If you could create your own Star Trek gam

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Jul. 16 2007, 6:39 am

If you could create your own Star Trek game, what kind would it be? Platform? First-person shooter? Third-person adventure? Bridge Commander style? What?

I'd make something like Bridge Commander, but a bit faster-paced. I'd also have a tournament of sorts, in which people start with a basic ship design of their choice ("choice" meaning which species they prefer, but getting only the most basic of designs), in which they can fight others and, if they win, earn credits which they can use to purchase upgrades or new ships. And the upgrades would be customizable. In other words, you could buy new phaser banks or torpedo bays and determine where they'd be located, but at the same time some upgrades would be determined by what you've done so far. For example, a torpedo storage bay would need to be placed next to a torpedo launcher, or extra anti-matter reserves would need to be near the warp core.

defiant2371

Report this Jul. 16 2007, 2:17 pm

A game like the Rogue Squadron series where you control smaller ships like the Defiant, a Danube class runabout and Federation, Dominion, Bajoran and Maquis fighters.

ellell

Report this Jul. 16 2007, 4:18 pm

I'd make an RPG game. Kinda like the KOTOR series. You make a character and any federation species of Post-Nemesis era. Then chose station (engineering, security, medical). It would start out as you starting at the academy (tutorial). Then you grow in rank until you are chief of what station you chose. Then the ship gets in a bad accident you get in its escape pods and go back to earth.
THE END

kwik12

Report this Jul. 20 2007, 2:35 am

I'd make a friggin crayz game...

I'd make a game where you can WALK AROUND IN YOUR STARSHIP wherever you want explore a bit talk to the crew (without having repetitive speech) and make it so you can control 3rd person and shoot things, transport to places like a shuttle bay and just cruise in a shuttle for a bit... if not CONTROL THE SHIP TOO!!!.... that would be a wicked game

willamTriker

Report this Jul. 20 2007, 10:43 pm

Id make somthing like voyager

trekker670

Report this Jul. 23 2007, 1:56 pm

Mine would be a FPS, made specifically for the Wii, but is also available on other systems (including PC). Im not sure of the story line, but it wouldnt really matter which series, any would work for me. I would probably like to have it so you're just a generic character (much like EF 1&2), but it might be cool to change from main character to main character depending on the mission (similar to the Generations game).

As for Wii specifics, the Wiimote would be the phaser, and you control movement with the Nunchuck's joystick, which is also your tricorder. You fire with the A button on the wiimote, and can increase and decrease the setting with the left and right buttons on the d-pad, maybe if there was a borg mission, have the B button be a rotating frequency button (press it every time to change frequency), it would be similar to what was seen on the Star Trek: Borg game.

Funforceadmiral

Report this Jul. 25 2007, 2:32 pm

anything other that piloting a ship im so tired of that lol

Funforceadmiral

Report this Jul. 25 2007, 2:33 pm

Quote (ellell @ July 16 2007, 4:18 pm)
THE END

i like that

sjsharp2004

Report this Jul. 26 2007, 10:22 pm

I would probably expand on the Bridge Commander idea as it is my fave game and I think they did an excellent job with it but not limiting the game to the Bridge so you have a greater control over your ship , crew and it's missionsbut with the player still as the captain. Basicaly like a Bridge Commander 2

CaptainPokemon

Report this Jul. 27 2007, 11:21 am

Quote (ellell @ July 17 2007, 3:18 pm)
THE END

what he said

Lucifer_

Report this Jul. 27 2007, 1:50 pm

I'd make it sort of like Resident Evil. You have to run around, solve puzzles, find keys, etc. on a starship. Instead of Zombies, it's the Borg. :bored: :bored: :bored:

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Jul. 28 2007, 6:11 am

Quote (Mario_1470 @ July 27 2007, 10:50 am)

Assimilated Evil? :D

It actually sounds pretty cool. So long as it sticks to the format of the earlier RE games. RE4 is great, don't get me wrong, but it's too much action-based, where-as RE1 was mostly about the figuring out what the hell to do. If it could be done in the format of RE1, but with the style and control of RE4, it would be great.

klingon78

Report this Aug. 02 2007, 10:10 am

remake of klingon academy with better graphics and more canon ships and armament [and with limited torpedo complements].
klingon academy 2 in tng times with gowron instead chang. remake of a final unity with current graphics.

dlt

Report this Aug. 02 2007, 3:10 pm

I would narrow it down a bit from the forthcoming online game.  I am not a big fan of shoot em ups or dog fight games. I am into the games where you have to think, use strategy plans and diplomacy. I would creat a Starfleet Academy game (I know they already have done but mine would be different) where you would need to recommended to starfleet and enroll into the academy. After basic training you could choose your path and then specialise in command or medical or engineering etc.  Further training would then commence and it would be up to you to prove you have the skill and the committment to graduate and become a starfleet officer.

To maike it interesting I would base it on a walkaround scenario where you can walk around intewract with different staff and cadets, have a bar where you can socialise, holodecks as well as the schools themselves.

Starbasecommander

Report this Aug. 05 2007, 1:55 pm

Quote (kwik12 @ July 20 2007, 7:35 am)
I'd make a friggin crayz game...

I've allways wanted them to make one of those. Such a cool idea....