Legacy for 360

thaspaceman

Report this Jan. 09 2007, 4:01 pm

I know I can't be alone.....I haven't played the PC version of this game because I heard it was a piece of (fill in word), but I have the 360 version....and I have to say.  I love it.  The controls take some getting used to....but I am really enjoying it.  I do think that game is only going to be exciting for real Trek fans and not the casual trek fan or casual gamer.  Anyone else with thoughts that actually owns the 360 version.....

startrekfan5171

Report this Jan. 09 2007, 4:15 pm

hey i argee just got legacy on 360 today and have to said its a pretty good game the controls are a bit hard to get used to but i'll get the hang of it i like the look of the game warp drive looks really cool so ya on a scale of 1/10 i'll give it a 7 out of 10 good but could be better

Shaun555

Report this Jan. 09 2007, 4:19 pm

It's coming in the mail, hopefully I'll enjoy it! :D

thaspaceman

Report this Jan. 09 2007, 5:11 pm

Quote (startrekfan5171 @ Jan. 09 2007, 1:15 pm)

Just wait....it gets better the more confortable you get with the controls.....

DIRGE

POSTS: 1989

Report this Jan. 09 2007, 7:21 pm

Yeah. The game is good on 360.

startrekfan5171

Report this Jan. 11 2007, 2:47 pm

Quote (thaspaceman @ Jan. 09 2007, 5:11 pm)
[/quote]
Just wait....it gets better the more confortable you get with the controls.....

ya your rite i'm getting good at it now finding it really ez to get in to fireing range and one thing chargeing the score from 7/10 to 8.5/10 cuz had a sikermish (soz if its spell wrong) today and it was fing great!!!

thaspaceman

Report this Jan. 16 2007, 3:52 pm

Quote (startrekfan5171 @ Jan. 11 2007, 11:47 am)
Quote (thaspaceman @ Jan. 09 2007, 5:11 pm)
[/quote]
Just wait....it gets better the more confortable you get with the controls.....

The online servers for multiplayer battles are kind of crappy....but the actual game and skirmishes are amazing....and I like the controls......I'm pretty sure they will upload a patch through xbox live that will fix the multiplayer problems.

SpaceRanger68

Report this Jan. 21 2007, 5:35 pm

I really have enjoyed the game so far (got it 4 chistmas) but I am currently stuck on the first Tng/Picard level, saving the planets from the core frgments...any suggestions?

dwaxe

Report this Jan. 29 2007, 4:38 pm

I love it!
I took me an hour for me to get used to all the controls and 4 hours to master them, but I got the hang of it! I beat the game at ensign level. I got 500+ gamerscore from it in 1 week. You gotta love it. If you're in Xbox Live, host your own game, make the fleet size 2, choose TNG as your era and have it be 1v1. Also make the command point limit 70000. The go to the next screen, choose a borg cube and obelisk as your ships, and go own the person who joins you...

Put the difficulty on ensign and get a scout ship. Scouts are fast and maneuverable. After you  put the turrets in the right spots keep on tractoring and smashing asteroids against the smaller ones.
P.S. That's not the first TNG episode...

Jarrstin

Report this Feb. 01 2007, 6:19 pm

I have it on the PC and I love it! And the graphics look so much better on my computer than on the 360!

I have 12 legacy images there. =D

BTW, playing a cube 1vs1 is LAME unless the other person is a cube as well. It doesn't take any skill at all. But, if I ever get a 360, or if you ever get a PC version of the game, I'll challenge you and defeat you with a Defiant, Nebula, or Galaxy class. =)

Taddesse

Report this Feb. 04 2007, 6:43 pm

I thought the graphics were cool and the story was definitely cool.
The part that really disappointed me was how dry and flat the voice acting is for all the actors. I love Patrick Stewart but I felt like he was counting his cash from the paycheck while doing the voice acting. The voice acting for Armada was great.

And I finished the game in three days. Too many games these days are designed with more Xbox Live play in mind that just single player mode.

TypicalChaos

Report this Feb. 06 2007, 1:47 am

Quote (SpaceRanger68 @ Jan. 20 2007, 6:35 pm)

I'm stuck here too.

CaptainSpandex

Report this Feb. 06 2007, 3:37 am

I was a little surprised at which direction Bethesda chose to go with the game. Considering the fact that their bread-and-butter game series is Elder Scrolls, a sprawling RPG epic, I somehow expected the game to be more than just a straight space-battle sim. I would seriously love it if future games focused a bit more on people inside the ships or space stations, like the old SNES games.

That said, Legacy for 360 is a blast. The only real point of contention is the multiplayer limitations... and also maybe difficulty. What can I say? I really hate looking at 'Game Over' screens.

startrekfan1984

Report this Feb. 08 2007, 5:31 pm

I have just bought and i think they could of done better with the control system and camera but overall i rate 6 out of 10.. good game could be alot better if they sorted those to issuse out

Alisium

Report this Feb. 09 2007, 4:28 am

Some comment's I have made at other sites. BTW, I have the 360 version also.

Another issue I am having is the scaling.

Yeah this is a bit nit-picky but deal with it.

First are the stars. Well they really arn't stars. Instead it's more like space debris as i had a few stars in between my warp nacells.

Another is the panets and distances. Those planets are barely bigger than the ships. You can get with in 100 m of the planets and your ship is still almost as big.

i would have expected a little more realism from this generation of graphics. Especially for the 360 and from Trek. (I guess its another case of me overrating Trek officials.)

The controlls are good to, though as a matter of physics, I doubt ships would bank the exact way they do in Legacy. Infact, I bet they would be a lot more manuverable than the game portrays. Perhaps in Legacy II they'll get it right.

Despite all that bitching. I love the game and glad I have it. I havn't played live yet and I suspect that's where most of the enjoyment will come from.