You’re sounding a lot like Descartes

Q1

Report this Aug. 23 2002, 7:13 pm

"Mathematics is not debatable - (axa) + (bxb) = (cxc) it always is that way. [a sqaured plus b squared is equal to c squared](basic euclidian geometry)"

What makes any topic not debatable?

kirkintha

Report this Aug. 23 2002, 8:12 pm

Truth is truth - take the function I gave you and try to disprove it. I’ll listen, I want to hear your comments.:)

Q1

Report this Aug. 23 2002, 8:16 pm

Truth is truth, sure; but demonstration of a truth is something else. It’s your argument. If you’re going to debate you have to prove your argument. That is what debate is. Your comments are your’s to prove in debate.

kirkintha

Report this Aug. 23 2002, 8:50 pm

[a sqaured plus b squared is equal to c squared](basic euclidian geometry)"
a=8
b=6

axa= 36
bxb= 64
cxc= 100

the suare root of 100 is 10

No matter how hard you try to disprve this, these numbers are true. That is why you can prove that mathematics is concrete. the numbers add up. The computer you are using right now depends on provable mathematical functions.

You keep missing my point. And it seems like you only half ass read my posts. To be honest, debate is impossible with you, it’s like trying to explain something to you, which you know very little about. Please, read more, and yes Descarte, and Aristotle, Nietze, understood the philosophical realm of physics.

You keep proposing too many ideas at one time, you change your mind in mid sentence, then later you’ll post an aparant contradiction to what I say.

Take for example your post you say "truth is truth;sure, but demostration of a truth is something different entirely.

What I just did is demonstrate the truth. It is out there, I don’t know if you notice, but every post Master Q comes up with, you come, in every post I’ve read, and disregard statements as being unsupported and irreleavnt.

As for my petulant behaviour, buddy I’ve been far to nice. I spend my days in meetings, and traveling internationally. I talk with leaders in industry, and have had many debates and discussions talking about these very concepts, with people who make me look like an idiot.

Your talking rhetoric, and I can tell by your attitude that you are also debating the fundamentals of what you beleive in yourself.

I apologize that you won’t be hearing from me again. I’m finding these comments on these subject by you to be uninspiring.

All the time you have been impeaching me, saying I cannot prove anything. You remind myself when I was a freshman in college, dealing with new ideas and new knowledge. Use your ideas to complement others, and to implore them into debate. None of this ham-handed physics works for you, or for me. I need to debate with people who want to allow me to understand, none of this your right I’m wrong sh1t.

Sorry I have to go, and once again I apologize for our personality conflicts. gotta catch a plane.

k

Q1

Report this Aug. 23 2002, 9:53 pm

Just because they seem to simple to consider. What you’re saying about the Pythagorean theorem is true. The Pythagorean theorem is true, at least it is from the last time I remember it; but what debate is concerned with is not if a true statement is being made, it’s concerned with that statement being proved true. Debate is about proving ideas. It’s not about saying ideas are true. It’s about proving that they are true.

Now if you want to be more petulant and disregard my attempt to resolve your misunderstandings, then, hey - go catch a plane.

Q1

Report this Aug. 23 2002, 10:02 pm

I’m not saying what you’re saying is false because I’m asking you to prove it. I’m asking you to prove your points because that’s the requirement of debate. Try to learn

Q1

Report this Aug. 23 2002, 10:05 pm

I’ve offered way too much knowledge than you and others on this board deserve to be taught by your attitudes. Something I regret and will not repeat.

Xar

Report this Aug. 24 2002, 2:14 am

You might have a point. For instance, a^2+b^2=c^2 only applies in planar geometry, but doubtless you know all that. So not everything in math is solid fact, I guess. If you apply enough conditions, you could likely disprove anything, but I don’t want to go to that much trouble.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam