Computer Voive

Report this Aug. 01 2004, 5:05 pm

Ware can i get the Computer Voice that is on all the Star Trek Ships, for example, when any staff member says Computer then the staff member gives a command, it is the voice that the computer uses i would like to down load and ma by use in windows? can any one send be the link in an email to stephenjohnston@blueyonder.co.uk

reichou_muierqejj_v

Report this Aug. 01 2004, 5:46 pm

That depends on which era of Star Trek you mean.

There was a rather monotone voice for Kirk's computer in TOS... which "could" have been Majel Barrett.. but I'm not certain. Then in TNG there was officially the standard Enterprise computer voice of actress Majel Barrett-Roddenberry. In DS9, the Cardassian station had a different actress serve as the computer voice. In Voyager, if I remember correctly, it was Majel again. In Enterprise, the computer has no voice, but the automated repair station in "Deadstop" had a computer voice played by Roxann Dawson-Biggs (who played Torres in Voyager, and directed several Enterprise episodes).

I'm not aware of a source where you could duplicate any of those voices for your computer. But you could probably find wav files of pre-recorded statements from episodes on some fan website or another.

Teta

Report this Aug. 03 2004, 2:30 pm

you can get it here:http://www.starfleetcom.net/lcars/gallery.htm
there are 100's of them

NuclearWessels

Report this Aug. 03 2004, 2:38 pm

For the video games, the Computer Voice from DS9 played the Federation Computer voice i think

NuclearWessels

Report this Aug. 03 2004, 2:42 pm

Quote (Teta @ Aug. 03 2004, 12:30 pm)
you can get it here:http://www.starfleetcom.net/lcars/gallery.htm
there are 100's of them

that's a good site, now if only we could see bigger versions of those thumbnails

Teta

Report this Aug. 03 2004, 2:55 pm

yep, there are sounds, pictures, everything there

CarlJames

Report this Aug. 03 2004, 2:55 pm

Quote (NuclearWessels @ Aug. 03 2004, 11:42 am)
Quote (Teta @ Aug. 03 2004, 12:30 pm)
you can get it here:http://www.starfleetcom.net/lcars/gallery.htm
there are 100's of them

Nice.... thanks.

I agree about the thumbnails too.

ramfansam

Report this Aug. 07 2004, 2:36 pm

If you are interested in VOX (voice activation) for your computer, I can help. Two of my four computers at home and my computer at work are all voice activated. I used to use the Majel Barret wavs for responses, but after a while they almost began to get on my nerves. So, I looked around and found a really sexy female voice wav collection. I especially like how I say "Valerie" (I call the computer this instead of 'computer' because it is less common and results in fewer recognition problems) and she says "Yes, great one?"...so nice.
I got this program free. A guy named Michal wrote the program. It's been around for a few years, so it's stable. It's not like Dragon Naturally Speaking: It doesn't type for you, but it does do a lot. The website is VoiceFlux

MGeo

Report this Aug. 07 2004, 5:08 pm

Rofl when you start the installing of the VoiceFlux Applictaion it gives you the Tribes 1 Flag Capturing sound. :D

Users browsing this forum: sonofspock1