BIRTH OF THE FEDERATION 2

ChiefONeill

Report this Jan. 09 2005, 2:05 pm

I love the turn based strat game of birth of the federation , we need a sequel its been long enuff, whos wif me :p

lDOSMANl

Report this Jan. 09 2005, 7:51 pm

^There are a LOT of people with you, including myself, but some publisher will need to purchase the TBS or strategy license from Viacom first OR Viacom will need to create or acquire their own in-house publishing company before a sequel is even possible.

In other words, it doesn't look too good, ...but you're in the same boat as the rest of us save for the MMO crowd.

The good news is that IF someone does pick up the proper license to make a sequel they will have access to all of Viacom's Star Trek properties (all eras).

LOL

Report this Jan. 12 2005, 8:20 am

Go to http://botfii.armadafleetcommand.com
There is a BOTF 2 in the making, made by Star Trek Fans for Star Trek Fans. :D

Pequod

Report this Jan. 14 2005, 10:48 am

I'm with the rest of you guys, I would love another BOTF, but I am afraid it is not going to happen.  I have heard there will be no more sequles to any of the Trek games.  The powers that be are devoting all their resources to the new multi player online game.   os we are SOL, too bad

lDOSMANl

Report this Jan. 19 2005, 11:36 pm

^Not true. The new MMOG is currently the only one in development because licenses for other game genres have not yet been sold to one or more new publishers. Once that happens there will be games in other genres, including turn-based strategy if they want.

There is even a new strategy game idea being discussed by "the powers that be". See the most recent official update HERE.

Pequod

Report this Jan. 20 2005, 11:18 am

I hope you are right, I would love to see another BOTF.  I have had that game for years and I still play it.  Possibly oneof the best trek games ever.  With a few improvemnts, such as more detailed space combat, and some upgrades to the build screens and nre galaxy options it would be great

Captain_Azari

Report this Feb. 07 2005, 10:22 am

I think a Sequel Would be nice the original was good

Boky001

Report this Feb. 07 2005, 5:06 pm

I would like to see a sequel................I am currently playing BOTF 1 over and over. I finished some 13 times........and  I can`t get enough :) Joke. I really hope they will make a sequel. I saw that link on ArmadaFleetCommand and it looks good. Check it out yourself.

DojhromTRW

Report this Feb. 12 2005, 8:36 pm

Quote (ChiefONeill @ Jan. 09 2005, 11:05 am)
I love the turn based strat game of birth of the federation , we need a sequel its been long enuff, whos wif me  :p

I agree here, Id love to have and updated version I modded the heck out of mine to make the battles longer more deady and closer to published specs

Deloravius

Report this Feb. 13 2005, 9:35 pm

I just want a TOS game!

CaptainCheney

Report this Feb. 20 2005, 3:51 pm

i Birth of the Federation 2 you should be aloud to run a minor race into power like the vulcans

Users browsing this forum: 22123magic