Star Trek the Tour

juise15

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 10:29 am

This is so awesome.  It kinda resembles the Star Trek Adventure oversees a few years back.

I can't wait till it gets to my area...

Anyone else going to take part in this?

I think the Cameo DVD will be incredible.

vgrbabe

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 10:37 am

can't wait till it comes to my area.

was the website updated?

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 11:11 am

In the last year, you've heard about some other legends on tour like the Police, Van Halen, and maybe even Led Zeppelin, but now comes the announcement of an event that will truly rock every Trek fan's world: Get set to book your tickets for STAR TREK THE TOUR ! This historic happening touches down on January 18 for a limited engagement at the legendary Queen Mary Dome in Long Beach, Calif., the beginning of a multiple-city tour across the United States over the next few years. Described as an interactive, action-packed experience, STAR TREK THE TOUR will feature exhibits from all five TV shows and each of the 10 movies.

THE TOUR will provide a unique opportunity to experience Star Trek up close and personal with sets, props and models, motion-simulator rides, merchandise and more all under one very large roof. One of the items that has us particularly excited is the chance to sit in Captain Kirk's chair from the Original Series, set on the Enterprise bridge. But that's just the beginning. Captain Picard's quarters are also on hand for you to see and experience, as well as the Enterprise-D bridge, and Dr. Crusher's sickbay.

STAR TREK THE TOUR has a pedigree of expertise as production designer Herman Zimmerman, costume designer Robert Blackman, make-up supervisor Michael Westmore and visual effects producer Dan Curry have all contributed to the production. Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry will also provide narration for a tribute to his father.

Other great opportunities include the ability to star alongside your heroes in an episode of your choice, and then take home the DVD to show your friends! STAR TREK THE TOUR comprises 50,000 square feet of exhibition space that allows you to leave reality behind and enter the Star Trek universe. This event is like nothing else ever attempted in the United States and provides literally tons of entertainment for adults as well as children, so bring the entire family! For more information, ticket prices, dates, location and more, please visit our STAR TREK THE TOUR mini-site for more!

Tickets go on sale this Friday, December 7 for American Express cardholders, and December 15 for the general public.

I hope this will hit the NY area :cool:

vgrbabe

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 12:20 pm

it's scheduled to hit NYC, but it doesn't say when

ARG!!!!!!!!!!! Oh dear god I want to go to this so friggen baddly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 12:31 pm

Quote (vgrbabe @ Dec. 05 2007, 12:20 pm)
it's scheduled to hit NYC, but it doesn't say when

Me to . STTE on wheels :cool: Fantasy forms I'm in Kirk's chair and I hear " Excuse me I think your in my seat " Turns to see William Shatner

MattJC

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 2:13 pm

I might have to go see this.

jolybar

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 2:22 pm

Can't wait to go into Picard's bedroom. Wow.

"Excuse me, I think you're in my bed..."

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 2:34 pm

I'm gonna be there opening Day Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 100 miles away!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

NCLPN_Parker

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 2:36 pm

Oh thank you sweet ST gods!  It's coming to Charlotte!

Seems its all TNG and TOS centered though. Anyone read anything about DS9 and Voy?

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 2:59 pm

Quote (NCLPN_Parker @ Dec. 05 2007, 11:36 am)
Oh thank you sweet ST gods! ¿It's coming to Charlotte! ¿

No but I am sure they will have stuff from DS9 and VOY there as indicated by a Jem Heddar  make up and the like.

NCLPN_Parker

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 3:29 pm

Quote (Vice_Adm_Baxter_Dir_SF_Tac_Ops @ Dec. 05 2007, 2:59 pm)
Quote (NCLPN_Parker @ Dec. 05 2007, 11:36 am)
Oh thank you sweet ST gods! ?It's coming to Charlotte! ?

Nice

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 3:33 pm

Its all on the ST.com page under communities just check there for full info. :logical: :logical: :logical: :logical: :logical:

keatspersona

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 4:38 pm

It's coming to NY, Philly and D.C.

WHEN? WHERE??

I'M THERE!!!

There are more worlds than the one that you can hold in your hand.

unknowntrekkie

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 9:40 pm

i'm planning to go see it when it's in rochester ny. only two hours from where i live. i can not wait. great thing is i've got relatives who would put me up for the night. i can not wait. i am so excited. i can't wait.. i can't say that enough.

keatspersona

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 11:54 pm

unknown -

I watched a news segment (or something) recently where Paramount was packing away all the models, uniforms etc. to be auctioned off by Sothebys for charity. I couldn't believe the prices that the stuff commanded. They showed a lot of the same stuff we'll see at the tour.
A number of years back ('83 or '84) I went with friends to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Oh, I loved every exhibit there but the two that I spent the most time checking out were the actual Project Mercury Freedom 7 capsule (flown by Alan Shepard on 5 May, 1961) and the model of NCC - 1701 hanging about fifteen feet off the floor. It may still be there. The exhibit of the Enterprise model was a stunning departure for the trustees of the Smithsonian. (I think their kids might have stamped their feet and held their breath till they turned blue, or something.)
Since I am old enough to have seen Shepard's flight and the original Star Trek I've got this well developed sense of history. When I looked into the space capsule the first thing I checked out was the navigational computer.
That computer has the great great great "grandmotherboard" of the desktops that you and I take for granted today. It was the reason that IC-FETs (integrated circuit field-effect transistors) were first developed, the same as those on the boards of our desktops and laptops, Ipods, cell phones etc.
I love history!

"One man can summon the future"