Conventions in the UK

scienceofficer2283

Report this Nov. 14 2007, 6:43 am

Does anyone know of any star trek conventions happening in the UK?

Discuss

samuel703

Report this Nov. 20 2007, 1:40 pm

My favourite in the UK is http://www.sfball.com/

It's not just Star Trek but includes other sc-fi genres.  It's an amazing event with fantastic hosts.  The atmosphere is incredible and I have made some very good friends as a result.  The above link will give you all the details about it.  Plus they have a free forum where you can post questions etc.

I highly recommend this event and would put it down as a must...

Salter1701

Report this Nov. 20 2007, 5:50 pm

You might wanna check out Collectormania which has events dotted around the country.

pheonix27

Report this Nov. 21 2007, 3:03 pm

Quote (Salter1701 @ Nov. 20 2007, 5:50 pm)

The next one is same place same time next year.

Salter1701

Report this Nov. 21 2007, 4:12 pm

Quote (pheonix27 @ Nov. 21 2007, 8:03 pm)
Quote (Salter1701 @ Nov. 20 2007, 5:50 pm)

I went to a collectormania convention last Saturday (17th Nov) in Manchester. The place itself wasn't too great but I did have a lot of fun. I met lots of people and not just star trek fans The mix included starwars and red dwarf ¿
The next one is same place same time next year.

ya I couldnt go this time unfortunately.  I've been to the two previous ones and they were great.

pheonix27

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 3:25 pm

Hey has anyone heard about his new star trek tour in the US it sounds amazing. I just wish they would do the same thin in the UK. Not all us fans can get over there.

Salter1701

Report this Dec. 05 2007, 5:30 pm

They had something very similar (infact, I think it's the same thing) about 5 years ago in London.

Should bring it back.

gammaq

Report this Dec. 07 2007, 5:53 pm

never been to a convention but when pages bar in london was open it tended to get the overspills from any london event, saw robert beltran at pages, he did seem quite bitter about his time on voyager

pheonix27

Report this Dec. 12 2007, 3:58 pm

I went to one in Mancester a few years ago and I met Robert Picardo, Nichelle Nicoles ( who I felt was a bit grumpy to say the least) Alexander Siddig and Nana Visiter who seemed very pleased to be there and didn't mind having there photos taken can't remember the name of the hotel though.

pheonix27

Report this Dec. 12 2007, 4:01 pm

If there is another one in London I am definatly going because if its anything like the one in the US it sounds great. Keep me posted please.

ellrip

Report this Dec. 19 2007, 3:16 pm

oh man i really wanna go to the bournemouth event but don't think id brave it on my own - will have to wait til they come to newcastle.... (could be a while!!;)