U.S.S. Exeter

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 09 2006, 12:26 am

So here you are, looking for a sim that will catch your interest. You may be new, and unsure of what you are looking for. Or maybe you are an experienced player who knows the types of fleets and sims that are out there. In either case, many of you look at what you see on these boards and say, what happened to the core theme of Star Trek?

No doubt there. I spent a long time searching this board looking for something that I couldn't find. What did I want? A simple ship that explored the unknowns of space and the human spirit. I didn't want a Federation overrun by the Borg. I didn't want a sim set in the 25th century. I didn't want a ship flung to the far reaches of the universe. Right on the edge of Federation space were countless places just waiting to be explored.

And so, I offer you a ship that will take you back to the theme of the Orginal Series and the Next Generation. We will explore scientific phenomena, engage in first contact with unknown alien races, keep the peace in Federation worlds, and, best of all, interact with a crew of diverse, unique, and creative characters.

Are you interested? Take a look.

U.S.S. Exeter

The Exeter is an Ambassador class ship, assigned to explore the reaches of the Beta Quadrant in the year 2379. The story begins right where Nemesis leaves off, with the Romulan Empire in chaos from Shinzon's failed coup, and Cardassia recovering from the Dominion War. As the Federation struggles to prop these two powers up as it tries to recover itself, who might take advantage of its weakness? What allies and new technologies are waiting to be discovered on that frontier? Come find out with us.

Several people so far have expressed an interest in joining, but haven't finalized their bio yet. As such, please consider the positions of Chief Medical Officer, Counsellor, and Strategic Operations Officer as taken. Executive Officer is open, however I stress that there will be out of character work assigned to this (such as weekly simulation reports and post of the month).

If you have any questions, my contact information is on the website.

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 10 2006, 8:48 am

I am still in critical need of:
Chief of Security/Tactical
Chief Engineer
Chief Operations Officer

Other available positions are:
Chief Science Officer
All Assistant Positions

Captain_Ferguson

Report this Apr. 10 2006, 11:43 am

I take it you either work on or are a Starship Exeter fan.

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 17 2006, 2:34 pm

Actually, no. I just found the name on DITL.org and thought it sounded good.

Anyway, I could really use a Chief of SEC/TAC for the upcoming mission. We're launching from Starbase 718 and beginning our mission now, with a crew of 6. We also need a Chief Engineer and Chief Science Officer.

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 9:48 am

Alright, everyone. SEC/TAC has been taken, but I'm still looking for a good engineer. If you aren't sure whether you want to join, keep in mind that we have seven active crew and an average of at least one post out every day.

APope

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 11:57 am

I'm interested, but unfortunately my summer job would get in the way.  Think I could still join in September?

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 1:14 pm

Yep. Trust me, we'll still be around then. You might even join in time for the "season finale" mission.

Clyde_Argon

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 6:19 pm

uh is this done by forum or AOL

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 6:28 pm

Email. The site is used to post logs and sim announcements, but all sim posting is done by email.

Clyde_Argon

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 6:50 pm

Just finished application read soon please!

Clyde_Argon

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 6:52 pm

i did the app activation and it said there was an error

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 6:53 pm

One minute and I'll have you up and running.

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 6:55 pm

Second Officer is a position I will be selecting out of my crew for. Please pick another open post.

If you just inform me of what else you might want, I can take your present bio and put it there.

Clyde_Argon

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 6:58 pm

what chief of boat

captain_dantes

Report this Apr. 18 2006, 6:59 pm

If you're asking what Chief of the Boat is, it is the enlisted equivalent of XO. However, since we have no enlisted crew, its really a moot position at this point.