Starfleet Command III

Achevf

Report this Nov. 01 2004, 1:49 am

My Pc just Crashed down and I reformat it last week, Im so confident that I willbe able to re-install the game: Starfleet Command III, with my CD installer. But it was damage, It can't be read... I tried everything, I recovered most of the File but the Setup file SFC3.exe is unrecoverable...

I need help! If anyone has a SETUP file, SFC3.exe please email it to me at Chrisxian@yahoo.com
PLEASE

Achevf

Report this Nov. 01 2004, 1:52 am

If you have any advice.. PLEASE

dickity6

Report this Nov. 01 2004, 3:07 pm

That sucks. Maybe you can get a new copy of the game somewhere. I'm sure someone is selling it on ebay or something.

Borg_Unicomplex

Report this Nov. 01 2004, 6:40 pm

Try Kazaa or Avio or Bearshare there are many to chose from.

If the disk is damage one could hope that only the skin not the files are damage. Try fire!

Achevf

Report this Nov. 01 2004, 7:49 pm

unfortunately for me SFC3 is no longer at the Philippine market today.
I tried looking but I failed. Not much of a fan for Startrek here.

Achevf

Report this Nov. 01 2004, 7:55 pm

I'll try looking in KAZAA...
thanks

just in case, you have a cd, can you share me that setup FILE, that single file?

SFC3.exe

please send it to my e-mail address: Chrisxian@yahoo.com

WaterTiger

Report this Nov. 03 2004, 10:19 pm

EBay has it ....

Achevf

Report this Nov. 04 2004, 3:35 am

Thanks people.
Mabuhay

Jabberwock

Report this Nov. 05 2004, 7:23 pm

i have that game, but even on a new computer that can play a game more complex than it, it still crashes the computer, the graphics are screwed up if your lucky and it strobes orange and green after a few minutes if it hasn't crashed yet, it looks so cool yet it just doesn't work:sick: does anyone know any fixes to these problems?

Borg_Unicomplex

Report this Nov. 05 2004, 7:43 pm

Download the file at this link:
SFC3 Patch
and follow these instructions:
1) Uninstall Starfleet Command III using Add /
Remove Programs file in your Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the SFC3 game folder off of your
system. Commonly the location of the folder is Crogram FilesActivisionSFC3.

3) Reinstall Starfleet Command III from the game
CD, do not install Direct X 8.1 and do not install Gamespy Arcade from the Game
CD, just the Starfleet Command III game itself. Commonly the install folder is
Crogram FilesActivisionSFC3.

4) Check for the latest version of your video
card drivers from the manufacturer of your video card. For Geforce cards, check
the NVidia web site, for Radeon cards, check the ATI web site. Never get video
drivers from a place that is not the manufacturer of your video card. If you own
a laptop, please check with the manufacturer of your laptop for updated drivers.

5) Make sure your version of Windows is up to
date. Go to Microsofts windows update and get all available updates for your
Windows Operating System.

6) As a recommendation, Download and reinstall
Direct X 9.0c, if you do not have Direct X 9.0c, it is strongly recommended that
you update to Direct X 9.0c or you will cause others to crash in Gamespy Arcade
or Dynaverse 3 servers. Direct X 9.0c is not compatible with previous versions
of Direct X under direct play and people using Direct X version older than 9.0c
will cause players who have upgraded ( 90% of players) to have severe in game
lag, locked loading screens, or Crash to Desktop issues. This is stated in the
Microsoft Direct X FAQ. Installing an older version of Direct X on top of Direct
X 9.0c will cause Direct X 9.0c to corrupt and will requite DirectX 9.0c to be
reinstalled to fix the corruption. You can get the new DirecX 9.0c from

7) Disable any Anti-Virus that you may be
running on your system while installing the patch. After patching, you may
re-enable your Anti-Virus.

8) Install ONLY this v534_b patch on to SFC 3.
This is a stand alone installer and does not need any other Starfleet Command
III downloads. This file is to be used on a clean, unaltered, unpatched version
of Starfleet Command III.

PiOfFive

Report this Nov. 10 2004, 4:25 pm

why not ask for another disk? you still have your key and upc dont u?

Achevf

Report this Dec. 23 2004, 4:14 am

I do have the key, but file SFC3.exe, the setup file itself was corrupted. I recovered all the files that were needed to reinstall the program except the intall file.

Borg_Unicomplex

Report this Dec. 24 2004, 9:48 am

Then download it; all the Trek games have been available for download from many torrent sites. You just have to look hard enough however at the risk of breaking some terms & agreements for this site I cannot provide you with any links.

Achevf

Report this Dec. 25 2004, 12:26 pm

Yes, I tried to look for it on the net. Hoping that the file can be downloaded. But what I found was the patches on Download.com. I gave up.

Achevf

Report this Dec. 25 2004, 12:50 pm

One day, I copied the whole program folder from the computer in my office, which I installed a long time ago, I attemted to transfer it to my pc at home, copied it to the program files, a desperate action that failed. The PC could not detect the program. If it would be MAC that would work.
Anyway, I tried to open the Program file SFC3.exe using Add/remove prog. and I was able to see all the intro movie of the game... but when it was going to start, it did not load because It cant find the dll.. something. That problem is what I encountered when I first installed the Game, not untill I downloaded the patch from the ST gaming site. But this time I'm not avaible to install the patch since there is no installation log that the Patch can detect. Well back to square 1.