For those in Vegas

Kolinahr7

Report this Aug. 17 2006, 7:44 pm

For those of you lucky enough to be in Vegas this weekend, please post your pictures as soon as possible for the rest of us to see. I know I am anxious to see what it looked like.

Please...let us live vicariously through you.

Hope you are all having fun.

fuznik

Report this Aug. 20 2006, 11:54 pm

I had a blast.  Las Vegas, however, was perhaps the worst place I've ever visited in my entire life and i hope to god that I never have to go back there for any reason.  Yes, I found it.that.bad.

The convention rocked.  I am worried for Jolene Blalock, after being taken from the convention in an ambulance in front of a lot of fans.

Rude

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 12:55 am

Alright...

Seriously, where are the pictures?!

I'd even settle for a few first hand accounts or stories. Apparently Jolene Blalock was taken to the hospital after passing out and the only thing mentioned about that around here was an off the cuff remark?~

It's like the biggest ST convention isn't even really happening or something. I can't believe that not one person logged on during the whole weekend to blog about it!

-Rude

pattirose

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 9:00 am

All I can say is WOW!
It was a blast!
It was sooooooo much fun!
I am so happy I went!

jcnx01

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 1:19 pm

Hey, we posted loads of pics and text (more coming soon!;) at www.dvdgeeks.tv/blog

trekker670

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 2:50 pm

I went in July and HATED Vegas as a city, literally all we did was go from the Airport to the hilton. My dad did want to go around so we did a little, it was TERRIBLE!!!! There was at least 1 of the Prostitute Magazine Stands on every block!!!!

Rude

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 3:58 pm

Awesome!

Thanx jcnx01 for your link... now that's what i'm talking about. I had expected blogs all over the net to be brimming with that kind of coverage.

Nice costume by the way~

-Rude

PS- Is anyone else besides me getting sick of Takei specifically, and Q&A speakers generally, using these events as soapboxes to air their political views?

ringoneck

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 5:23 pm

Word...I was soooo disappointed in the rantings and ravings of "the three"...regardless of political persuasion...it was my first convention, and I was incredibly let down by their session.  Luckily, I was there for three days and otherwise got plenty of THE REASON I WAS THERE.  I'll save some of my pov as I sense this could be a topic in the days to come.  My sig is appropos.

fuznik

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 5:58 pm

Anyone know what happened to Blalock?

eveningstar1

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 9:26 pm

NBC News correspondent Donna Gregory reported live from the convention for CNBC's "On the Money" (airing at 7 p.m. ET every weeknight). See her report, including the 6-minute video, at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14451247

jcnx01

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 9:40 pm

Hey, thanks for the kind words on our blog. There will be more coming!!!
As far as Takei, Nichols, Koenig -- I have to disagree that somehow their panel was "inappropriate." Regardless of your political leanings, "Star Trek" has always been a show about relevance -- political or social or racial etc. I think it was refreshing to see these three go "off script" and speak from the heart. After 40 years, I'm glad to hear them speak as people instead of always answering questions about favorite episodes. Again, if you didn't agree, wasn't it exciting to see 10,000 people in a room get worked up about _ideas_ rather than just celebrity. Kudos also to Takei for taking what could have been even more charged or uncomfortabel and turning it around into something positive and relative to the "Star Trek" discussions at hand.

Cheers to all,

Nirmanakaya

Report this Aug. 21 2006, 11:46 pm

Quote (eveningstar1 @ Aug. 20 2006, 10:26 pm)

thanks for the link!  Good coverage ... but one ugly vulcan!  Sorry.

Captain_Windu

POSTS: 12002

Report this Aug. 22 2006, 12:00 am

Quote (fuznik @ Aug. 22 2006, 3:58 pm)
Anyone know what happened to Blalock?

She got sick.

Rude

Report this Aug. 22 2006, 1:22 am

Hey Again,

Alright jcnx01, even more updates and pix... keep 'em coming! You're the first to have pictures of Wang & Bakula sporting their ridiculous rock-star hairdos~  :D

Anyway, i think if the stars want to speak their mind, ya' know... politically, that's all well and good. The First Amendment is great, sure. But how about specifically devoting a panel to it. Something like "Trek & Politics" or "George Bush Betrays Your Trek Ideals So You Should Hate Him Like We Do"...

That way, people who simply want to enjoy the weekend convention devoted to a 40 year old fantasy sci-fi show can decide not to participate in whatever *that* was.

It's not about being "appropriate" so much as having respect for the fact that not everyone wants to hear your opinion on a topic that, really... has nothing to do with Star Trek's 40th Anniversary.

End of rant.

-Rude

PS- Sorry we disagree, but i really enjoy your blog! Keep up the good work~

juise15

Report this Aug. 22 2006, 1:48 am

Ugly Vulcan is right, lol.  I forgot to wear my Admiral's uniform that day so I missed out :(

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam