Dessert Party in Vegas

MaryTeresa

Report this Jan. 13 2007, 4:41 pm

Hey everyone!!

The Vegas convention will be my first big one. I just purchased the Captain's chair package and I was wondering what the Dessert parties have been like in the past.

I would really like to read your stories about them.

Thanks and I can't wait to see everyone there!!!

Garak_is_my_hero

Report this Jan. 17 2007, 1:57 pm

Well I guess no one is going to tell you! I have never been to a convention either and the one in Las Vegas will be my first.  I was hoping that some one would be willing to share their convention experience too :o)

MaryTeresa

Report this Jan. 17 2007, 2:03 pm

It's wierd,  I thought that a lot of people would post reponses.

Well Garak_is_my_Hero, we will just have to improvise.

Garak_is_my_hero

Report this Jan. 18 2007, 1:51 pm

It seems that not many people come this category of the message boards.  It must be just us new people that are coming to the convention.  I would also be interested in finding out what other events they had in the past.  One member remembered something about a Breakfast with Neelix event...that's sounds cool too.  Oh Well, how bad can it be right?  Afterall, we'll be in Vegas...we'll be having dessert...and hopefully there will be a Star Trek actor to entertain us (and if we're lucky a really cute actor)!  How can a girl go wrong with that?

samuel703

Report this Jan. 18 2007, 5:12 pm

I attended the dessert party and have to admit, it was pretty disappointing.  Really.  However, the breakfasts in the morning are a definate.  You should book a breakfast or two and a silent auction. You get more time with the individual actors and ghas a more intimate feel.

If you want more info, you should visit www.trekcon.com.  Its a site that come out of a whole lot of us who visited last year and hit it off real well.  You will get a lot more opinions.

But you're right.  You will be in Vegas, at a Star Trek convention, having dessert or breakfast.  You will have one hell of a time.  I loved it and will return for sure.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 18 2007, 5:45 pm

Quote (Garak_is_my_hero @ Jan. 18 2007, 1:51 pm)
It seems that not many people come this category of the message boards. ¿It must be just us new people that are coming to the convention. ¿I would also be interested in finding out what other events they had in the past. ¿One member remembered something about a Breakfast with Neelix event...that's sounds cool too. ¿Oh Well, how bad can it be right? ¿Afterall, we'll be in Vegas...we'll be having dessert...and hopefully there will be a Star Trek actor to entertain us (and if we're lucky a really cute actor)! ¿How can a girl go wrong with that?

I attended the Desert party at the Vegas 2006 Convention . I would say it was a great time for the Ladies. The guests were Trip and Reed.

I was at a table with three ladies  when the boys made there entrance. Moments later I and the other men present noticed we were alone at the tables. :D I and others moved to the bars in the room. The guys were very funny and all the ladies seemed to enjoy meeting them.

MaryTeresa

Report this Jan. 18 2007, 5:59 pm

I think that the celebrities mingling through the crowds would be pretty cool.
However Im looking forward to hanging out with cool trekkers
and meeting people from around the globe.
I hope that I wont be dissapointed!!

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 18 2007, 6:02 pm

MaryTeresa

Report this Jan. 18 2007, 7:23 pm

Looks like good times...
do you have random happenings, crowd pictures?

How long do dessert parties generally last?

Garak_is_my_hero

Report this Jan. 19 2007, 2:10 pm

Well, I like both Reed & Trip but I'm into meeting "real" guys too, so after I get a look at the actors I will also be migrating to the bars :o)

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 19 2007, 5:02 pm

Quote (MaryTeresa @ Jan. 18 2007, 7:23 pm)
Looks like good times...
do you have random happenings, crowd pictures? I took about 200 pictures there is a Convention Thread here a few pages back they are posted

How long do dessert parties generally last? They chased myself and a nice lady out of the room at 1am.

:cool:

MaryTeresa

Report this Jan. 19 2007, 5:06 pm

sounds like you had fun....
1 am??  Seems a little early for Vegas!!

:laugh:

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 19 2007, 5:20 pm

I had a blast I got to meet my childhood heros Shatner and Nimoy.

MaryTeresa

Report this Jan. 19 2007, 5:39 pm

how overwhelming do you think this convention will be?
Ive only been to the Secaucus one this past November.

Trekwolf164