Convention Question

Spyda

Report this Oct. 28 2006, 8:48 am

I've never been to a convention before but I hope to go to the upcoming one in London. The website only mentions the Gold package, what other packages are there and what do ¿ you get with these packages?

Spyda

Report this Nov. 05 2006, 1:07 pm

So...does no one know or am I just being ignored?

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Nov. 05 2006, 1:24 pm

If you were to attend The Gold package would be the way to go . It gets you first ups for photo's and autographs. Otherwise you have to buy tickets ala carte for everything you want.
I just attended the Vegas con Gold was top Captains chair was close and the other was Preferred I had the third and would have rather had a Gold or Captains package.

Spyda

Report this Nov. 06 2006, 2:39 pm

ST_Fan_811

Report this Nov. 06 2006, 3:49 pm

Yes, I would go with Gold if your finances allow it.  But yes, there will be other ticket options.  Usually, there is also Preferred seating, which will be right behind Gold seating.  I believe with Preferred seating, you only get a reserved seat in the auditorium all weekend, and that's it.  Then there's General seating, which guarantees you an unreserved seat in the auditorium.  It's the most economical way to go.

But like I said, if you can, go with Gold.  It has the most perks.

WAnglais1

Report this Nov. 07 2006, 10:15 am

Depends on what you want/need.  Gold if you're an autograph hound and want them.  Individual days or so if you only need a signature or two.  I've done both, and have been to so many lately that I just buy what I need instead of the Gold.

USSLexington

Report this Nov. 07 2006, 10:31 am

Having been to Vegas this year, with the Captain's Chair package, I don't think I'll bother with anything other that paying for general admission. I didn't see anything special about the extras.

StarbaseOperations

Report this Nov. 10 2006, 2:14 am

I also have a question...Is the place usually cool about asking the guests questions...or do they shove you along like record store signings?

I've met many celebrities...but I never met Shatner and I always wanted to get a photo and an autograph..which I pre-ordered for the NJ Convention.

How is Shatner when you meet him??...many have told me he isn't all too pleasant!!
Thanks,
J.T.K

ST_Fan_811

Report this Nov. 10 2006, 11:12 am

Yes, they are cool about guests asking questions, but you ask your questions when the star is on stage.  Sometimes, they will talk about what they are doing currently, but they will always take questions from the fans.

As far as Shatner, it depends on his mood.  Sometimes he is nice, but then other times, he can be a jerk.  Good luck!

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Nov. 10 2006, 4:43 pm

The Photo Op lines and autograph lines move like lightning. You are in the star's presence for about 15 seconds.

In the Autograph room you will actually meet Guest stars and they are very nice and will personalize their autographs, But The Autographs with creation tickets are done very fast with no personalization of Autographs.
Creation Ticket Autograph
Autograph Room

StarbaseOperations

Report this Nov. 11 2006, 1:36 pm

I kinda figured they moved fast...they probably sell so many tickets for autographs that they dont want to have to give refunds if time runs out on the celeb's clock.

It's a bit unfair considering you pay $120 to meet Shatner and get and autograph and you dont even get to have a 1 minute conversation with someone you've waited years to meet. I guess you have to be happy that you have the opportunity to see your item get signed??? Oh well...Im going tommorow one way or the other and as long as i get what i paid for I wont complain, :eyesroll:

Janeways_CommandCandidate

Report this Nov. 16 2006, 2:45 am

Anyone know if there's ever a con in Texas? I don't exactly have the funds to go out of state...

WAnglais1

Report this Nov. 16 2006, 11:20 am

Vulkon has one in Houston planned for next year.

HAL2005

Report this Nov. 19 2006, 6:32 pm

Hi
I've been to a couple of conventions but never on a gold ticket, so when the email about Londons 2007 40th convention and my disabilty money coinsided I said what the hell and bought one. I couldn't swing to the Metropol Hotel thought, but I have got a reservation in one around the corner for a third of the price and what the hell I'm only going to be sleeping in it, I will be spending most of the day at the Metropol.
Hope to meet some nice fellow trekkies there as I will be on my own (hubby and kids not invited) These events can get a bit lonely if you don't hit it off with the people sitting around you.

Anyone know what the registration for these events are like, as a gold ticket I get somthing called pre-registration. Does this mean I have to be there at the crack of dawn to register?
Anyone know what the schedual for the first day is likly to be?:eyesroll:

WAnglais1

Report this Nov. 20 2006, 9:32 am

Usually with the pre-registration you can pick stuff up the night before the con starts.  That's how it works here, anyway.

I will more than likely be there Saturday.  Hope to see some fellow Trek fans from The States there.