Q & A

B_4

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 8:02 pm

This book is awsome! I add it to the list of my favorite Star trek books. Everything about this story is good. The characters and settings are excellent. I especially loved Q and Worf in this story. The reminiscence of Data is very nice. My eyes were a little damp for a few minutes reading that. I hope the hint in the book is true. Could there be a resurrection of a certain favorite character? :D
Pretty Please with a cherry on top. ;)  :laugh:
This is a great story, hilarious, very well written. I recommend everyone buy and read this book. :cool:

Oh, was I suppose to do some spoilers, I'm too lazy to do that right now. :p

krad

Report this Nov. 03 2007, 7:32 am

^ Thanks so much for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the book!

Vice_Adm_Baxter

Report this Nov. 03 2007, 10:12 am

This one of the best TREK books written to date!! :logical: :honorable: :cool:

AnthonyM

Report this Nov. 03 2007, 11:34 am

Q&A is def. a great read. One of my favorites

DarkFaerie

Report this Nov. 04 2007, 9:36 pm

Yeah, the book was really good! :D
I'm gonna read it again tonight. Whenever I read the parts about Data, I cry. :cry: ¿ Man, I miss him. I hope he comes back in future novels. That would make me so happy!

bensmalls_is_a_BigYellowJ
oint

Report this Nov. 05 2007, 4:12 am

Quote (DarkFaerie @ Nov. 04 2007, 9:36 pm)
Whenever I read the parts about Data, I cry.

The part where Geordi and company reminissed about Data got me a little misty eyed.

DarkFaerie

Report this Nov. 05 2007, 7:45 pm

Quote ("bensmalls"@Nov. 04 2007 @ 5:12 am)

That part got me misty eyed, too...  In fact, that's one of my favorite parts in the book.

*SPOILERS!!!*
And when T'Lana said to Geordi that it's possible that Data's alive or something...does anyone besides me think that's it's possible?

NuclearWessels

Report this Nov. 14 2007, 4:57 pm

Hey I 'm hopin one of you guys knows the answer to these questions:

1.  Why is Data on the cover?
2.  In the back of the book it says Picard suddenly starts to reminisce about his mission to Farpoint?  When did that happen in the book? or did I miss it.

krad

Report this Nov. 14 2007, 9:44 pm

1. He isn't. That's Q on the cover.
2. Not as such, no, it's simply referring to Q's first appearance.

bashir62

Report this Nov. 15 2007, 10:25 am

I haven't got it yet, but I've been reading about it on Memory Beta. I love the reference to 24th century Romulan Birds of Prey just like in the novelization of What You Leave Behind. I'd love to see one those in a Ships of the Line calendar!

phoenixhawk

Report this Nov. 15 2007, 9:19 pm

I'm presently reading the book and I must say, I am enjoying it quite a lot. It harkens back to some of the best things that made TNG my favorite. I love it when Q first appears on the Ent-E. The exchange between Q and the crew was just classic Q and I can totally see DeLancie saying those words as Q. Kudos to KRAD for the book.

Also, KRAD, if you have any pull with the powers that be, have them bring back Data! Anything is possible in the fiction and your fellows corrected a huge error Enterprise made by offing Tucker, so I know this can be made right as well. :)

Chris

_Roadhog_

Report this Nov. 21 2007, 3:59 pm

Quote (phoenixhawk @ Nov. 16 2007, 1:19 am)
*snip*

Chris

I don't see much need to bring back Data, his death was heroic and righteous... unlike Trip's (as per on-screen TATV)...
And unlike the ending of Before Dishonor... I'm still grinding my teeth over that one...

EmeraldWarrior

Report this Nov. 24 2007, 2:21 am

I really liked the book too. Great read, finally something that didn't focus on the Borg that was actually taking place in the mainstream Star Trek Universe! My one complaint is that a lot of the first half of the book felt like filler before getting to the meat of the book. The events with trying to figure out the constructed planet and ignoring Q, while entertaining at first, seemed to drag on before something finally happened. But once it got there, what a ride! I loved seeing all the alternate universes, I'm a sucker for these type of stories. And oh how masterfully was the whole Q puzzle put together. Bravo! Everything made perfect sense, I had this moment when I pieced together where I could almost see the light go on in my head. I especially loved the line Q gave when Picard asked him about the Robin Hood episode: "I just wanted to see you in tights, Picard."

-Nate-

Captain_Storma

Report this Nov. 25 2007, 9:00 am

Have to agree here...

A damn good read. It was like watching a movie. I loved the character interaction and especially the Q-plot set up (showing us all important events so far from Q's perspective).

Superb read.