Fresh New Question

MORPHES_0

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 10:48 am

I know this has been done but i think its time for a re-fresh!
So the question is: What class will you be?  and what classes do you think there should be?
i think) there is already:
Tactical, Medical, Conn, Science, enginering theresgoing to be a security (that might go to the tactical Ofiicer) but i dont realy know...
also will you go for captian or more?
tell me what you think!

(i know i cant spell :(  )

lucky326

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 11:31 am

ill probably be security or tactical and you cant just choose to be captain you have to work your way up to that rank

Philipp1980

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 12:59 pm

tactical is part of security I think, not sure about helm (could be part of engineering, but is no independent "class" last I heard), science and medical are most likely merged. Command... well, not available until later, when you have the necessary ranks, there is no command path to choose right from the begin, but you can switch into it at a later point.

I'll most likely go engineering, no plans to go higher than department head, but who knows? I might change my mind and go all the wayto fleet admiral ;)

Xenesis

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 1:10 pm

The title is misleading! this thread needs to be locked! :p

As far as we know, three main departments will be available to choose from. Tactical/Security, Science, Engineering, Medical is part of Science, Flight will probably be part of Engineering or Tactical(I would guess engineering), Command is a seperate line that you can work on at the expense of your main profession.

I'd like to try out all lines, but will probably try out Science/Medical first.

BeccaHarrison

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 2:13 pm

I think I will be an Engineer... I have always been partial to fixing stuff lol

Perpetual_Glen

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 2:15 pm

Just to put this question to rest, this is what we're currently thinking:

There are three departments: Science, Tactical/Security, and Engineering.  Each has specialties for both ground and space; medical is the stand-out example of a Science ground specialty.  This lets ground medical officers specialize in some other science field in the air, so they can be effective in both places.

You can work to rise in rank and command by sacrificing ground and space skills to buy leadership skills (which are useful in their own rights).  Some ranks (above a certain one) require an minimum amount of leadership skills to achieve.

The captain (leader of the group/crew) is the one who steers the ship, so the "conn" specialty has become a number of options within the set of leadership skills that he can pursue.

Hope this clears a few things up.

BeccaHarrison

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 2:22 pm

Quote (Perpetual_Glen @ Jan. 31 2006, 11:15 am)
Just to put this question to rest, this is what we're currently thinking:

There are three departments: Science, Tactical/Security, and Engineering. Each has specialties for both ground and space; medical is the stand-out example of a Science ground specialty. This lets ground medical officers specialize in some other science field in the air, so they can be effective in both places.

You can work to rise in rank and command by sacrificing ground and space skills to buy leadership skills (which are useful in their own rights). Some ranks (above a certain one) require an minimum amount of leadership skills to achieve.

Hope this clears a few things up.

It does and that sounds great, I can definatly see why on the conn part. I mean think about how boring it would be to be a helmsman and only be able to do something when the Captain wants to go somewhere lol.

Thanks for posting Glen

Philipp1980

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 2:39 pm

wow, actual information! I'm stunned!:O

Harmond

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 3:10 pm

Quote (Xenesis @ Jan. 31 2006, 10:10 am)
I'd like to try out all lines, but will probably try out Science/Medical first.

I agree, I will probable try out all three and also work up leadership to captain or higher.

Xenesis

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 3:59 pm

Hmm, Command is starting to sound like the power pools in city of heroes, flight, super speed, teleportation, leadership, medicine, which you could take skills in those pools along with your main pools no matter what archtypes you took, only in this case it's focused just in Command/Leadership.

Sounds like a good way to implement command profession into the game, hope there will be lots of specialties in the game to merit putting a ground or air specialty stamp on them.

LargerMarge

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 5:24 pm

neither fresh, nor new, nor even resembling the current structure *as originally titled.

lucky326

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 5:51 pm

hmm iv been thinking about being an admrial what are we gonna do as one because its basically an office job

Perpetual_Glen

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 8:03 pm

Quote (lucky326 @ Jan. 31 2006, 2:51 pm)

Admirals command Armadas in high level content.

CinCUFPForcesCardassia

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 9:16 pm

Quote (Perpetual_Glen @ Jan. 31 2006, 11:15 am)

Glen,

Thank you for your post!

I did have a concern with the quoted portion, and I just wanted to make sure that I read what I thought I read without jumping to any conclusions.

Is the quoted portion to say that the Flight Control officer as a separate officer with separate skills and his or her own console, has ceased to exist in your planning? That it's essentially been dissolved into the Command speciality, and not one you can persue as part of the Engineering or Tac/Security specialties?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

VulcanInfiltrator

Report this Jan. 31 2006, 11:54 pm

That's good, it gives the Captain something to do besides sit there and give orders. Two thumbs up!