Let's Meet in Las Vegas

juise15

Report this Jun. 11 2007, 3:37 pm

I don't know who all is going to be at Vegas and at what time, but I am going to try and round up some folks to get together and hang out/socialize on the Wednesday of convention week.

Proposal 1:  We meet at one time for drinks and socializing.  Not as expensive (well sorta) but it does give everyone a chance to relax and mingle with others from the Star Trek world.

Proposal 2:  Get together at different set times to enjoy the Experience.  It costs a bit do go through the Experience but I think we can all say this will be worth it.  We can break at some point for relaxation and drinks at Quarks.

If we go with option 2 it would be fun to dress up for this.  I am wearing my classic movie uniform throughout the convention.

I, myself, am getting to Las Vegas on Tuesday morning.  Im going through the experience as a regular individual at that time before I put on my uniform for a week of fun.

Suggestions and comments....

2000MAN

Report this Jun. 12 2007, 4:36 pm

I'd love to meet up with forum members.  I'll be arriving with my wife Wednesday early afternoon and will be staying until Tuesday.  I'd like to hear, as we all probably do, from more members when they will be there so we can pick a time and place to have the most people attend

Garak_is_my_hero

Report this Jun. 12 2007, 5:35 pm

I am going there on Tuesday...meeting up on Wednesday before registration might be fun.  I'm going to the welcoming party though after the registration!

DJLore

Report this Jun. 12 2007, 10:11 pm

Sounds fun!  My wife and I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon.

2000MAN

Report this Jun. 12 2007, 11:22 pm

I think some time Wednesday during registration and before the party might work for most folks.  With all the parties and breakfasts and such during the con, it might be hard to pick another time

arttart

Report this Jun. 13 2007, 1:36 am

Quote (juise15 @ June 11 2007, 3:37 pm)

Proposal 1: ¿We meet at one time for drinks and socializing. ¿Not as expensive (well sorta) but it does give everyone a chance to relax and mingle with others from the Star Trek world.

Proposal 2: ¿Get together at different set times to enjoy the Experience. ¿It costs a bit do go through the Experience but I think we can all say this will be worth it. ¿We can break at some point for relaxation and drinks at Quarks.

If we go with option 2 it would be fun to dress up for this. ¿I am wearing my classic movie uniform throughout the convention.

I, myself, am getting to Las Vegas on Tuesday morning. ¿Im going through the experience as a regular individual at that time before I put on my uniform for a week of fun. ¿

Suggestions and comments....

I live here so would love to meet up with some of you, I will be sponsoring a table for the local ST clubs who in turn are supporting Robert Picardo's fan club and his walk of Fame Star which we will be announcing...so we are hoping to meet all of you and you will come by and check out the table...Please contact me so we can all meet up...Where and When ??

Garak_is_my_hero

Report this Jun. 13 2007, 1:24 pm

Quote (2000MAN @ June 12 2007, 12:22 am)

Sounds great to me  :) Count me in!

Targallian

Report this Jun. 14 2007, 12:55 pm

Our flight won't arrive in Vegas until about 9:30 or so on Wednesday, and I'm sure we will be wiped out since we both have to work that day. So we may or may not be able to join you. But I hope to get to meet some of you sometime.

Maybe we should come up with a system or recognizing each other, like we all wear green wrist bands or something. Any ideas?

KiwiKeyz

Report this Jun. 14 2007, 5:33 pm

Hi, I am coming from New Zealand and my flight gets in at 5.45pm on the Wednesday, could I meet up too? It is my first time ever to Las Vegas and am looking forward to it! :rookie:

Turesian

Report this Jun. 14 2007, 7:05 pm

Quote (KiwiKeyz @ June 13 2007, 6:33 pm)

Are you going alone by AirNZ or Qantas?

I hope to go next year?

KiwiKeyz

Report this Jun. 14 2007, 7:27 pm

AirNZ, leaves Auckland 8.45pm Weds, sounds like a time travelling plane to me! :laugh:

Turesian

Report this Jun. 14 2007, 9:09 pm

Quote (KiwiKeyz @ June 13 2007, 8:27 pm)

It would be convenient if it was? :laugh:

paolix

Report this Jun. 14 2007, 11:12 pm

Hello, this is my first time in Vegas and my first convention (so exited!!! ), I'm coming from California (bay area), it would be great if I can meet some people to hang out. ¿I'm arriving on early Thursday afternon till sunday staying at the hilton the first two nights (sold out for saturday). ¿
A friend of mine might be arriving on friday (she is not sure yet) so I dont want to end up alone in Vegas. :)

juise15

Report this Jun. 15 2007, 12:51 am

Well you should come Wednesday...      after that most of us are busy with the convention.  i for one am going to the experience probably 3 times that week (Tuesday, Wednesday and for the Gold Ticket Party)

nthdrone

Report this Jun. 15 2007, 8:43 pm

When is the convention in Vegas?!?

Users browsing this forum: King B IX