random jottings

lalume

Report this Sep. 26 2006, 11:25 pm

Am watching Pervez Musharraf on The Daily Show right now. Clearly very intelligent and thoughtful, quick-witted, and so forth. But as I listen one thought preoccpies me: Why is it that our president, Mr. Bush, cannot speak English as well as this gentleman?

Tango_Sierra

Report this Sep. 26 2006, 11:26 pm

not everyone is born eloquent.

Constable_Odo_1

Report this Sep. 26 2006, 11:42 pm

Quote (AndorianShowerz @ Sep. 26 2006, 11:26 pm)
not everyone is born eloquent.

Indeed. It takes practice.

blazerpete

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 12:19 am

At least he's not wasting his time conversing with strangers (and I mean that) at midnight on a Star Trek chat site. Get a life. Sure to enrage...

thenewjourney

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 12:32 am

Hey, why learn correct english when your daddy was an alumni of the same college. He probably donated a new wing to the language arts section ;)

Constable_Odo_1

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 12:39 am

Good point.

thenewjourney

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 1:56 am

Back to TOS.  I created a rudimentary short test video using a scale model and PC based software.  It will hopefully be a precursor of a full length story to be filmed using some virtual sets and regional talent.  I threw in some of the original Alexander Courage sound track.  The video is in my Yahoo Group at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/planetxmodelclub/  You will need a yahoo ID as well as quick time player
Enjoy, Michael

Passionfruit

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 2:48 am

Quote (blazerpete @ Sep. 27 2006, 6:19 am)

What's wrong with strangers, the fact that you never know if they belong to the axis of evil?

Renaikan

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 3:48 am

Quote (blazerpete @ Sep. 27 2006, 12:19 am)

How do you know? You spend time with him at the White House?  :eyesroll:

My_Mind_Is_Closed_On_Week
ends

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 4:34 am

I could go for a slice of carrot cake.
(Sorry, it just popped into my mind.)

ssmukhi

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 5:08 am

Many people here are no longer strangers to me.

Passionfruit

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 7:24 am

Quote (Renaikan @ Sep. 27 2006, 9:48 am)
Quote (blazerpete @ Sep. 27 2006, 12:19 am)

How do you know? You spend time with him at the White House?  :eyesroll:

:laugh: Who knows, probably he's having fun by spamming this very message board.

NebulaClash

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 10:49 am

What is more scary that the leader of the free world has a hard time putting together sentences extemporaneously, is the fact that millions of people in America think this is a strength of his and a further reason to support him.  Anti-intellectualism is alive and well.

PeregrineC

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 1:06 pm

:p

PeregrineC

Report this Sep. 27 2006, 1:12 pm

But, seriously.  If this is just for random jottings....
This week, a very close work friend of mine passed away.  When I say work friend, I mean that he and I never socialized outside of work...but we developed a pretty good friendship here at work.  He was much older than I.  He died after a lengthy illness.  What is kind of hard is that due to the nature of his position here, he wasn't on many folks radar...most people are asking, "who was so and so anyhow"?  Despite the fact that he held an important mission critical positon.  Makes me mad and very sad.  This is the first friend I have lost to death.  It's been a difficult week.