1st Person or 3rd Person

startrekiscool

Report this Dec. 05 2004, 10:21 pm

If the developers were to include just one option, would you prefer to play in first person view or third person view.

I would MUCH MUCH rather play in first person.  The game seems so much more realistic in first person... you can see everything your player see's in the way that they would see it.  It also makes it alot easier to aim weapons.

devs... you might want to look after this topic, this will be an important part of gameplay.

Tal_Shiar_Officer

Report this Dec. 05 2004, 10:34 pm

I would play in first person. I believe it is more immersive.

Thranin

Report this Dec. 05 2004, 10:38 pm

Quote (startrekiscool @ Dec. 05 2004, 11:21 am)
It also makes it alot easier to aim weapons.

If this is anything like any other mmo you wont be aiming weapons.

Admiral_Patrick

Report this Dec. 05 2004, 10:59 pm

Quote (Thranin @ Dec. 04 2004, 9:38 pm)
Quote (startrekiscool @ Dec. 05 2004, 11:21 am)
It also makes it alot easier to aim weapons.

If this is anything like any other mmo you wont be aiming weapons.

I hope it's not like any other MMO. I hope there will be an FPS aspect to it.

Tal_Shiar_Officer

Report this Dec. 05 2004, 11:04 pm

Now is not the time to debate how combat should be handled. Just say which view you'd prefer.

Killgan

Report this Dec. 05 2004, 11:40 pm

Both wuold be nice

ZeRo836

Report this Dec. 05 2004, 11:47 pm

I'd like to choose between both in-game.

Tal_Shiar_Officer

Report this Dec. 06 2004, 12:51 am

"f the developers were to include just one option"

Just pick, don't say both.

BeerMeal

Report this Dec. 06 2004, 3:15 am

Sigh...  I picked third person since it's more immersive to me.

But both should be available.  This shouldn't be an issue.

Aiten

Report this Dec. 06 2004, 4:06 am

Both!

Ok you say choose one, but I refuse to believe that they will be so narrow minded that they will only allow one perspective when 90% of other MMO's on the Market have BOTH options.  Therefore the question is completely pointless.

ian967

Report this Dec. 06 2004, 4:16 am

sorry to says this but you have the '3rd person' option wrong 3rd person is like tomb raider, enclave and head hunter 1+2
whereas you are saying 3rd person is the birds eye view such as pokemon, ST: away team and commandoes

any both should be in 3rd for flying around and 1st for combat

Admiral_Patrick

Report this Dec. 06 2004, 5:08 am

Aiten is right, they will probably have both.

flibble1701

Report this Dec. 06 2004, 8:42 am

both

nearly every mmorpg i played has had multiple viewing modes im guessing its going to  be no different for ST:O

look at eq 2 daoc SWG youll see what i mean its the best method imo

Nexus22

Report this Dec. 06 2004, 2:35 pm

I'd like both, but if I had to choose, 3rd person. I probally wouldn't play if it was 1st person (maybe). 1st person would be alright for boadring parties and skirmishes with NPCs, but not the main aspect of the game!

Effect

Report this Dec. 06 2004, 5:53 pm

Personally I'd rather have third-person. Granted you might not be as close to the action but I feel that it would make the game less graphics heavy. We don't want the game to require people to go out and buy top of the line graphics card, 2 gigs of ram or a whole new computer do we? That would greatly decrease the number of people that would play. Sure you are most likely going to have to upgrade something but that needs to be kept in mind I feel.

I actually wish it was being released on the Xbox or some other gaming console. That way if they did it 1st Person view or 3rd that the game would be designed to use the console where everyone had the same exact setup(made use of the harddrives) so the players would just have to worry about their connection speed. Buying a console would be money as well but most likely less month the having to upgrade their system and would have a wide varity of games they could play later on if they wanted.