Bridge Commander2

buck2rj

Report this Feb. 24 2005, 9:29 am

A Bridge Commander 2 would be the next good title for next PC game titled for Star Trek. It was a good game to play and still is even today but a update with new playable starships and a new campaign would be awesome, perhaps just an add-on pack would do... We just need more Star Trek games d-mnit!

Raj_19871

Report this Feb. 24 2005, 4:28 pm

If they are going to make a Bridge Commander 2 (I HOPE) it should be set after STAR TREK NEMESIS. :D And that it should be built on a better game engine maybe they same 1 for halo and they can have 2 discs instead of 1 so single player will be on 1 disc and can play multiplayer on the other so then multiplayer will be have more things put in and also the same with single player. :D

Tangent

Report this Feb. 24 2005, 5:03 pm

Sorry, they arn't going to make bridge commander 2. activision lost the contract for star trek, although i heard they were working on it when they lost it.

Raj_19871

Report this Feb. 24 2005, 7:22 pm

They should have finished it first then split. :angry:

Sovereign73811

Report this Feb. 24 2005, 11:24 pm

They were working on it when they lost it?! I didn't know that!!! Damn contracts! Bridge Commander was a ton of fun, and the storyline was pretty darn good, I would have liked to see it continue....

Raj_19871

Report this Feb. 25 2005, 10:14 am

Quote (Sovereign73811 @ Feb. 25 2005, 4:24 am)

You and me both, When would you like it to start from? in my last post i said if they were going to make a BC2 i hope it will be after nemesis and that the technology graphices will be just like Nemesis e.g. the shields and the other stuff i said before in my last post. :D

Sovereign73811

Report this Feb. 25 2005, 10:13 pm

I'm not sure where the time I would want. As long as I still had the Sovereign and the same crew (....yes....even Saffi...lol)

lDOSMANl

Report this Feb. 26 2005, 12:12 am

I HIGHLY doubt that anything was in development after BC's release. Activision was losing money with the Trek games and dropped the license themselves--it wasn't taken away from them. I bet the sales of Bridge Commander only contributed to that decision. Since the second payment of their multi-million dollar licensing fee was coming up, they decided to drop the license and sue Viacom instead.

In other words, blame Activision for Trek gaming's current situation.

captainandrews711

Report this Feb. 26 2005, 11:08 pm

Just keep downloading mods to it it makes it a whole different game every mod!

InuYasha

Report this Feb. 26 2005, 11:36 pm

I'm actually looking to buy BC. So if any one is willing to sell tell me and post it on ebay and give me the link. I would probably pay up to 5 dollars U.S. for an open box BC with instructions. Maybe up to 15 dollars U.S. for one that is like new, and around 20 for never been opened.

Captain_Storma

Report this Feb. 28 2005, 5:03 am

Make your own BC2! Go to BCFiles.com and download 100s of new ships, bridges and systems!!!

Stormsender

Report this Feb. 28 2005, 8:08 am

Bridge Commander rocks. I am supprised that Activision didn't do well with it?

spacemanspiff

Report this Feb. 28 2005, 11:40 am

Totally Games proposed an expansion pack to Activision and they rejected it, due to this Totally Games had to lay off a good portion of their staff after BC 1.1 was released.

BC was a great game...some people still play the multiplayer (even though it was a last minute afterthought add-on to the game)

Sovereign73811

Report this Mar. 01 2005, 9:50 pm

Why couldn't totally games make an expansion anyway?

Captain_Storma

Report this Mar. 02 2005, 4:46 pm

Download the unofficial expansion at bcfiles.com! It is better than any official version would have been!!! :)