london covention 2007

juliandaxmogh

Report this Oct. 18 2006, 8:18 pm

Hi there

about the the 40 aniversary convention in london

who going ?

do you know whom is selling tickets ?

i there any club star trek clubs that people go to ?

i have not bee to a covention since the one in hyde park in london

where in england do they sell startrek uniforms

i have been a fan for a long long time , but only 28 , male

also looking a future trek loving girl friend

adam

adam_rands@hotmail.com

juliandaxmogh

Report this Oct. 18 2006, 8:20 pm

Quote (juliandaxmogh @ Oct. 18 2006, 8:18 pm)
Hi there

about the the 40 aniversary convention in london

who going ?

do you know whom is selling tickets ?

i there any club star trek clubs that people go to ?

i have not bee to a covention since the one in hyde park in london

where in england do they sell startrek uniforms

i have been a fan for a long long time , but only 28 , male

also looking a future trek loving girl friend

adam

adam_rands@hotmail.com

beam me up scotty and make it so!!!! :rookie:

USSLexington

Report this Oct. 19 2006, 9:32 am

Quote (juliandaxmogh @ Oct. 18 2006, 8:20 pm)
Quote (juliandaxmogh @ Oct. 18 2006, 8:18 pm)
Hi there

about the the 40 aniversary convention in london

who going ?

do you know whom is selling tickets ?

i there any club star trek clubs that people go to ?

i have not bee to a covention since the one in hyde park in london

where in england do they sell startrek uniforms

i have been a fan for a long long time , but only 28 , male

also looking a future trek loving girl friend

adam

adam_rands@hotmail.com

beam me up scotty and make it so!!!! :rookie:

Okay... Hi Adam, first things first... I'm a guy, so I can't help you with your last request, but I'll try and help you with the rest.

Myself and few other friends of mine were thinking about attending. The only problem is that it's a Creation event and neither myself or two of the girls coming with me have any love for Creation. It's debatable as to whether we'll go... but it's not out of the question.

At the moment tickets are only being sold on the Creation website, and if you want to drop ¿290. for a convention ticket, feel free to visit their website http://www.creationent.com and shop! My friends and I are waiting and might just buy a General Admission ticket on the door, if we feel up to going.

Star Trek Clubs are in short order these days, most of the ones I knew about or visited are long gone. sorry. Although, I should say, if you live in or near London, or visit it on occasion, go to Page's Bar. They will help you with all things sci-fi. particularly Trek. I'll try and find their details and get them to you.

I was also at Hyde Park. It wasn't a con. It was an exhibition with a souvenier shop. I was there with a Klingon and a Trill. It wasn't bad. (we went to Hamley's and Harrods afterwards while still in uniform... that was fun! )

Uniforms. Once again I have to apologise on this one. You're about 10 years too late. You used to be able to pick them up in most sci-fi shops (Forbidden Planet etc...) but not now. You could get lucky and find the odd one somewhere but you'd be looking for a while! I would suggest attending a Convention or a Memorabilia fair and buying one there. There are always an abundance of uniforms for sale at those events, otherwise go online to http://www.kronosone.co.uk or http://www.warp-one.co.uk these companies are in Wales and can supply you with uniforms. Good Luck.

Good luck with the girlfrind though.

WAnglais1

Report this Oct. 19 2006, 9:51 am

I'm thinking about coming over from the States.  I have to get Colm's signature on a poster (only Jeri Ryan will remain then to have all the first four casts).  Like USS Lexington, I have little love for Creation, but fear I will buy my airline and hotel space and then Colm will drop out.  He did it twice for the Vegas con, but since he lives in Spain now, it might be easier for him to get there.

USSLexington

Report this Oct. 19 2006, 12:38 pm

I understand the desire to get things signed... I went to vegas for Nichelle Nichols, Grace Lee Whitney, Majel Barett and William Shatner!! They rarely (if ever) visit these shores... But if you're prepared to come over for a Creation event, think about attending the Starfleet Ball (or SFB) in Bournemouth in February. There's one every year, so if you can't make 2007, there are others.

Salter1701

Report this Oct. 20 2006, 4:21 pm

I think i'll be going.  I went to the one April last year and that was excellent, Colm was suppose to attend that one but couldnt make it.  So I hope to see him at this one!

Jadzia22

Report this Nov. 07 2006, 9:27 am

Im going but only for Friday and Saturday as i have to be back in Bradford on Sunday to hand in work at the University. Then im back home.

WAnglais1

Report this Nov. 07 2006, 10:13 am

Colm is currently in London performing in "A Moon For The Misbegotten."  He's playing the Dad.  Kevin Spacey is also in the cast.  Wish I could get there ahead of time to see it!

USSLexington

Report this Nov. 07 2006, 10:34 am

Just a "head's up" for Juliandaxmogh... If you're still looking for a trek loving girlfriend, try checking out "Trek passions" online dating! I was talking to a friend about setting up an online dating site for sci-fi fans, and lo-and-behold, somebody already has!!
It makes interesting reading

Jadzia22

Report this Nov. 09 2006, 11:38 am

Alexander Siddig.Siddig El Faddil has been added to the list :D

USSLexington

Report this Nov. 09 2006, 11:43 am

Now I have to go! Great! I didn't really want to give any more money to Creation, but with the way this list is growing... I might have to.

WAnglais1

Report this Nov. 09 2006, 12:53 pm

I got to spend a little time with Alexander once.  He's the tiniest man I have ever met.  Seriously, I have a leg that weighs more than him!  A bunch of us at a really informal Con sat around a bar and chatted for a couple of hours one afternoon.  He's just too nice.

Jadzia22

Report this Nov. 12 2006, 10:01 am

Quote (USSLexington @ Nov. 09 2006, 7:43 pm)

I would wait a little longer alot of them have this habit of cancelling. Especially Colm Meany.

WAnglais1

Report this Nov. 13 2006, 3:03 pm

Quote (21Jadzia @ Nov. 12 2006, 10:01 am)
Quote (USSLexington @ Nov. 09 2006, 7:43 pm)

Yeah, but he's in town doing a play, and lives in Spain (from what I understand), so it looks like he really might be there.

USSLexington

Report this Nov. 14 2006, 7:34 am

Quote (WAnglais1 @ Nov. 13 2006, 3:03 pm)
Quote (21Jadzia @ Nov. 12 2006, 10:01 am)
Quote (USSLexington @ Nov. 09 2006, 7:43 pm)

Hope springs eternal.