USS Enterprise G

scottie1789

Report this Dec. 20 2007, 4:18 pm

USS Enterprise 1701-G is set in Year 2420 in the fleet Junofleet. It
is the finest and the most powerful ship ever created in Starfleet
history. A Supreme Class vessel that is designed to be a full
battleship and geared not just for exploration but for defence. It
is the spearhead of Juno Fleet and Starfleet Command, being the
Flagship of the fleet.

Her current mission deep in Romulan Space has unearthed the discovery
of a superweapon developed by the Romulan/Cardassian Alliance. Being
this deep in the territory, the Enterprise has been caught and the
Romulans and the Cardassians have found this as a declaration of war
and the Enterprise has to rely on its crew and captain to get them
out of trouble.

Join our crew and see the excitement that we have and will have as we
follow the legacy of the Enterprises before us and boldly go where no
person has gone before.

We have alot of assistant positions open and we would like members
that have good rpging styles and come up with new ideas for the ship.
Members that know how to rpg when there is no action and who are
creative writers that can write intresting posts. If you like to
write and have fun then this is the ship for you.

Simm Info:

Looking for:

Chief Counseler
Computer Systems Specialist
Assistant Chief Diplomatic Officer
Assistant Chief Operations Officer
Assistant Chief Engineering Officer
Assistant Chief Science Officer
Marine XO
Wing Executive Commander
Chef

Also we have a host of other positions aboard, we are trying to
create Enterprise of a complete ship personnel, like how a real ship
is like, for a more real feel. Also looking for people that most
likely like to RPG Star Trek in everyday living. Meaning that you
could be a ensign and still have a intresting life on a ship, in this
case the Enterprise.

CO: Commodore Scott F. Brennan
XO: Commander Yanou Seifer

Type Site: SMS (Simm Management System)
Ship Site: http://ussenterprise.junofleet.com
Fleet Site: www.junofleet.com

CO Email: generaltiger17@hotmail.com

ignatius22

Report this Dec. 20 2007, 10:59 pm

I'm not entirely sure I understand this SIMM thing. Does the rpg format unfold entirely through short narratives and posts?   I would be interested in counselor if my schedule allows.

scottie1789

Report this Dec. 21 2007, 12:21 am

Well the rpg style is more like a chapter in a book and each member on the ship write something like a page in a chapter. ¿ A chapter is a mission really. ¿The member who is posting can write it like a narrative and a regular post in one. ¿I hope you can join its a great ship!

Cornelius40

Report this Dec. 21 2007, 12:39 am

Scottie1789,

Excellent ship design. Gene would love it.

scottie1789

Report this Dec. 21 2007, 9:45 am

Thanks, We try to be creative and professional as possible.  ...At least we try :P

ignatius22

Report this Dec. 22 2007, 1:06 pm

Scott,

I am continuing to research for the counselor position, so I only have a few more questions:

When one writes a log, is the writer able to write into the script other characters? ¿How do you negotiate different writers who are writing for different characters. ¿Say, for instance, that the counselor were to have a dialogue with the captian; would the dialogue for both characters be up to the writer of the log at that particular phase in the chapter?

Also, are briefings and meetings held primarily throughout the narrative, or is there a real time chatroom meeting?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just getting a grasp on this. ¿I am really interested, but I don't want to commit to something I am just going to give up on in short order. ¿I would rather do the research and commit 100%, even if it takes a few weeks to research.

Lastly, I read in the "news" section on the website that you find the lack of posting "troubling." ¿Have you curbed that issue; is the Enterprise-G RPG fizzling out? ¿

Thank you again for your time.

domo_arigato

Report this Dec. 22 2007, 1:15 pm

I think I can answer your first two questions:

actually the log is the characters thoughts in each mission or in each phase...not an actual "chapter." The mission post is the actual chapter. When you have more than one person posting in the mission, actually maing up the chapter then you have the option of doing a Joint Post with them. Where you two actually work together to make that post so that the character can be portrayed accurately.

starfleetcommand42651

Report this Dec. 22 2007, 3:44 pm

Quote (ignatius22 @ Dec. 22 2007, 1:06 pm)
Scott,

When one writes a log, is the writer able to write into the script other characters? ?How do you negotiate different writers who are writing for different characters. ?Say, for instance, that the counselor were to have a dialogue with the captian; would the dialogue for both characters be up to the writer of the log at that particular phase in the chapter?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just getting a grasp on this. ?I am really interested, but I don't want to commit to something I am just going to give up on in short order. ?I would rather do the research and commit 100%, even if it takes a few weeks to research.

Lastly, I read in the "news" section on the website that you find the lack of posting "troubling." ?Have you curbed that issue; is the Enterprise-G RPG fizzling out? ?

Thank you again for your time.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest!

Marine Captain Trent Donovan, Marine Commanding Officer here. I can help with the questions you have.

1) In the simming world, it is called a Joint Post (JP). Using the system that the Enterprise-G uses, It automatically updates the saved post for all users when one adds to the post. We prefer not to use one another's characters, unless they play only a minor role in the post.

2) Yes, briefings and meeting are held through ship-wide JP's, usually consisting of the entire senior staff.

3) If you look at the date above the article, it was posted on Nov. 30th. I assure you, with over 20 members, the Enterprise-G is not fizzling out anytime soon.

Thanks again for your interest!

Marine Captain Trent Donovan
Marine Commanding Officer
USS Enterprise-G

scottie1789

Report this Dec. 22 2007, 3:57 pm

Quote (ignatius22 @ Dec. 21 2007, 2:06 pm)
Scott,

Thank you again for your time.

Good questions ignatius22, ¿I think Donovan answered all the questions correctly even domo_arigato answered them aswell. ¿Also when a member wants to talk to a person he could either tagged them or start a jp with them.   Or request a jp with a PM message or a post in the Cbox.  Thanks for your interest in our Simm, if you have anymore questions just add me on MSN or Yahoo, my addresses are below:

generaltiger17@hotmail.com
battlegeneraltg@yahoo.com

Also as to our ship slowing down, that isn't going to happen :P I am very good at recruiting and we have a very high post rate for our ship. ¿Plus as Donovan said with our members around 18-20 people it isn't slowing down. ¿But because its December and the holidays and things like that everyone is busy etc. ¿We plan to pick up around Janaury 2 or 10th. ¿ So now is the time to join so you can get in the groove of things and find your way around.

starfleetcommand42651

Report this Dec. 23 2007, 2:37 pm

Quote (Shuttle @ Dec. 23 2007, 4:06 am)
Quote (Cornelius40 @ Dec. 20 2007, 1:39 am)
Scottie1789,

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Excellent ship design. Gene would love it.

No he wouldn't - he'd be turning in his grave. The godmod design of the Enterprise-G is dreadful and pee's ALL OVER Gene's established criteria for Federation starships

Seriously, shut up. Quit criticizing other's RPG's. They can do what they want with them.

Besides, a ship isn't about it's Specs, but how the crew writes and interacts with one another.

And in that respect, this ship is top of the line.

scottie1789

Report this Dec. 24 2007, 8:31 am

Yeah I don't really care about the design myself either, I just wanted a ship that was new so I got a guy to make if for me.  But other than that its the rpg that counts, not the ship.

Rizadon

Report this Dec. 25 2007, 7:42 am

:O

:laugh: :laugh:

scottie1789

Report this Dec. 25 2007, 2:49 pm

Well.... I don't know about implausible.  I mean they said the airplane was implausible and the rocket and landing on the moon.  :P

Commodore_Dingbat

Report this Dec. 25 2007, 2:59 pm

I'm very interested!

Looks a great simm!

scottie1789

Report this Dec. 25 2007, 7:16 pm

Great we have lots of a assitant positions open and two chief positions.  Flight Control Officer and Wing Commander, also a Marine XO position.   There is also chances to get to chief officer in any dept, since people that are inactive for over a month are removed.