Why creation makes me mad

juise15

Report this Aug. 04 2006, 2:55 pm

First off some of us paid almost 1000 dollars for tickets pictures and etc to go to this convention.  I called today and asked about pictures that I can take with my own camera and they say

"you can only take pictures from your seat, if you get up out of your seat to go to the front you will be escorted back to your seat."

so if you are in row 200 and your favorite actor comes up, and he lookes like an ant; according to creation you cannot go up and snap a picture.  This I feel is wrong.  Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Commander_Cody

Report this Aug. 04 2006, 2:57 pm

Get a camera with a zoom or telephoto lens. Not making fun, just trying to help.

juise15

Report this Aug. 04 2006, 2:58 pm

well they wont allow stuff that looks like cameras in, and i dont want to be expelled from the convention

Commander_Cody

Report this Aug. 04 2006, 3:01 pm

In your first post you said you're only allowed to take pictures from your seat. It doesn't make any sense if you can't take a camera with you.
:whatthe:

juise15

Report this Aug. 04 2006, 3:03 pm

cant take a video camera in the convention but a regular digital camera without video is acceptable

Commander_Cody

Report this Aug. 04 2006, 3:08 pm

Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 04 2006, 3:03 pm)

Oh, okay, I understand now. If you have the money though, you could try and find one of those hidden video cameras but I'm sure the picture quality wouldn't be that great, just an idea.

Have fun at the convention, who knows, they may record it and sell the DVDs later.

juise15

Report this Aug. 04 2006, 4:25 pm

I went to radioshack today and got one of those cameras that shoots on a memory card.  looks just like a digital camera.

fuznik

Report this Aug. 05 2006, 11:17 pm

My digital camera takes a crappy 30 second video (but awesome photos w/ amazing zoom).

Would I be able to bring that in and take still photos from my seat?

ST_Fan_811

Report this Aug. 06 2006, 12:11 am

Of course. ¿As long as you don't take video, you can take as many pics as you want.

Just a quick note, if you are in row 200 (even though they don't go that high :) ), you can usually get up and stand up against the wall on the sides, and you'll be closer than row 200 at that point. ¿As long as you keep an aisle open for emergencies and so forth, they don't really care much.

fuznik

Report this Aug. 06 2006, 2:09 am

Sweet. I have no idea what row I'm in.

As a side note, I bought my tickets a month before my boyfriend did. When we pick up our tickets in Vegas, will they at least assign us seats next to each other, or will we have to do the seat switching game with strangers?

JacksJam

Report this Aug. 06 2006, 11:52 am

Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 04 2006, 3:03 pm)

Are the video restrictions only for the main auditorium with guests? Can you take video of action taking place in hallways, dealers' room, etc.?

I have DirecTV and get that new channel G4. They are broadcasting live from Vegas and the convention that week, I believe. Everyone should set their tivos to record it. Surely there will be enough footage for a keepsake.

selestarlactica

Report this Aug. 06 2006, 5:09 pm

Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 04 2006, 2:55 pm)
First off some of us paid almost 1000 dollars for tickets pictures and etc to go to this convention. ¿I called today and asked about pictures that I can take with my own camera and they say

so if you are in row 200 and your favorite actor comes up, and he lookes like an ant; according to creation you cannot go up and snap a picture. ¿This I feel is wrong. ¿Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Honestly, nothing is more irritating for those who aren't taking pictures to have someone stand directly in their way clicking away with their camera. Would you want someone in front of you blocking your view? Its a courtesy to the other attendees and a way to avoid any upset convention goers.
If you can stand at the sides as someone suggested, I would do that instead.

juise15

Report this Aug. 07 2006, 1:45 am

Quote (selestarlactica @ Aug. 07 2006, 4:09 pm)
Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 04 2006, 2:55 pm)
First off some of us paid almost 1000 dollars for tickets pictures and etc to go to this convention. ?I called today and asked about pictures that I can take with my own camera and they say

so if you are in row 200 and your favorite actor comes up, and he lookes like an ant; according to creation you cannot go up and snap a picture. ?This I feel is wrong. ?Thoughts and comments appreciated.

If you can stand at the sides as someone suggested, I would do that instead.

Sounds like you either work for Creation or something is up.  Really sounds like a message I received the other day.

JacksJam

Report this Aug. 07 2006, 9:58 am

Quote (JimmyTone @ Aug. 06 2006, 11:52 am)
Quote (juise15 @ Aug. 04 2006, 3:03 pm)

I'd still like an answer to my question about video in the hallways... anyone... anyone...

fuznik

Report this Aug. 07 2006, 11:38 am

It says on the creation website that no video at the convention. I would guess that mean anywhere that is a part of the convention. I'm sure you could do it outside on the sidewalks, but I wouldn't chance it inside the Hilton anywhere.