Creation London 2007

USSLexington

Report this Jan. 07 2007, 6:26 pm

I've just come back from the Creation convention here in London, and having finally climbed out of my Wrath of Khan uniform, was curious about what others thought of it. I'm sure there were some other members there, so I thought I'd ask.

Jadzia22

Report this Jan. 09 2007, 10:25 am

I went on the Sunday. And for the past 2 years i have gone to this specific convention i must admit i was a little dissapointed. Mainly the price, i have NEVER paid that much for a creation convention EVER! Oh i picked up the flu by the lovely lady infront of me coughing her guts up -_-'

But the guests were great, Stewart more so then Conner and Dominic. All were funny and great guys and definatly worth the 2 hour journey there, but not worth the money for the god damn seats.

WAnglais1

Report this Jan. 09 2007, 3:30 pm

I was there Saturday and missed Lexington.  (Sorry.)  The con was very small.  My friends I stayed with were shocked that I paid 20 pounds to get in.  Creation has charged more for less before.  It was small, but okay.  The dealers room was too small.  What was up with that?

Sorry you got the flu, 21Jadzia.

Jadzia22

Report this Jan. 10 2007, 11:21 am

The dealers room has allways been that small im afraid.

USSLexington

Report this Jan. 11 2007, 12:42 pm

If you want a big dealers room, look for events held at the Norbreck Castle Hotel in Blackpool. Not always Trek events, other sci-fi too, but worth it anyway!

I didn't mind the dealers room... for the size of the event I wasn't expecting anything more. Glad everyone had fun though.

WAnglais1... you bad man! :)

number1snumber1lover

Report this Jan. 12 2007, 8:44 am

I was there Saturday and had a great time! It was my first ever con so I didn't know what to expect. Do they get a hell of a lot bigger and better in London? (I know they do in America!;)

Jadzia22

Report this Jan. 12 2007, 11:49 am

There are bigger conventions but over the past 3 that i have been too they havnt gotten that much bigger. Thou Patrick Stweart is probably the biggest they have had in London.

Salter1701

Report this Jan. 12 2007, 1:08 pm

I didnt make it down this time. Couldnt be bothered with the Journey too London. Tooo far.

Spyda

Report this Jan. 17 2007, 4:18 pm

I forgot to go, I got the dates wrong

HAL2005

Report this Jan. 19 2007, 5:37 am

I went for the full weekend and I was disapointed with there so called 'Celebrity Cabaret Performance' and 'DESSERT PARTY'
I've seen more cabaret at my daughters school, and I've been to funerals more interesting than the party.
I can't fault the actors I just thought creation had let the fans down with such a cheap set up. Posters gaffer taped to the walls, not enought desserts at party, pitiful dealers room,
the hotel was a joke, has anyone ever been in a lift that slow before, and having to come and via the emergency exit becasue they couldn't get the door fixed!
I'll wright more when I get back from the shops

tonyridge

Report this Jan. 19 2007, 10:36 am

yep the caberat and the desert party were pretty poor

HAL2005

Report this Jan. 19 2007, 1:41 pm

Also I know Patrick Stewart is a big star and doesn't normally sign items in person but ¿45 for an autograph was a bit steep,
If mine hadn't come with the weekend ticket I'm not sure I would have coughed up that much, on top of my entrance ticket.
These convention people should realise that a large portion of Star Trek fans are people on low budgets.
I saw quite a few elderly people in the audiance for Patricks stint on sunday. And I doubt if they were all bank rolled by large pensions.
any one know of an actor charging more than ¿45 for an autograph let me know otherwise I think we just entered the guinness book of records for this one.

Jadzia22

Report this Jan. 20 2007, 8:30 am

Paying 69.90 for the Sunday pass was WAY too step. 3 years ago i only paid 30 odd which incl. autgraphs and a decent seat and that was for Nana Visitor and Robert Duncan McNeil.

If its that much next year im not going.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 20 2007, 8:33 am

Quote (21Jadzia @ Jan. 20 2007, 8:30 am)

If its that much next year im not going.

You must see a Vegas convention

Jadzia22

Report this Jan. 20 2007, 8:37 am

Its probably cheaper. I have noticed Creation arnt very good when converting currency, Chase Masterson was charging 15 pounds for a autograph. She chargs 15 dollors in the US, the US convention goers are getting it cheaper. And its the same company.

Users browsing this forum: Narada, 22123magic