Canadian National Sci-Fi Expo

Jeannie_T

Report this Jul. 26 2004, 5:55 pm

Is anyone going?

Patrick Stewart is my favourite actor and I'd love to meet him in person.  It's not bad, $35 to get in but at least an additional $119 to see Patrick.  Has anyone been?  What exactly happens there?  Is it worth it?

CaptPicard1701

Report this Jul. 26 2004, 6:15 pm

It's certainly worth the money to meet the "Captain of the Enterprise", Jeannie what date will this be held on?

CaptPicard1701

Report this Jul. 26 2004, 6:20 pm

I to, think Patrick Stewart is an outstanding actor, having the opportunity to meet him would be a gracious event.

Jeannie_T

Report this Jul. 26 2004, 7:19 pm

It will take place August 27th-29th.  Patrick Stewart will be there on the 28th.

CaptPicard1701

Report this Jul. 27 2004, 1:19 pm

Interesting, thank you.

Jeannie_T

Report this Jul. 27 2004, 5:38 pm

No problem CaptPicard1701. Maybe I'll see you there!
Also, have you been to a Trek/Sci-Fi convention before?

CaptPicard1701

Report this Jul. 30 2004, 11:31 am

Quote (Jeannie_T @ July 27 2004, 2:38 pm)
No problem CaptPicard1701.  Maybe I'll see you there!
Also, have you been to a Trek/Sci-Fi convention before?

lol, yes maybe we will. :)

This will be my first ever convention, I have wanted to attend in the past but just never was able to make it.

Are you purchasing the $169 ticket?

Jeannie_T

Report this Jul. 30 2004, 6:30 pm

I think I'm gonna go for the $119 ticket because just being the room with him will be neat enough.  I don't know.  I have to think about it.  Are you gonna get the Gold ticket?

CaptPicard1701

Report this Jul. 31 2004, 7:49 pm

Quote (Jeannie_T @ July 30 2004, 3:30 pm)
I think I'm gonna go for the $119 ticket because just being the room with him will be neat enough. I don't know. I have to think about it. Are you gonna get the Gold ticket?

Gold Ticket $169.00 plus tax
-Special Patrick Stewart VIP Collectable Pass
-includes priority reserved seating
-1 free autographed 8x10" photo, authentically hand signed by Patrick Stewart

Silver Ticket $119.00 plus GST and Entertainment tax
-includes reserved seating
-1 free autographed 8x10" photo, authentically hand signed by Patrick Stewart

I'm not sure, I'm debating. The assumption I'm under is that both tickets allow us to see him, and both provide us with a autographed photo. The only difference is the "collectable VIP pass" I would like the opportunity to perhaps get one of my TNG movies signed by him, and have a picture taken with him if at all possible. That would surely make my day.

Are you purchasing your tickets online?

Jeannie_T

Report this Aug. 02 2004, 4:07 am

Exactly what is a "VIP collectable pass"?  I'd love to get my picture taken with him and have him sign one of my sketches of him.  I'm gonna purchase the tickets when I get there.  I really hope they don't run out!!

CaptPicard1701

Report this Aug. 02 2004, 6:16 pm

Quote (Jeannie_T @ Aug. 02 2004, 1:07 am)

The impression I'm under is that is a laminated plastic card with his picture in it, with Sci-Fi Convention 2004 written below it, in other words meant to make us spend more money. Buying tickets at the door could possess a problem, tickets are limited, it would be unfortunate to travel to Toronto only to discover that they are sold out. I'm considering purchasing mine online.

Do you think he signs personal items & allows picture taking? I'm sure he'll appreciate your sketches. :)

Jeannie_T

Report this Aug. 03 2004, 2:17 am

Yes, maybe I should purchase mine online too.  Do you know if we can reserve the tickets and pay for them there?  I think he'll sign personal items but I'm not sure about picture taking.

Thanks, I hope he likes my sketches!!

CaptPicard1701

Report this Aug. 04 2004, 12:10 pm

Quote (Jeannie_T @ Aug. 02 2004, 11:17 pm)
Yes, maybe I should purchase mine online too. Do you know if we can reserve the tickets and pay for them there? I think he'll sign personal items but I'm not sure about picture taking.

Thanks, I hope he likes my sketches!!

I have no idea if you can reserve then pay at the door, i'll see what I can find on the site.

CaptPicard1701

Report this Aug. 08 2004, 1:51 pm

I've searched the site, as well as ticket master and unfortunately I dont think you can reserve tickets for an event such as this. The only information they offer is purchasing "advanced tickets" that ensure you entrance, no waiting, and no line ups upon entry.

I have attempted calling, but the line seems to be busy.

Jeannie_T

Report this Aug. 08 2004, 8:15 pm

Quote (CaptPicard1701 @ Aug. 08 2004, 1:51 pm)

I have attempted calling, but the line seems to be busy.

Thanks for looking it up for me. Unfortunately I may not be able to see Patrick Stewart since I have been asked to play at a wedding that Saturday afternoon. I hope they'll poste the schedule for the guests soon so I can see if I can make it!