2008 Christmas ornaments revealed

stngaddict

Report this Mar. 11 2008, 7:10 am

I saw the ornaments on http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthr...425#Post115425
just thumb through the dreambook pages, and you will see this years ornaments are the Reliant, it looks like a Trouble with Tribbles ornament, and TOS communicator. I am glad they are doing a different ship than the Enterprise! All 3 ornaments from the Original Series.

stngaddict

Report this Mar. 11 2008, 7:12 am

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Mar. 11 2008, 10:55 am

:cool: :cool:

fieroshark

Report this Mar. 12 2008, 9:24 pm

You will probably notice at least for awhile now where the TOS stuff will be the main focus. TOS was the first of course and currently has the most interest as far as collectibles, memorabilia go and comics and such.
My new collectibles book is pretty much strictly about the TOS & the first six and half movies of memorabilia and collectibles. This wasn't by my choice as I wanted to do it all, but because this is what the publisher wanted. Who was I to argue...too much LOL

The ornaments look great. That communicator looks especially sweet!
Of course the Reliant is from the second movie so wouldn't actually qualify it to be called an ornament from the original series, but Star Trek II was with the original cast from the original series, so I guess in a way ;)

TrekWriterKC

Report this Mar. 13 2008, 9:25 am

^ The Reliant is a nice counterpart to last year's "Wrath of Khan" ornament. :)

Hallmark's been sticking with TOS (and the TOS movies) the past few years, because they sell. The Uhura ornament from last year went like gangbusters, as did the transporter from the previous year. Expect the trend to continue (at least, according to my friend at Hallmark who's involved with this stuff).

stngaddict

Report this Mar. 15 2008, 4:40 pm

I haven't heard if there was going to be another weekend premiere ornament for star trek this year. has your friend heard anything? i didn't see anything mentioned on the dreambook page like there was last year about the uhura ornament

Sybok33

Report this Mar. 16 2008, 10:52 pm

I like the ST ones, but I love the Indiana Jones one the best!:cool:

spok93

Report this Mar. 29 2008, 3:16 pm

Quote (Sybok33 @ Mar. 16 2008, 7:52 pm)
I like the ST ones, but I love the Indiana Jones one the best!:cool:

You got a link for the Indiana Jones ones?

Fred2700

Report this Apr. 01 2008, 8:03 am

Quote (TrekWriterKC @ Mar. 13 2008, 4:25 pm)
^ The Reliant is a nice counterpart to last year's "Wrath of Khan" ornament. :)

I'm so glad these things sold well!!! It shows the fans are hungry for something different. I like star ships, but Hallmark takes it to the extreme! As women collect ornaments the most, we aren't so gunho on space hardware.

My friend gave me the Uhura ornament and I was so happy, because they don't do Trek women often. I hope in a few years they have a Deanna Troi or Dax Ornament! I know these would sell well because there are so few ornaments with women.

Aside from this, the new movie is coming out and the fans need something to celebrate the new film with. No ships please!!!

Users browsing this forum: Vicsage