Shatnerverse Mirror Trilogy

EmeraldWarrior

Report this Feb. 17 2008, 1:40 pm

I finally finished these 3 books right after reading The Return and The Spectre, their predecessors. I gotta say The Return, The Spectre, and especially Dark Victory ruled! They had me on the edge of my seat and flipping page after page. But after those great books, the last 2 just floundered. The Avenger seemed like nothing more than filler space between Dark Victory and The Preserver. And The Preserver was so over-ridden with conspiracies and overlapping storylines that it all got too confusing to keep up with. And it just got plain silly because of all the different layers to the conspiracy. I'm probably alone in my opinion here, though, so feel free to pelt me with tomatoes.

-Nate-

_Roadhog_

Report this Feb. 17 2008, 3:50 pm

Quote (EmeraldWarrior @ Feb. 17 2008, 5:40 pm)

-Nate-

Your enjoyment seems to have been tainted because it appears you read them out of order.

It goes:

The Ashes of Eden
The Return
Avenger
and then:
Spectre
Dark Victory
Preserver

EmeraldWarrior

Report this Feb. 17 2008, 5:37 pm

I did read them in order, I just messed the order all up in my post.

-Nate-

_Roadhog_

Report this Feb. 18 2008, 12:35 am

Quote (EmeraldWarrior @ Feb. 17 2008, 9:37 pm)
I did read them in order, I just messed the order all up in my post.

-Nate-

:question:
But you said I finally finished these 3 books right after reading The Return and The Spectre,... so you finished Avenger only after finishing Spectre?

AgentAlmeida

Report this Feb. 18 2008, 12:39 am

I absolutely love those books I still read them!!! Look at my quote. I consider them real

AgentAlmeida

Report this Feb. 18 2008, 12:42 am

I love chapter twenty-eight when Spock, McCoy, and Chekov go undercover to Prestor V to find out where Kirk went in the ENTERPRISE after he left. They get in a bar fight and the comedy is GOLDEN!!!  :laugh:   :laugh:   :cool:

AgentAlmeida

Report this Feb. 18 2008, 12:43 am

thats chapter 28 of The Ashes of Eden  ;)

AgentAlmeida

Report this Feb. 18 2008, 12:49 am

Yea you need to get ADMIN in this bia or somethin and get this post title retracted dude people are gonna get the wrong idea I already have enough probs defending these books as it is   lol

EmeraldWarrior

Report this Feb. 18 2008, 2:10 am

Okay, let me start over on this since I fouled it all up. I 1st read The Return, then The Avenger, followed by The Spectre, and then Dark Victory, and finally The Preserver. What I meant was I loved The Return & The Avenger. I also loved The Spectre, but Dark Victory seemed like filler space to me. And I felt like The Preserver got too convoluted with too many layers and conspiracies and it just got annoying to keep up with it all. I was just disappointed in the last 2 books I read (Dark Victory & The Preserver) when the 1st 3 I read (The Return, The Avenger, & The Spectre) were so great.

-Nate-

_Roadhog_

Report this Feb. 18 2008, 1:53 pm

Quote (EmeraldWarrior @ Feb. 18 2008, 6:10 am)

-Nate-

Agreed, Dark Victory was the first Reeves-Stevens title that did not blow me away.  Preserver was better though, as was Captain's Peril... but Captain's Blood is one of the worst Trek novels I have ever read.  It was awful.

PeregrineC

Report this Feb. 21 2008, 5:01 am

I actually just finished reading Avenger...

While I really very much enjoyed The Return, I thought Ashes of Eden and especially Avenger were disappointing. The second Triliogy, not so bad.

PeregrineC

Report this Feb. 21 2008, 5:02 am

And Captain's Peril was ok...Haven't read Captian's Blood yet.

_Roadhog_

Report this Feb. 21 2008, 10:27 pm

Quote (PeregrineC @ Feb. 21 2008, 9:02 am)
And Captain's Peril was ok...Haven't read Captian's Blood yet.

I'll reiterate my earlier statement:
...but Captain's Blood is one of the worst Trek novels I have ever read.  It was awful.

AgentAlmeida

Report this Feb. 21 2008, 10:41 pm

Quote (_Roadhog_ @ Feb. 21 2008, 10:27 pm)
Quote (PeregrineC @ Feb. 21 2008, 9:02 am)
And Captain's Peril was ok...Haven't read Captian's Blood yet.

I'll reiterate my earlier statement:
...but Captain's Blood is one of the worst Trek novels I have ever read. ¿It was awful.

Hey, I agree with you on that won. The Totality series was kinda wack.....WACK!!!!

The end of Captains Glory was ok.....it was nothin like Preservers end at all. They tried to make it as big, but it just wasnt as big.

the one that I was read the most time's would have to be Spectre

AgentAlmeida

Report this Feb. 21 2008, 10:55 pm

Quote (PeregrineC @ Feb. 21 2008, 5:01 am)
I actually just finished reading Avenger...

I thought Avenger was great!!!! I love the comedy between Spock and Kirk when they first meet at Gonthar District. I also really like the part in the beginning when Christine invites Kirk up to the Tobias. After she finished briefing Kirk while they were posted at the science station in the back of the bridge, When Kirk explains how the Virogen could have never arisen there by natural contamination processes, and a couple bridge crew members turn to look at Kirk........

If you have read the book, I'm sure you follow

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam