Cardassian Union

Renor

Report this Nov. 25 2004, 2:44 pm

I'm hoping Perpetual takes the time needed to release this game and give a Majority of us what we want to see.

But I for one am hoping they include the Cardassian Union (not just the Cardassian Race), as a Faction for us to play at Launch.

If I must I will settle on a Cardassian in Starfleet, but I'm hoping to be able to join the Obsidian Order, and play as a member of the Union.

The Primary function of this Thread is to promote the addition of the Cardassian Race (and hopefully The Cardassian Union) to Star Trek: Online. It is understood that they won't be in at Launch (as much as we may hope), but we wish to show Perpetual that it will be worthwhile to include them in either the First or Second Expansion. This is a far thinking goal, but one I'm sure many Cardassian fans can get behind.

ColonelGraff

Report this Nov. 25 2004, 2:48 pm

Stated in numerous places that you'll only be able to be in the federation at launch.

Cormoran

Report this Nov. 25 2004, 3:22 pm

I'd love a Cardassian expansion pack. By far my favourite characters are Cardassians, they seemed to get some damned good actors to play them.

My favourite star trek episode is DS9: Duet.

now it may have been due to the absolutely awesome acting by Harris Yulin as Marritza/Gul Darhe'el but ever since then i've absolutely enjoyed the cardassians. i'd definately join the union if an expansion with them came out.

Thranin

Report this Nov. 25 2004, 3:48 pm

I would never play as a Cardassian but I would like to see them and many other races be added in expansions.

Daybreak

Report this Nov. 25 2004, 4:30 pm

I'd go Romulan first, Cardassian Second

I hope to see the Cardassians in a second expansion that will bring around the Dominion war.

Cormoran

Report this Nov. 25 2004, 5:06 pm

yeah infact i'd likely say both Romulan AND Klingon would come out before a Cardassian expansion. which is fine with me aswell. i'd love to see how they'd do the Klingon portion.

As a Dominion War plot in the expansion that would be VERY interesting to play as a Cardassian. you'd basically be starting as an oppressed citizen on your own homeworld and just like Dukat you'd hopefully get the option to defect somehow and fight against the dominion.

Maybe they could set it up online with an NPC Cardassian war against the federation that gets beaten back so they're once again in the position of needing to ally with the Dominion to survive.

Renor

Report this Nov. 25 2004, 5:15 pm

I'm not as worried about when they will be added, (as everyone and thier mother is quick to point out..it won't be at Launch...but I still dream), but the fact that when they are added I would like them to be able to be part of the Union. Not just in the Fed.

I'm hoping they will have access to a wide variety of spy and computer hacking Skills. Allowing them to be the devious characters they are.

artika

Report this Nov. 25 2004, 5:17 pm

ya i would like that too but i know it's just gonna b e starfleet :)

Renor

Report this Nov. 26 2004, 6:40 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on Cardassian (or any "evil" race) Missions. Exploring and First Contact would be nice, but will be able to decieve, subjugate, and spy on alien powers (both the Main (ie. Player) Races as well as NPC Races)?

And will we be forced into PvP situations or can we have a chance to redeem ourselves and be free of persecution?

I know there is at least one faction of Cardassians (and Romulans) who are looking to bring about a "new, better," civilization for their people. Will we have to be one of these, or will we be able to be "traditional" and carry on with the status quo?

In the end I find "evil" is in the eye of the "victim", many traditional Cardassians (and again Romulans) feel they are doing the right thing for all...it just so happens most other Races don't see their vision (ok so maybe it tends to put themselves in the center). For years Klingons where "evil" now they are one of the "good guys" without much change in their world view. I truely believe the same open-mindedness should be applied to Cardis.

Just don't castrate them like the Klingons were, a great Race reduced to Fed Lackeys...such a shame. If they had *any* honor left they would all commit ritual suicide. But alas even that bit decency was sucked from them as they feel into line with Fed dogma.  :grr:   (sorry...my Cardi Role Playing won't stay put sometimes...hope any Klingons out there don't take my statement the wrong way...after all it's not their fault they wern't born Cardassian)  ;)

Well those are just some random thoughts I was having today, hope to hear some more ideas about what Cardis should be, and what they should be able to do, in the game. But the more I think on it the happier I am they won't be in the Launch. This is a Race that will require an Expansion unto themselves (with at least as much detail as the Federation), and I wouldn't want it rushed or half-@$$ed when the time comes.

Renor

Report this Nov. 28 2004, 11:21 am

Another quick question: I've noticed several "guilds" (or Crews would be more appropriate) that have formed around being members of certain Races (although mostly ships). And I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar for Cardassians?

If no one has perhaps we should put one together and get ourselves ready for the big day (even though that may be a few years off :cry: ).

artika

Report this Nov. 28 2004, 11:41 am

ya that would be a good idea!! but lets not call it a guild, i don't really care for them, but i accept them:)

Renor

Report this Nov. 28 2004, 1:56 pm

Well we could go with "Crew" (instead of Guild), I like that better. But we will still need a name for our "Ship" (for want of a better term), and if possible we should establish a web site of some type.

I maintain several other sites, so anybody willing to take on this task would be much apprieciated. As our Cardi site should have someone dedicated to maintaining and updating it.

All feedback (positive or constructive), and ideas are welcome.

Tegrilin_Sesgar

Report this Dec. 01 2004, 12:10 pm

Quote (Renor @ Nov. 28 2004, 5:56 am)

All feedback (positive or constructive), and ideas are welcome.

I'd love to be in on this.

The only thing I've seen that even slightly resembles what you're talking about is The Seventh Order, and I'm pretty sure it's defunct.  I've got a good NUMBER (EDIT: I wrote "dumber", why didn't anyone tell me?!) of resources gathered concerning Cardassian customs and culture and whatnot.  I could make a page, but I won't guarantee it'll be too professional-looking.  Let me know.

JazH

Report this Dec. 01 2004, 1:03 pm

We must think beyond terms of 'guild's, in Star Trek and specifically in DS9 and the movies we've seen 'fleets' they should ineffect be guilds or a gorup of guilds which would be more fabourable to just 'crews/guilds'

Daybreak

Report this Dec. 01 2004, 2:11 pm

I think I'll start referring to them as 'fleets' rather than 'crews', even.  I'm envisioning the old guild entity as encompassing more than one ship.

In DAoC, there's a large guild on the server I was on...500 some members.  An active fleet of that size could have 8-12 ships, imo.

It would make for some damned great large-scale encounters.