a TV interview showing some of my stuff:

If someone has a question about a certain piece I would be more than happy to try and help  :)

fieroshark

Report this Mar. 23 2008, 9:05 pm

Just wanted to give you all an update:
The book cover design for my book has been approved and is now official.
The book cover features a spectacular Krause studio taken photo of my Franklin Mint 25th anniversary Enterprise orbiting a planet.

Steve

HoratioHornblower

Report this Mar. 25 2008, 8:18 am

Ive never been into collectibles but just wanted to say CONGRATS on being published Ursula! I hope your book does very well! :D

fieroshark

Report this Jul. 12 2008, 12:29 am

Hi everyone  :)
For those of you who have been wondering what I have been up to lately, I have been working very hard to get my book finished with many last minute details with the publisher and I am very happy to announce that the manuscript content and pictures are now finished and it is now on it's way to the printers. My family and I are all very excited.
I thought some of you here on StarTrek.com would like to be one of the first to see pics of a few of the actual final pages from my book.

fieroshark

Report this Jul. 12 2008, 12:31 am

Of course I can only show off a few of the final pages so hopefully these give you a good idea of what my book is going to look like when published and released in late September or mid October.

So let me know what you think and enjoy the special sneak peak :)

Steve

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jul. 12 2008, 1:36 am

:cool: Very nice tell us when it is out I will add your book to my collection.

I see Oct 2008 very good :D