My Convention Experience..so far

greenvelvet

Report this Aug. 12 2007, 11:48 am

My husband and I have been here since Friday night and have had a great time. So far, the highlights have been getting our picture taken with Brent Spiner,, seeing him perform with Frakes and last night's Philharmonic performance... except Nana Visitor. She came out and starting singing a song from Chicago, poorly I might add, and then got into her divorce and 9/11, totally killing the atmosphere. My husband and I had the giggles like crazy and could hardly contain ourselves, when all of a sudden, some morbidly obese man sitting next to us ripped ### at a completely silent part of the song.. I thought we were going to lose it. By the way, I have never seen so many horse asses and belly boobs than I have here. Well, thats all for now.

vegascho

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 3:34 am

Wow, tough crowd...However, on that note:

I visited the vendor section only once. Some of the handmade Star Trek ships were impressive, but I had to leave because of the frequent waves of baaaaad B.O. ?

Aside from that, I enjoyed the chats and Q&A with the actors, but my favorite guest appearance was Brannon Braga. His responses were short, but really funny. In answer to a question about killing off a character at the last episode of Enterprise, he just simply said, "I just wanted to kill him."

This was my first Star Trek convention. The first day that I went (Sat) I was a little sad from the experience, but enjoyed it more on the final day. What I?m curious about now is the convention next year. Since, this convention runs every year, how do the organizers keep it fresh? It can?t be the same thing again next year, can it? Do they vary it by inviting different actors/guest speakers?

JackCase

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 3:37 am

Hey enjoy it! go to the bar and raise a glass to ST.com!

vgrbabe

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 8:02 am

all of you who went to the Vegas con SUCK!!!!!

I wish I could have been there :cry:  :cry:

REARADMIRALBAXTER

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 10:06 am

Quote (vgrbabe @ Aug. 13 2007, 8:02 am)
all of you who went to the Vegas con SUCK!!!!!

I wish I could have been there :cry: ¿:cry:

not i...........................i rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p  :p

DennisonPaul

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 2:06 pm

I just got back from the event. ¿It was mixed. ¿Creation really sucks the bucks out of your pocket, boy. ¿And I'm not sure that you always get the value for what you pay.

The ABSOLUTE highlight for me was meeting Mike & Denise Okuda. ¿They were at the starrekproperties.com (? - may be star trek real estate) booth. ¿UNBELIEVEABLE. ¿They made all these cool deeds for land on Vulcan and Starfleet Diplomas for that company - BTW all so much better looking in-person than in the on-line store. ¿The Okudas really outdid themselves AND (unlike other people/things) they took the time to talk to me at the booth (I had a gazillion questions), autographed my Christie's catalog, and even posed for a couple of photos - AT NO CHARGE (the only thing I didn't have to pay "extra" for the entire event). ¿

Other than that I got to speak with Brent Spiner for a minute -he made a trip to check out the Starfleet diplomas when I was talking to the Okudas. ¿It was quiet during that time, so I had the Okudas and Spiner to myself for about a minute. Sweet.

Other favorite moments - I thought it was hysterical when Shatner told JJ Abrams that he was a "dumb s**t" for not having him in the movie. ¿Frakes and Spiner were hilarious together (they really rivalled Abbott and Costello). ¿Chase Masterson was as gorgeous as ever. ¿And some of the people at the event really, really, really outdid themselves with their costumes (awesome job - and you know who you are).

Great time.

REARADMIRALBAXTER

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 2:35 pm

cool!! i saw and talked with the okuda's as well. creation does suck your wallet dry. to me what made the convention was the fans that came in uniform such as myself. the dealer room could have been better(i say this cause i like the dealers rooms like they had in the early 90's grand slam cons better.).

Commodore_Dingbat

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 3:50 pm

Quote (DennisonPaul @ Aug. 12 2007, 3:06 pm)
I just got back from the event. ?It was mixed. ?Creation really sucks the bucks out of your pocket, boy. ?And I'm not sure that you always get the value for what you pay.

The ABSOLUTE highlight for me was meeting Mike & Denise Okuda. ?They were at the starrekproperties.com (? - may be star trek real estate) booth. ?UNBELIEVEABLE. ?They made all these cool deeds for land on Vulcan and Starfleet Diplomas for that company - BTW all so much better looking in-person than in the on-line store. ?The Okudas really outdid themselves AND (unlike other people/things) they took the time to talk to me at the booth (I had a gazillion questions), autographed my Christie's catalog, and even posed for a couple of photos - AT NO CHARGE (the only thing I didn't have to pay "extra" for the entire event). ?

Other than that I got to speak with Brent Spiner for a minute -he made a trip to check out the Starfleet diplomas when I was talking to the Okudas. ?It was quiet during that time, so I had the Okudas and Spiner to myself for about a minute. Sweet.

Other favorite moments - I thought it was hysterical when Shatner told JJ Abrams that he was a "dumb s**t" for not having him in the movie. ?Frakes and Spiner were hilarious together (they really rivalled Abbott and Costello). ?Chase Masterson was as gorgeous as ever. ?And some of the people at the event really, really, really outdid themselves with their costumes (awesome job - and you know who you are).

Great time.

Coool!

When I go next year...I'll have some land on Vulcan...and a diploma!!

:laugh:

Commodore_Dingbat

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 3:57 pm

I looked at that website...

You can even get orders to be sent to the enterprise!

The Enterprise-D is due out later this year, guess who will be spending some money when it does!

Sooo....with some land on Vulcan, a diploma from the Academy, and my first 'posting'..i'll be all set! Even got the uniform and ears to go with it....!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

(PS - my husband is rolling his eyes at me...!;)

Star54

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 7:42 pm

This was my first con and I had a great time...yes creation does take a chunk of change, but they did go out of their way for us when a member of our table at one of the breakfast complained that a star did not visit our table, we where then personally escorted to meet the star...I had a wonderful time and loved seeing all the people work so hard on some of those incredible costumes..

DennisonPaul

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 10:56 pm

By the way - I missed the Klingon luncheon - how did it go?

DJLore

Report this Aug. 13 2007, 11:53 pm

I had a great time!  I participated in the Karaoke at the Chocolate party; one of my videos was shown for the video contest; and it was a blast to be in the costume contest on Saturday night.  I'm already looking forward to next year  :)

Captain_Windu

POSTS: 12002

Report this Aug. 14 2007, 12:10 am

I loved your video. It was great.

c240831

Report this Aug. 14 2007, 1:26 am

I think that Vegas Con was pretty screwed up. ¿I've been to other autograph conventions and things always seem to run smoothly, but this was my first ST con and boy did Creations really mess up the signings. ¿I bought the GOLD Pack (never do this again), but that really means nothing. ¿People that have would be late to a Party would get priority over me....and whats with the Robbie Duncan McNeil auto ticket that we had to eat since he did not show up? :question: :angry:

datalovelesslove

Report this Aug. 14 2007, 2:04 am

This was my first Star Trek Convention. No longer a Trek Virgin! Sweet! :D I also have mixed feelings about it. I mean, the first two days were kind of a drag. I got to see LeVar Burton on stage, and a few of the other actors, but didn't get to actually talk with them. I guess I'm too timid...and you really need to be out there to do things like that. It was really confusing the too...I mean, I didn't know where to sit half the time. But I can't complain all that much, getting a photo with Brent Spiner, and seeing him on stage with Frakes really rocked! They were so hilarious!

As for the Venders...they were kind if disappointing. Not their merchandise, but the price. Merlin's beard, were they expensive. I only got to afford a cute earrings set. The rest of my money went to food, cab fair, and my little brother. Luckily, I had just enough to buy a Tribble from the Experience section. Which, you know, was half the reason I went.

What really made the Con, like others have said, were the fans. The fans that were brave enough to dress up in costume and play their character. TOTALLY awesome! Got to meet some wicked nice, cool people. :)

Users browsing this forum: 22123magic