Why do people thinks forms are better then SMS

AdmiralJoelschooler

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 12:41 am

I personaly do not like forms they have areas to post diferent things and are confusing and are harder to meet posting standars unless its like adding small bits like a Big join post. thats why I like sms better you have a big area to make a post and it looks neet.

But can some one tell me why they like sms or forms better

scottie1789

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 2:19 am

Well i agree with you on SMS.  It takes all the hard work that you have to do on a forum.  For instance you don't have to upload ranks and things like that.  The only thing missing in a sms is a place to chat and things like that.  I think thats why some people like forums.  Another thing some people can't get the concept of SMS.

J_Jaxom

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 6:15 am

I think that could be true, I find it complicated and on a forum everything is clear, and you can see the departments and bridge, it's more like a game you can go to sickbay, or to the mess hall etc.

Captain_Kayzek_Juno_TGCO

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 2:26 pm

I agree JJax. Forums are so much simpler to use.

DTan

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 2:52 pm

People, including me, think forums are better because areas for OOC things and such can be made. It's actually a lot neater than SMS and provides areas for OOC chatter, which in turn leads to closer relationships between players. Also the only time a forum admin needs to deal with coding is if they want to change the skin. I have an SMS site and it's really beginning(sp) to confuse the hell out of me.

They each have their own ups and downs. For instance, I really like the way JP's are done on SMS. But, on the other hand, I like the topic diversity in forums (Such as OOC things, IC subplots that aren't mission related, etc.)

Captain_Kayzek_Juno_TGCO

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 2:59 pm

Ive been on one SMS site...and I wasnt even an Admin. I couldnt stand it

scottie1789

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 5:09 pm

hmmm well I admit the thing about not having OOC, thats the thing I miss on my ship. But then again I started a OOC forum for my ship and nobody used it.  So its kinda so so.

Also some people think that a SMS can't handle more than six people on it.  Though on my ship I have 20, and it seems to work well.

AdmiralJoelschooler

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 5:37 pm

The real resion why i dont like forms is because you have to post in the room your in and its some times hard to make bigger posts and fallow along with the story if some one make a back post where as in SMS you can look up any post and if its runn well they have the players post where they are. The only thing i like about forms is that its allways a big jp

Starbasecommander

Report this Nov. 01 2007, 5:46 pm

You don't have to change rooms if you have a forum for the main mission, and then others for character development.

I prefer forums because they are well laid out, allow multiple things to happen at the same time, allow OOC chat, and allow character development. With SMS you have to follow the guidlines...with forums you can make your own ship.

scottie1789

Report this Nov. 02 2007, 1:46 am

hmm maybe but it depends on the CO.  I like control and order so SMS works just fine for me.  Oh and AdmiralJoelschooler, its Forums and follow.  :P

DTan

Report this Nov. 02 2007, 5:20 pm

That's true. It depends on nothing but the CO, for everyone else the site, whether forum or SMS, is just a place to post their characters actions. To each his own, judge not lest ye be judged in return, etc., etc.

In my opinion, SMS is just a glorified PBEM. The only real diference being that the SMS site organizes things better than, say, a Yahoo group.

Starbasecommander

Report this Nov. 02 2007, 5:43 pm

That last point is true. I like the sound of that: 'glorified PBEM'.....

True about Yahoo groups too. Petty little things.

J_Jaxom

Report this Nov. 02 2007, 8:02 pm

I guess thats why then, I never liked PBEM

domo_arigato

Report this Nov. 02 2007, 10:25 pm

I find it easier to follow the story and mission in a forum (PBF) becassue its not all disjointed as it is in a SMS RP. You have the mission in one topic thread, and you just read what the person posts. Whereas, in a SMS you have to bounce from post to post trying to connect everything, so you have one clear picture. You also have to deal with other players RP'in your character, who may very well do it completely wrong ;) The time between posts also agrrevates(sp) me about SMS...The only downsides to PBF's may be the fact that they are sometimes hard to get started and then keeping them active, but that applies to all sims...

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid