Think Tank

trekkintouretter

Report this Oct. 03 2007, 9:34 pm

Season 5 is the paramount season of Voyager. Although there were some terrible episodes like The Fight and Juggernaut, most of the episodes were perfect examples of good Star Trek.

One of the Worst - The 5 worst episodes of the series
Garbage - Don't watch it.
Poor - Watch it once but still below average.
Average - An OK episode.
Good - An entertaining episode but not the best.
Outstanding - You can watch it over and over again.
One of the Best - The 5 best episodes of the series.

Brief Summary - Surrounded by enemy ships, Janeway is approached by a think tank, a group of aliens who work together to solve people's problems. In return, however, they ask for Seven of Nine to join their group and refuse to help them without her. Janeway discovers the group has manipulated them as well as the enemy ships that are surrounding Voyager. Meeting with them, they devise a plan to outthink the think tank.

MyrahUsher

Report this Oct. 03 2007, 10:20 pm

I still can't look at him in anything without hearing "I WAS IN A POOL!"

Genesis09

Report this Oct. 04 2007, 1:24 am

It was a great episode and it catered to one of the many complaints about Voyager, ho a ship lost so far from home can't encounter very different looking species (i.e. not humanoid), haviing some members of the think tank be very unique, physiologically.

Arachpinapitofol

Report this Oct. 06 2007, 7:32 am

Jason Alexander WAS this episode. You may not have liked him on Seinfeld but this was an incredible performance and I thought the story and the concept were pretty good too.

BirdofPrey101

Report this Oct. 06 2007, 12:28 pm

Quote (Arachpinapitofol @ Oct. 06 2007, 7:32 am)

Agreed. The character development of Kurros was excellent. I don't think Jason could have done it any better.

DRAGON_ROSE

Report this Feb. 16 2009, 10:40 am

Quote (Arachpinapitofol @ Oct. 06 2007, 1:32 pm)

never seen seunfeld, but i didn't like him in "pretty woman " with julia roberts and richard gere

AnkleBiter

Report this Feb. 16 2009, 2:30 pm

I thought it was a great role for Jason Alexander. ¿I didn't like him like him very much in Seinfeld, but he had a few good smaller roles in movies and tv shows. ¿There's just something about his mannerisms that made him believable to me in this role.

Overall, I really liked the concept of this episode, however, destroying their little translating device was jsut silly. ¿If they were so smart, why couldn't they learn each others languages? ¿Especially for long they've lived together. ¿

:question:

exodus147

Report this Feb. 16 2009, 7:44 pm

Jason Alexander sucks as an actor, that's why he's still out of work to this day.  His performance in this ep. was wooden and bland.  Could he be any more monotone in his delivery?  I've seen more lively acting from grass blowing in the wind.

brcarthey

Report this Feb. 16 2009, 7:50 pm

Quote (exodus147 @ Feb. 16 2009, 7:44 pm)
Jason Alexander sucks as an actor, that's why he's still out of work to this day. ¿His performance in this ep. was wooden and bland. ¿Could he be any more monotone in his delivery? ¿I've seen more lively acting from grass blowing in the wind.

i thought that jellyfish exhibited more personality and depth.

exodus147

Report this Feb. 16 2009, 8:04 pm

Quote (brcarthey @ Feb. 16 2009, 7:50 pm)
Quote (exodus147 @ Feb. 16 2009, 7:44 pm)
Jason Alexander sucks as an actor, that's why he's still out of work to this day. ?His performance in this ep. was wooden and bland. ?Could he be any more monotone in his delivery? ?I've seen more lively acting from grass blowing in the wind.

i thought that jellyfish exhibited more personality and depth.

I'm sayin'!! :laugh:

MirrorRobotVicFontaine

Report this Feb. 19 2009, 2:36 am

It's one of countless Voyager episodes with a nothing plot that's watchable because the characters are likeable.   And I agree that s5 was the best season, and the most consistently solid, but that doesn't place it up there with the best of Trek.   Episodes like this one are more "TV", more "entertainment" than they are science-fiction.

X24

Report this Feb. 20 2009, 12:23 am

Oh George going after 7 of 9. Great acting.

ssmukhi

Report this Feb. 20 2009, 3:18 am

I want to know how they cured the Vidian phage. Was Denara Pel involved?

DRAGON_ROSE

Report this Feb. 20 2009, 5:20 am

Quote (ssmukhi @ Feb. 20 2009, 9:18 am)
I want to know how they cured the Vidian phage. Was Denara Pel involved?

how about what they asked for in return :question:

X24

Report this Feb. 20 2009, 5:18 pm

Quote (ssmukhi @ Feb. 20 2009, 3:18 pm)
I want to know how they cured the Vidian phage. Was Denara Pel involved?

I thought he turned out to be a con artist. He was probably lying.

Haven't seen it in a long time.