First news bits on STAR TREK DESTINY

Captain_Storma

Report this Mar. 04 2008, 6:38 pm

The Borg return -- with a vengeance! Blitzkreig attacks by the single-minded aliens with their hive mentality and their mission to assimilate every intelligent being they encounter are leaving whole worlds aflame. No one knows how they are slipping past Starfleet's defences, so Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the Enterprise crew are detailed to find out -- and to put a stop to it if they can.

Meanwhile, thousands of light years away, Captain Will Riker and the crew of the Titan follow bizarre energy pulses to a mysterious, hidden world. There they find a figure out of legend: a Starfleet captain long thought dead. And at the same time, over in the Gamma Quadrant, newly promoted Captain Dax and her crew investigate the wreck of the Earth starship Columbia NX-02, missing in action for more than two centuries.

from trekweb.com

Now how cool sounds that? Even though I hated what happened to the Borg in Before Dishonor, I believe if there is one person to set things straight, it is Mr. Mack!

The whole setup sounds very promising. The rediscovered NX-02 has been already featured in the "Ships of the Line" book. Columbia found on a distant planet in the Gamma-Quadrant.. I always wanted to know more about this.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Mar. 04 2008, 8:42 pm

Very interesting indeed!

EmeraldWarrior

Report this Mar. 05 2008, 12:31 am

This sounds so awesome!!! We get the crew of The Titan, Picard's Enterprise, and The Borg! They also mentioned an NX-class Starship, so that would lead me to believe that this has something to do with Archer's Enterprise as well. With The Borg involved, you know Seven of Nine can't be far behind either. But best of all is the mention of the long-thought dead Starship Captain. Who else could it be? KIRK!!!! YES!!!! I can't wait! I hope they mention something about Janeway's death that tells us if she really is dead at all.

-Nate-

Captain_Storma

Report this Mar. 05 2008, 5:13 am

Quote (EmeraldWarrior @ Mar. 05 2008, 9:31 am)

-Nate-

I bet it is Archer!

Kirk has his own book series in the Shatnerverse...

_Roadhog_

Report this Mar. 07 2008, 3:46 pm

Quote (Captain_Storma @ Mar. 04 2008, 10:38 pm)

from trekweb.com

D. Mack: any comments?  this all 100% legit?

IanCrawford

Report this Mar. 07 2008, 7:42 pm

I like the sound of that. I have read the Borg TNG books, they are good reads! but i would be lying if i said i overly enjoyed them.

The part about Riker investigating the NX02 is what excites me most, im sick of Borg stories now...

_Roadhog_

Report this Mar. 07 2008, 7:48 pm

Quote (IanCrawford @ Mar. 07 2008, 11:42 pm)

the way I read that synopsis, it's not Riker and the Titan who will be investigating the NX-02...

DaveMack

Report this Mar. 07 2008, 11:00 pm

Quote (_Roadhog_ @ Mar. 07 2008, 3:46 pm)
D. Mack: any comments?  this all 100% legit?

Yes and no. The description is a bit "puffed up" and hyperbolized, but some aspects of it are correct. I will simply reiterate what I have said on other boards: If Destiny were merely "another Borg story," I would not have agreed to spend more than a year of my life working on it. I've tried to make this into something truly worthwhile, and I hope that my readers will feel I have succeeded.

EmeraldWarrior

Report this Mar. 08 2008, 2:21 am

Quote (Captain_Storma @ Mar. 05 2008, 2:13 am)

I bet it is Archer!

Kirk has his own book series in the Shatnerverse...

Aw man...thanks for bursting my bubble. It'll probably still be cool with Archer, it's just that Archer's not Kirk.

And you're probably right Roadhog, I usually do miss details like that just cause I'm so excited as I read the news. But does that mean that Riker's heading back to The Enterprise? We saw that Worf ended up back there, and he's returned in every movie. So, that kinda leads me to belive the same might be happening to Riker now. But I don't know how well the Titan Books are doing, I haven't read any of them yet. I plan to, but I'm reading some other non-ST Sci-Fi at the moment (Eon by Greg Bear).

-Nate-

IanCrawford

Report this Mar. 08 2008, 8:17 am

Quote (_Roadhog_ @ Mar. 08 2008, 12:48 am)
Quote (IanCrawford @ Mar. 07 2008, 11:42 pm)

thanks for pointing that out, i have it now! mis read first time round, the NX still sounds like a coo lstory even with Capt Dax...

domo_arigato

Report this Mar. 08 2008, 1:38 pm

Quote (EmeraldWarrior @ Mar. 08 2008, 2:21 am)

-Nate-

:question: why would he? He has a command of his own, why would he accept a demotion? Unless he found a way to really screw up, I highly doubt that he would.

_Roadhog_

Report this Apr. 22 2008, 5:57 pm

Quote (domo_arigato @ Mar. 08 2008, 5:38 pm)
Quote (EmeraldWarrior @ Mar. 08 2008, 2:21 am)

-Nate-

Actually Emerald_Warrior, where are you getting this from that Riker would be heading back to the Enterprise?

As already stated, the Titan looks to have a prominent role in this trilogy.

NuclearWessels

Report this Apr. 23 2008, 9:56 am

I'm guessing the hidden world is Talos IV and they find Captain Pike?

_Roadhog_

Report this Apr. 23 2008, 6:19 pm

Quote (NuclearWessels @ April 23 2008, 1:56 pm)

I'm guessing the hidden world is Talos IV and they find Captain Pike?

good guess.
And I had forgotten that in Q&A: "Sometime prior to the year 2380, the classified nature of the Talosian species and the death penalty for visiting Talos IV were lifted by Starfleet. By this time, Starfleet had apparently developed scanning instruments that could detect the difference between reality and Talosian illusions." -- from Memory Beta

domo_arigato