Official Fan Club

juise15

Report this Dec. 27 2007, 10:10 pm

I was thinking about something.   I read the recent topic concerning the decision by CBS to not have an official fan club.  I know it is upsetting for the folks who are trekkies by nature, so I began thinking.

Why don't some of us become involved in possibly creating a 'fan official' fan club.  Some of you may know of www.keepstartrekalive.com (which I own), I would be happy to expand that for the cause of trek.

I want to hear some of your comments and suggestions on the topic and see who has experience in web design.  I think this is something we are going to have to do ourselves to show CBS that fans are back and bigger than ever.

Star Trek is a multi million dollar business and a property that won't soon be going away; especially with a new movie on the way.

I'll open up the forum for discussion, thanks!

closettrekkie808

Report this Dec. 28 2007, 2:26 am

Juise15.....after seeing what Star Trek dot com has and its complexities, it sounds like a daunting task however I've seen what you've been able to come up with in a small amount of time and I think youre the right person for the job.  I would offer to help but my computer skills is quite limited but at least I'm motivated.  Good luck on your proposal.  I think it sounds great since the Star Trek dot com might be coming to an end.

KosherCoder

Report this Dec. 28 2007, 8:32 am

There are plenty of Trek sites and clubs already - some better than st.com. What the unaffiliated need to do is become involved and bolster the existing orgs.

Besides, if you're talking a true "fan club", they typically charge for membership. CBS would never allow it. You would have to make it a generic sci-fi thing.

closettrekkie808

Report this Dec. 29 2007, 12:18 am

Is there a website fan club better than Star Trek dot com?  If there is, please share the links with me.  I'm always up for becoming involved.

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Dec. 29 2007, 10:40 am

I will post link with that info later today.

shanikhar

Report this Jan. 02 2008, 12:20 am

:logical: Memory Alpha is an awesome resource as Star Trek.com has been - and still is if they don't pull it off the web.
Licensing is the big issue and as a Trekker who enjoys my creative crafts to make my own - this is what has kept Trek alive for forty years more than anything else. Personal;ly, "official" hardly means quality - you ever see the first Mego dolls? The Mugato is more human than bear and what in heck is a Neptunian which has no canon whatsoever!
Patience is a virtue but what can we do to get these guys their job back?
Pastor Allan :rookie:

kenny6

Report this Jan. 03 2008, 10:08 pm

CBS never did like star trek so why should they start now?, they should have started way back at the start of star trek in the 1960s.

try to fine a list of star trek clubs still here?

pheonix27

Report this Jan. 05 2008, 4:43 pm

I am a star trek fan in the UK. You are right there are no official clubs about not even here. I have a HND in computing so if you need some ideas I would be more than happy to oblige. As I always say you never know if it will work until you try.

juise15

Report this Jan. 06 2008, 1:49 am

I'm pretty much known for doing stuff against the grain so I have already began working on this project.  No details right now but hopefully this will be something By Fans For Fans

Lt.Marriott

Report this Nov. 04 2010, 2:56 pm

Have you tryed http://www.trekfederation.com/

CO_Fowler

Report this Nov. 06 2010, 6:26 pm

There used to be an 'Official Star Trek Fan Club". I'd always meant to join, but never got around to it and then it was too late. If I remember right it used to be based in Colorado (?)

That one talks about the fan club and it's magazine.

That one is from 2005

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

JaydenJaneway

Report this Nov. 21 2010, 5:49 pm

yeah, i use to be in that fan club when i was younger

captainharder

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 2:03 pm

Would LOVE to join the Starfleet Fan Club in Independence, MO. Anybody know how?!!

I am neither important enough to hold for ransom, nor radical enough to be considered dangerous. I am a simple public servant.