DALLAS CON CANCELLED

linda70123

Report this Oct. 15 2004, 11:30 pm

Well, If anyone is interested, the Dallas convention in early November has been cancelled. Due to small number of tickets sold.  The cast of TOS was scheduled to appear.

I am so bummed out.   I was planning on attending.  It would have been great to meet all the TOS cast (minus Kelly of course, and Doohan).

linda70123

Report this Oct. 16 2004, 12:40 am

Well - Der, I was under that impression also.

But I was told in a letter from the place (creation entertainment) - that they sold less than 100 tickets.  I am sure many would have purchased their tickets at the door.  But I guess they have their ways of gauging the turnout... and with a small number of tickets being sold....  they couldn't pay for all the celebs that were supposed to appear.

Also, they may have been doing a "trial" with that con in Dallas.  Because I don't think that I have seen a con scheduled in Dallas before. (Recently, anyway...) --   You see, from what I understand -- certain areas do better with Star trek cons than others... I know they have alot of them in the New York City area and in the west, Vegas and California.....    nothing ever comes to the south, where I live!!! :(

charlie_x

Report this Oct. 16 2004, 2:37 am

Hi Linda, Is Dallas closer to you than Orlando?

linda70123

Report this Oct. 16 2004, 2:53 am

Quote (charlie_x @ Oct. 15 2004, 12:37 am)
Hi Linda, Is Dallas closer to you than Orlando?

Yes Charlie, Dallas is about 450 miles from me.  Orlando is about 650 miles.   I have considered flying to Orlando for the one the weekend of November 20 - but my son's birthday is that weekend.  So I cannot.  However, I am strongly considering flying to the NY city con Thanksgiving weekend.

I JUST WANNA MEET HIM!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

AlphaJohn

Report this Oct. 16 2004, 8:44 am

Quote (linda70123 @ Oct. 16 2004, 2:53 am)
Quote (charlie_x @ Oct. 15 2004, 12:37 am)
Hi Linda, Is Dallas closer to you than Orlando?

Yes Charlie, Dallas is about 450 miles from me. Orlando is about 650 miles. I have considered flying to Orlando for the one the weekend of November 20 - but my son's birthday is that weekend. So I cannot. However, I am strongly considering flying to the NY city con Thanksgiving weekend.

I JUST WANNA MEET HIM!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Linda...seriously, I am flat out hoping you meet Nimoy more than me meeting Jesus. Well almost, but you with Nimoy is a VERY close second. I know it means that much...

Vulcan3324

Report this Oct. 16 2004, 2:08 pm

I'd give up meeting Mr. Bakula if you could meet Nimoy.

I mean, I don't really have a good reason to meet him...just a bad case of a crush, but you have been a faithful fan for many, MANY years, and I really want you to meet him. :)

God bless,
Vulcan

linda70123

Report this Oct. 16 2004, 2:53 pm

OH!!!!! :O

I am sooo touched!!! What good friends I have here!!!

Thank you guys so much for all your good wishes!!!!! :)

I am really gratefull for all your kind thoughts!!!!

But Vulcan, when it comes right down to it..... I hate to admit... It probally is just a crush I have on Nimoy also......I would love to meet him so much!! Even if it would be just for a few seconds.... It would mean so much to me!!! Thanks for your wonderful thoughts!!

And Alpha John -- thanks for your considerate thoughts... you are a very thoughtful friend! And  I hope all of us Christians meet Jesus someday!! :laugh: --- Really!!

charlie_x

Report this Oct. 17 2004, 1:28 am

I, for one , am glad to hear you are going Linda.

linda70123

Report this Oct. 17 2004, 1:44 am

Quote (charlie_x @ Oct. 15 2004, 11:28 pm)
I, for one , am glad to hear you are going Linda.

THANKS CHARLIE!!!!

I will know for sure by the middle of next week!!! :)

linda70123

Report this Oct. 17 2004, 5:05 pm

Quote (DerSpiess @ Oct. 15 2004, 11:48 pm)
You'll get there. Keep that goal in mind, like a compass point on the horizon. Don't give up.

Thanks Der!!

linda70123

Report this Oct. 17 2004, 7:58 pm

* Linda smiles at Der with gratitude and as she thinks of meeting Nimoy!*

Chocolatelover

Report this Oct. 18 2004, 12:02 am

Linda,
I waited in line for 5 hours (with a 4yr old in tow) to get tickets to see Mr. Nemoy! I went through the autograph line and only got to see him a few minutes but...wow...he was so nice. I was just proud of myself that I didn't turn into "fanboy". That's what my friend Dan calls it when you see your favorite star and become
"star" struck, and then turn into a blithing idiot!
Good luck! I know you'll get there!
Chocolatelover

ssmukhi

Report this Oct. 18 2004, 12:09 am

Quote (linda70123 @ Oct. 18 2004, 12:58 am)
* Linda smiles at Der with gratitude and as she thinks of meeting Nimoy!*

While you're at it, please settle the question on the length of his cyliner....I still haven't forgotten that.

ssmukhi

Report this Oct. 18 2004, 1:26 am

Check the "A Spock Line" thread.

linda70123

Report this Oct. 18 2004, 9:00 am

Quote (ssmukhi @ Oct. 16 2004, 10:09 pm)
Quote (linda70123 @ Oct. 18 2004, 12:58 am)
* Linda smiles at Der with gratitude and as she thinks of meeting Nimoy!*

LOOK!!!! I would love more than anything to ask to check the size of his cylinder!!! :laugh: Or invite him up to my room!!!! But I really doubt any of that would actually happen!!!

But I gotta admit --- I still have my dreams of something like that actually happening!!!! :laugh: