Creating Warp Drive

Nostradame1500

Report this Aug. 29 2004, 10:05 am

I don't know about other people's views, but I believe that it is possible to create warp drive. I have been gathering information for the last few months concerning warp and I do think that it is possible. While others may disagree, I have a saying "Until someone presents actual physical proof that something is impossible, it is only improbable". If you have believe that warp drive is possible, please email me at drmuir_2000@yahoo.com for I would like to discuss it with you. Before you disagree with this, think of the possiblities, we will be able to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilisations, we will be able to go where no one has gone before.

AquamonkeyEG

Report this Aug. 29 2004, 1:58 pm

warp drive is very possible by stretching and compressing space, creating a bubble around a ship that moves at FTL velocties while things inside are stationary

AquamonkeyEG

Report this Aug. 29 2004, 2:00 pm

lanceromega

Report this Aug. 29 2004, 2:03 pm

Quote (Nostradame1500 @ Aug. 29 2004, 7:05 am)

Nosta, there are many physicists that believe a form of warp drive is possible.

The Alcubierre Warp Drive is one that works using Relativitic physics but requires exotic matter in order to create a bubble of negative energy that would shrink space in front of the craft and expand it behind it.

Since space is not limited by speed of light it can contract and expand faster than light carrying a space craft with it..

check out :

it an interesting article on the Alcubierre Warp Drive by Physicist John Cramer, one of the Member of advance space drive commitee that was commission by Nasa...

Nostradame1500

Report this Aug. 30 2004, 12:38 am

To everyone who reads my announcement, this is no joke, I am completely serious about creating warp drive because I do think it is possible.

Nostradame1500

Report this Aug. 30 2004, 12:44 am

Thank you very much to AquamonkeyEG, I have downloaded the article you sent me, and I think that it will be very useful in my mission.

IdoNotknow

Report this Aug. 30 2004, 9:09 am

warp drive is very possible, we just dont have a power source that can generate such a thing, other than that, i do not know

beef0roni

Report this Aug. 30 2004, 11:25 pm

it will take a very very long time to gather the materials to create some kind of warp drive. you need lots of anitmatter and from what i know, there's one company out somewhere that makes anitmatter.  from what i can recall, they can only make one antiproton a year.

Nostradame1500

Report this Aug. 31 2004, 2:08 am

Actually scientists have been experiementing with anti-hydrogen which can also be used as anti matter in large amounts, and it appears to be stable.

Nostradame1500

Report this Aug. 31 2004, 2:10 am

well i some how doubted that i could create warp drive tomorrow i expected to do it in maybe a decade or two. But if all of you help me in creating it you will be doing something increadible for mankinds future, so please join with me to usher in a new era for humanity.

lanceromega

Report this Aug. 31 2004, 3:31 am

Quote (Nostradame1500 @ Aug. 30 2004, 11:08 pm)

first antimatter is not needed for a real warp drive, what is needed is exotic matter, which is matter that has a negative energy density.

This matter or negative energy density would allow you to warp space in a manner to travel faster than light.

To generate such a negative energy density would require some form of Casmir effect on a large scale, most likely by using trillion of nanobots aligning Parallel plates in a manner to generate a region of negate energy around a space ship.

such scheme has been look at check out :

for the Nasa breakthru advance physic propulsion page...

Teta

Report this Aug. 31 2004, 6:28 am

anyway, there is no one, anywhere, experimenting with warp drive. ion drive, now thats another matter, it is entirelly possable, they know it is, cos they have had extremely small tests of it, (a 200m2 engine, making 1 pound of thrust)

(kinda off topic) anti-matter is just about the most unstable form of anything ever, apart from magnetic containment, we have no way ofstoring more than one or two anti-whatevers, warp drive wont be possable till we can store more

Kingspock

Report this Aug. 31 2004, 5:11 pm

We could always have fusion reactors.

AquamonkeyEG

Report this Aug. 31 2004, 8:28 pm

yeah, look at the Pheonix it was powered by a fission reactor (or fussion i can't seem to remember which)

lanceromega

Report this Sep. 01 2004, 12:07 am

Quote (Teta @ Aug. 31 2004, 3:28 am)

Cern lab has store over 5000 atoms of antihydrogen.

As for working on warp drive, see the link I provided before for the Break thru physics. they are a group of physicist looking at revolutionary methods of propelling a craft without the use of rocket or ion drives.

Users browsing this forum: sonofspock1