The Future for Man

SpcMedina

Report this Nov. 06 2004, 11:27 pm

Greetings Everyone

With understanding the needed creation for the Star Trek fan clubs,the understanding that these clubs are for fun and fellowship, and the understanding that these clubs are not used for the purposes of political sways:
I needed to ask the imposed question. And am only seeking opinion.
I am asking anyone of Starfleet with an open, honest, and mature mind, If there is any possibilties-under these real times of emergency in the world -if somewhere within the world of Gene Roddenberry's vision of Star Trek the people choose to step in and ask for peace in the world for the purpose of a Star Trek possible future world.
Star Trek accepts diversities and our fan clubs accept diversities, so respectfully I ask for non-ridicule and respect so that none of our time is wasted and my belief in the examples set by the vision of Star Trek, is not diminished.

Orlando Medina
knight2003w@yahoo.com
SERGTrackers@yahoogroups.com
http:\\www.geocities.com\knight2003\SER_page.html

lanceromega

Report this Nov. 07 2004, 12:47 am

Quote (SpcMedina @ Nov. 06 2004, 8:27 pm)
Greetings Everyone

I needed to ask the imposed question. And am only seeking opinion.

Orlando Medina
knight2003w@yahoo.com
SERGTrackers@yahoogroups.com
http:\\www.geocities.com\knight2003\SER_page.html

wasn't the world of star trek buildt on the ashes of a 3 world war? And Gene also producted several pilots based on a post WWIII scenio...

I doubt that just asking for peace will get you anywhere, usually the drive for peace is based on the aftermath of horrible conflict, and trend to be short lived as the younger generation that never experience the horrors of war repeats the mistake of their fore fathers.

Man is an shortsighted creature and until we have develop in mental and spiritual matters we will be condemn to an endless cycle of war and peace...

SpcMedina

Report this Nov. 07 2004, 1:00 am

Greetings Lancer

To one side of the scale you sound very very reasonable. Thank you for that opinion.

knight2003w

lanceromega

Report this Nov. 07 2004, 6:35 am

Quote (SpcMedina @ Nov. 06 2004, 10:00 pm)
Greetings Lancer

knight2003w

just a student of history, there has never been a record era of prolong peace, seem war and peace occurs in cycles that correspond to human generation...

CaptainCherry

Report this Nov. 07 2004, 7:07 am

Actually, I think that part of the idea behind Star Trek was what kind of
a species we would be in the future when TECHNOLOGY has solved a lot
of our problems.  When we have replicators, warp-driven starships, and
the means to easily feed, house and clothe everyone on the planet, it does
seem to harken to that "Utopian" future without war and bigotry.
  Star Trek doesn't deal with how mankind necessarily created this future
condition; but what we do with such power and success as we encounter
other civilizations and cultures out among the stars.  Roddenberry was
essentially optimistic about the future, in that humankind could one day
become a 'successfull' species.  Advanced technology mixed with a healthy
introspection of morality and values is what makes Star Trek so appealling
to the imaginations of its audience.

lanceromega

Report this Nov. 07 2004, 7:26 am

Quote (CaptainCherry @ Nov. 07 2004, 4:07 am)
Actually, I think that part of the idea behind Star Trek was what kind of
a species we would be in the future when TECHNOLOGY has solved a lot
of our problems.  When we have replicators, warp-driven starships, and
the means to easily feed, house and clothe everyone on the planet, it does
seem to harken to that "Utopian" future without war and bigotry.
  Star Trek doesn't deal with how mankind necessarily created this future
condition; but what we do with such power and success as we encounter
other civilizations and cultures out among the stars.  Roddenberry was
essentially optimistic about the future, in that humankind could one day
become a 'successfull' species.  Advanced technology mixed with a healthy
introspection of morality and values is what makes Star Trek so appealling
to the imaginations of its audience.

Funny I throught its apeal had to do with the half nake alien chicks and the kirk's hand to hand combat with the villian of the week...

I actually find the TNG enlighten Star trek to be very boring...

SpcMedina

Report this Nov. 07 2004, 12:59 pm

Greetings Friends

While being a member of the Armed Forces, between 1999-2002, I got a chance to question the Army Advanced Research Head in Fort Benning, who was in charge of running meetings with generals, civilians, foreigners, and the like. I informed him about how in many of my conversations a subject was always brought up concerning mans future, as a Star Trek Future because since back in the sixties, seventies, and eighties, we the civilians had been prepared and ready for Star Trek technology and lifestyle, and Buck Rogers flying cars.
His reply was that he and the government was waiting for more numbers of persons to come to those meetings and just let them know what the public was really seeking as far as he was concerned. He told me that he himself wanted those things, however more than that, he would like more persons, whether through representation, to come to those meetings and give some opinions. He's more than willing to hear them out.
These meetings happen in front of Generals, and other officers, CSM's, Scientist, and other Civilians. You are allowed to speak freely but very respectfully. I know you must represent any trends and opinions with show of total respect, and allowance of conversation. I assure that arguments are not tolerated. A week after or two weeks after we talked,- as he gave me a ride to work,-The Army started the media plays of commercials of the New Army Technology. Years later  this New Army Technology was displayed in shows on the History channel.
So maybe somebody from Starfleet should display their Technology and ideas in these real meetings. I know that one of the NASA rockets, years back, carried Treknology as a guidance control(ST Stellar Cartography), and  decision maker(A.I.). I believe it even showed up in the newspapers.
I'm sure there are these meetings at every civilian lab also. I won't emplace anything I heard about congressmen that believe in the same vision because that would be "displayed" by Starfleet, "as I was told", as utilizing Starfleet to sway a political agenda.I'm trying to remain as a loyal Starfleet Member.

So what's your opinion about my story?

Orlando Medina(Knight2003w/ SpcMedina)
S.E.R.

I'm just stating with this letter that there are those who would be willing to listen if the people spoke up.

Terran17

Report this Nov. 07 2004, 11:39 pm

Quote (SpcMedina @ Nov. 06 2004, 8:27 pm)
Greetings Everyone

I needed to ask the imposed question. And am only seeking opinion.

Orlando Medina
knight2003w@yahoo.com
SERGTrackers@yahoogroups.com
http:\\www.geocities.com\knight2003\SER_page.html

:logical: Some of those that already responded gave good points as of to the flaws of this idea.  However, there is a possibility in my opinion.  We need people to speak out for a united Earth.  It can happen.  The reason why wars are usually fought is, because it is over resources.  Well, the fact of the matter is, is that there is enough food on this planet to feed every person on the face of the Earth.  The point I am trying to make is that we can create this world if we can force our governments to share our nations' resources with one another for the benefit of all.  With all the resources on the Earth, we can eliminate poverty and hunger.  It is only logical that if you give people something to live for then they will not war with one another for fear of losing what they have.  The problem is, is that there are too many people who have nothing to look forward to.  If we all reach out to one another and find the courage in ourselves, we can create the world that Roddenberry visioned.  If we went throughout time thinking that everything that was incredibly difficult to achieve to be impossible then there wouldn't be such a thing as history on our world.

SpcMedina

Report this Nov. 08 2004, 1:04 am

I believe a decision of the people to want this, this much, without interfering with our basic government structure and laws may be something that would change things for the better. All for the future survival of man.
Waiting for WW3 to take place, to then form our decision, is not a very good idea.
Our chains should listen to this in opinionated form. But that's my opinion.
There is another side to this story.
I had spoken to two gentlemen in the past who described the dangers of seeking any neo socialistic ideas. First off, the U.S is capitalistic. Second, socialism has failed in the past, and third the people may have to decide to emplace a cell of representatives that would oversee all subordinate levels. Who would be above these individuals. What is to stop them from deciding to remain with all authority as did Hitler? Which are very good questions.
Well I say there are all possibilities that things may be different this time around. We did learn from the past never to allow such rules to be amended within any power structure. Then again I dont know anything about our "totalitarian political figures". But I wont get into that.

There are ways I believe, just that the government should stop emplacing fear on the average citizen that we may become a communistic society. We can achieve this without becoming the failed facist, socialist, or communist.
We can achieve this and remain as capitalistic as we are while still allowwing other countries to remain with their belief in their system. The difference is that we would be working together.
The only dangers that I see is that everyone would have to share. "If doing that is any danger at all. " And money would become a single currency.
We could keep our Constitution. Their would be new legislation. Blah Blah Blah.

So what are your opinions?

Orlando Medina
S.E.R.

Borg_Unicomplex

Report this Nov. 08 2004, 1:36 am

Political differences and past enemies cannot just be ignored in the average human let alone multipule countries. The greatest way that enemy's work together is when faced with a common but greater enemy. And besides one of the best ways to learn is from ones mistakes, if it takes another world war for moronic people to see the bigger picture so be it!

Borgella

Report this Nov. 08 2004, 2:19 am

Quote (Borg_Unicomplex @ Nov. 07 2004, 10:36 pm)

As my brother said........................................................

Borg_Unicomplex

Report this Nov. 08 2004, 2:22 am

Congratulations?

Borgella

Report this Nov. 08 2004, 2:22 am

Quote (Borgella @ Nov. 07 2004, 11:19 pm)
Quote (Borg_Unicomplex @ Nov. 07 2004, 10:36 pm)

As my brother said........................................................

I believe as a civilization, we could reach for the stars, and leave war behind......you all might not like what we may have to do to do this.......but it could be done.
And hopefully it WILL be done the next 10 years or so............

Borgella

Report this Nov. 08 2004, 2:25 am

Quote (Borg_Unicomplex @ Nov. 07 2004, 11:22 pm)
Congratulations?

Borg_Unicomplex

Report this Nov. 08 2004, 2:26 am

So you think because one country achieves further space travel all political bull#### back here on the blue marble will just go away? AND IN 10 YEARS?

... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: